Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #76  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wilma~Woo hoo on your walking! You are an inspiration. The doctor suggested to me that I get up every morning and go for a walk and i'm trying to make it part of my day, i'll just remember that if YOU can do it, I can do it! Right?

On my way to my two finals this a.m. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

I'm scheduled to take that graduation pic tonight!

Have a great day all! You are all in my prayers for a happy and healthy and blessed day!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:41 AM   #77  
Quit counting at 45!

Thanks Michele. I am still feeling really out of shape but I sleep much better when I walk. I'm looking forward to the results in a few weeks. I use the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes when I can't get outside. She's a bit sugary but I like the steps and how simple they are to do. Best of luck in your finals today.

I'm also planning my meals better. I still have my usual salad each day for lunch and then 1 carb and 1 protein. I always have my yogurt and 2 fruits at breaks during the day. My biggest challenge is still the evening. Last night we had tacos and then a piece of Drumstick Cake (ice cream cake) to celebrate youngest DS's 19th birthday. I walked after watching American Idol and then didn't feel like eating after that. I have no idea what we're eating tonight. Good planning, right???

Have a wonderful day! Keep posting!!
Old 05-08-2003, 08:57 PM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry I'M HERE

HI LADIES--

Sorry I haven't posted but I have been super busy between work and step-D's softball games-- we just got home from one. I have been at work the last couple of days-- I told my wife last night that I tried it and didn't like it, that I just want to be a stay at home dad-- she says when your kids are almost 20 and 22 it doesn't count

WILMA-- Sorry I haven't been supporting you on those walks-- GOOD FOR YOU!! P.S. how do you walk when you walk inside? My wife really likes using tapes to run/walk. Congratulations on the planning of meals- it really matters-- seems like all the quick decisions for meals are bad for us. We watch American Idol too-- I am for Clay this time-- Josh is stationed in our town- we eat where he does his kareokee-- although I have never seen him-- but then we don't go there but 2 or 3 times a year. Keep up the great work!! You are gonna have a great summer with all this exercise! and meal planning! those boys better watch out 'cause momma's kickin' butt

MICHELE Send those pictures!!Sorry about your anxiety attacks-- try to take it a little easier ok? Finals sure are taking their toll on my kids too- son has been up 24 hrs with papers to write- daughter trying to cram hers in before she heads to Georgis this week-end. Don't care much for that lump business- get it taken care of pronto ok.

Michele, Wilma, Sami- my wife has been getting up early and going walking/running every day since our weather is nicer-- she sure swears by it.

SAMI-- Keep up the exercise!! Sorry you have been tired and had migranes-- we are here for you to vent!!

ZOE- Congrats on the 300-- you deserved to spend it shopping!

Guess we have lost Sherry and a few others!!

Gotta get to the table or the wife is gonna clean it up-

IN HIS CARE- Gary
Old 05-08-2003, 09:54 PM   #79  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I saw this and had to pass it on. We are all his jewels!

And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day
when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My
jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure). And I will
spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him.
-Malachi 3:17 AMP
Old 05-09-2003, 08:51 AM   #80  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's Friday!! I am looking forward to the weekend already. Tonight we have a 50th birthday party to go to and tomorrow after cleaning and baking we are going to visit some new friends. I'm getting a rhubarb plant from her.

I did well with my eating yesterday. I didn't walk but went out grocery shopping instead. Thursday is my late work day so most everything gets left - except Survivor of course!!

Gary: I use the Leslie Sansone walking videos. She uses aerobic steps that simultate walking. I do find that they're effective. Some of them use weights which makes them more challenging. I plan to do a lot of outdoor walking too. I'm still a little apprehensive to go walking in my neighbourhood. I think it's between Clay and Ruben for American Idol. I really want Ruben to win but he has a career waiting for him if wants - I'm sure.

Michele: Thanks for reminding us how precious we all are in God's sight. We need to remember that especially when we are feeling down about ourselves.

Where is everyone else? I hope you're out gardening or walking and not just ignoring us. We miss you when you're not here.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-09-2003, 10:23 AM   #81  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

OH! Don't even get me started on those two skeletal, icky, caddy girls on Survivor! I missed last nights show but know that Heidi was voted out.

And I too want Ruben to win. He's the Velvet Teddybear! They are all very talented.

At the gym today but only til 1:30. (Woo hoo!)

My parents are celebrating 39 years of marriage today! Wow, huh?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:04 PM   #82  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default TGIF!!

another Friday is here which means that tomorrow morning is my WW weigh in. I must confess that I've not been too good lately. I missed the last 2 weeks of WW ~ 1 due to not wanting to weigh in and last week due to the golf tournament. I know that the scale won't smile on me but I think I need the "kick in the butt" (sorry..... ...) to get myself back on track. If y'all hear me screaming from where you are, you'll know I gained BIG TIME!!

Michele and Wilma ~ I watch Survivor and American Idol too. I want Matthew to win on Survivor. Those girls and Rob get on my last nerve!! Butch is ok but sort of whimpy. As for A.I., I have to be different, I want Kimberly to win but I don't think she will. I think it will come down to Clay and Ruben and again, being different, I want Clay. It's going to be a great last show on Survivor and A. I. will be a hard decision.

Sami ~ how you feeling girl?? Hope you're doing ok.

Gary ~ I have to side with your wife ~ A stay-at-home-Dad when your kids are 20 and 22 doesn't count. If you do figure out how to do it, let me know ~ I wanna do that too, not that mine are close to your kids ages.

Well, have a wonderful evening and a great weekend. Talk to you all in a day or so.

In Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 05-09-2003, 11:12 PM   #83  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all!

Just when I was getting really discouraged with my WA guy, my sweetie called tonight! We talked for over an hour and now I feel better.....

I took that grad pic tonight! It was kind of fun! I didn't get it on disc, but going to see if i can still. If not, i'll have it scanned or something. Was really cool to put the cap and gown on and see what it'll look like.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:10 PM   #84  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry SATURDAY

HI LADIES

How is everyone this week-end? I hope you all have fun days planned. I had to check on a job this morning, my wife went out for her 3 miler so I thought I would check in.

Went to my daughter's tennis banquet last night-- my wife and I picked up my ex and we headed down-- what should have been a 45 minute trip took twice as long-- people going to the Billy Grahm Crusade!! The banquet was very nice-- we had chicken stuffed with some kind of apricot thing, rice and veggies. The girls all got nice plaques for winning their conference and region. My daughter also got a plaque for being scholar athlete They headed off to Georgia this morning for the National tournament-- pray for good weather.

I have been doing my X-trainer every day now for two and a half weeks. I think I might have lost a pound or two-- hard to tell for sure-- doesn't matter though because I know doing the exercise is a good thing. I saw this morning on weight watchers dot com that if you don't think 2 pounds is much-- dump 2 one pound containers of margarine on a plate and look at that!

As far as Survivor this time around I have only seen a few shows-- too busy those nights this time-- I just didn't get into it-- I hear though that it might be the best one yet-- oh well. American Idol is still on my "to watch" list though. There have been alot of stories on Josh the last few days in the local papers since he lost-- they are planning a big party for him at the restaurant he kareokees at. I know most of you want Ruben, and I think he will win, but I am pulling for Clay. To me Ruben has alot of 8's but Clay has some 10's (also some 6's though)-- all in all my favorite songs are coming from Clay.

Hope you all have a great Mother's Day!!

Michele- don't let that boy just call you when HE wants!!! Glad to hear you are in again.

Wilma- have a great time with the new friends.

Zoe- get with the program Remember just a few months ago you where our rock!

Outta here for now, IN HIS PEACE- Gary
Old 05-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #85  

Angry Hi ya!

Sorry I haven't been around! I have been busy with church this week. I had prayer meeting Wed. Night, cleaned it Thurs. Morning, and the business meeting was last night. I have my bowling banguet tonight. E.Z.- Yes it is a money league. We should do well. about $150. each this year I figure. So that will be good. I have to go decide what I am going to wear, and get that ready. But wanted to touch base say Hi and hope all is well. Take Care.
Old 05-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #86  

Angry I'm alive and well

Hello CEer's!!!!!

Sorry I have been missing again. I have been SOOOO busy that I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. But I'm alive and good. This next week, I'm going to start taking more time for me. At least a few nights a week, I'm going to my big garden tub and listen to music and soak the stresses of the day away, and it was suggested by my dh who thinks I don't take enough time for myself. AHHHH!!!!

Sami ~ Congratulations on the TEN lbs!!!!! Yeah, doing the happy day!!! Your little puppy sounds so cute!!! Of course, aren't they all cute and then they grow up. I'm a major coffee fan but have never been to Starbucks. Tell me what I'm missing. What happened with your dd's job?? Still praying for ya'll. I'm so proud of you resisting that dessert calling your name. That is always a hard one.

Gary~ Way to keep moving and being a for us!!! We all need to be moving in some form or another. I'm doing as well as I can with the moving. This week, I hope to increase a little bit more. The pictures are GREAT!!!! Gary, pretty good looking to be SO OLD!!!! Just kidding! My kids are always telling me how "old" I am. I'm only 41!!! I think it's GREAT that you help your wife like you do.

Michele~ How's the back doing? I hope it's doing better for you! How's Washington? I'm glad yal'll got to talk about it all. Sounds like maybe ya'll might have something to build on. Thanks so much for missing me!!! That makes me feel good. Your mother sounds GREAT!!! My always was but I lost her in 1997 and it's so hard now. I miss her terribly. Trust me, spend all the time with her that you can. Enjoy every moment.

Sue (Doitforme)~ Thanks, but no need to send out the search party. Yes, I'm busy!!! Sounds like you are too and that you need to take some time to relax. My dh is always getting on to me telling me that I can't take care of everyone else unless I take care of me. I guess I'm passing that advise on to you.

Zoe~ Nice picture! I'm very guilty too of trying to stay out of pictures. My kids won't let me most of the time but I do try. Maybe I shouldn't. My oldest dd made some picture frames out of hard cardboard and then decorated them so cute for her and her little sister. And would you believe the picture my little dd picked for her frame is of my dh and I living on a towel at a lake resting after swimming and we both look like beached whales!!!! But, there was so few to choose from that that was her favorite.

Wilma~ Don't ya just hate S-L-O-W computers!?!! It drives me crazy!!! Sounds like you are doing good but really busy. Take care of yourself too!!

Beth~WELCOME!!!!!!! I hope you will like your stay here and come here often. This is the BESTEST group I know of. They are supportive, considerate, and very kind. Welcome again, glad to have you.

Well, I better get busy. I'm off but have a lot of catching up to do on the house, etc... Have a GREAT day and a GREAT weekend!!!!! Glad to be back, I have missed ya'll SO MUCH!!!!!
Old 05-10-2003, 03:03 PM   #87  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary~don't you worry. I'm not waiting by the phone for my WA guy to call. I had called the night before and left a message and he was returning the call. He was rear-ended in his van last Tuesday and he has whiplash, so I'm worried about him. He was stopped and it totalled his work van. It was so nice to talk to him though!

Sherry~Glad to hear from you, but wow you've been busy. I'd listen to your DH and take some "me" time! Yes, you have been missed

Well, i have lots to do, phone calls to make. Trying to get all the aunt's and nieces together for coffee next week so they can all see Mom. I'm so tired and have a migraine so I think i'll take the meds, go lay down for a bit first. My thyroid was too low and so i'm taking a higher dose. Hope that helps the fatigue, etc.

I want to wish all you Mom's a very blessed and Happy Mother's Day!!! Enjoy your day!@-}-
Old 05-11-2003, 01:07 PM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES

I hope you all are having/had a great day! I just got home from church-- went alone as my wife was up in Pedro to visit her mom, my son was IN BED and my daughter was in Georgia. Oh well, it was good to be there, I was thinking of not going-- glad I went-AS USUAL!!!!

I am asking for prayers for a lady at our church ( that I don't know ) last Saturday morning her mom passed away, she lived 3 hours away, I guess she wasn't doing well but was not expected to die yet-- anyway our member went up to take care of things and after being there just a few hours dealing with the loss of her mom her children called her to tell her that her husband, 56, had passed away from a totally unexpected heart attack. Obviously she is not doing well.

I did my 4.25 miles on the X-trainer yesterday ( it is a good thing because the wife was out of town last night and I overate at the local Mexican restaurant!!! OoooHhhh I am still feeling it! )

I spent most of yesterday at a high school baseball doubleheader watching the son of a good friend of mine play. It was alot of fun- it has been awhile since I have watched baseball with all the softball of my step-D.

Going to visit my mom soon- her Mother's Day present from me is the CSI DVD of the first season-- I think she will like it.

doitforme- Good to hear from you. How was your bowling banquet? Did you spend your winnings on selfish stuff? GOOD! Church is a great place to be busy at. Have a great week.

SHERRY -I hope you are taking time for yourself!! I know you are not the healthiest right now and beeing too busy is not going to help!! Your health is the most important thing!! And what do you mean you have never been to Starbucks!! A great place!! I can't afford to go there as much as I would like- since I drink soooo much coffee-- but to me it is a real treat-- and I just get a Venti of the coffee of the day. Never the ice-cream coffees or whatever the "dessert" drinks are.

MICHELE- Have a great visit with your mom. Sorry to hear about your boy-- whiplash is nasty-- my wife can verify that from an accident as a teen-ager- she still has problems-- hence the chiropractor visits each week. And losing your work van too is no help. Prayers.

Gotta run- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you all!!!

IN HIS LOVE- Gary
Old 05-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #89  

Default Hi, I'm back again

Hi everyone,
I haven't posted in over 3 weeks as I was getting over oral surgery.
I have really missed this support group, and hope to re-join , starting today.
The great thing about the past surgery, is in the last 2 weeks since I had it, I've lost 5.5 pounds! Finnally, I am able to eat vegies, and soft protein again.
God is so good, as I had minimal pain, and am healing well.
I had an impacted permanent cuspid that decided to erupt, but there was no where to go, but through healthy roots. It had to come out.
I am back on the Protein Power Plan, which is adequate protein, vegies, and fruits; with less starches, grains used in limited amounts.
At this point, I am 5'4, and 156.6 pounds, small boned. The lightest I've been in several years.
Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day.
In His Love, Claudette
Old 05-12-2003, 07:04 AM   #90  

Angry Monday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Hope all the MOMS had a good day yesterday, I know I sure did. Today promises to be a very busy one. I have NINE visits and have decided to start earlier than normal since it's getting so very hot here in the south. In the afternoons, I just sweat it out in these little folks' homes with no air on. My poor little older folks, say they aren't hot but whoa, it's in the 80's in their homes with no air circulating!!! I teach on them drinking plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration since many of them are on the verge anyway, and don't drink near enough, plus, keeping their homes with air circulating, etc.... But I can only do so much. LOL

Well, gotta hit the shower. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT day!!!! Prayers to you all and GARY for the lady at church. My heart sure goes out for her. Her road is very rocky right now and she will need lots of support.

Cya later!!!!
Closed Thread