Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default im going on a scale diet

the post below mine (about the new scale) has inspired me.

i am an obsessive weigh-er. im so fed up right now on a plateau that ive actually considered giving up.

i noticed also that when my weight is down i tend to cut myself more slack, only to see it rise again.

im not weighing myself for two weeks. this may sound pretty easy to some of you, but im used to weighing myself about 10 times/day. maybe not having any input will make me work harder.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #2  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Good for you! I can completely relate to that... This past summer I went to this weight loss program at a "spa" (I use the term "spa" loosely, because it wasn't all that... lol...) that was medically supervised... and they just weighed you once when you arrived with the initial intake and medical evaluation... AND THAT WAS IT for the scale for 2 WEEKS!!! Than the focus was just on diet and exercise, and behavior modification and relaxation techniques and things along those lines..

Needless to say I was bit skeptical... But it turned out to be very liberating for me and it really was the jumpstart that I needed to get down to were I am now...

So now I'm big believer in a scale "vacation" every so often, so I can focus on other things besides a "number" on a scale...

Good luck... and hopefully you'll let us know how it goes for you...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Ultimately if we are losing weight we do not need a scale to know that. And if we burn more calories then we take in we will lose.

What a healthy view to take a scale break
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good luck! Don't forget to go update the Valentine's Day challenge thread when you do weigh again, lol. Hopefully this break from the scale will help you.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

I've been thinking of ditching my scale for a week or two myself to see how things go. Seems when I lose weight I sometimes slack and gain two back.

penmage, I just noticed we're the same height, have the same starting weight, and same goal weight and not far from each other at the moment. *high5*
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote