Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Everything Undone

I lost five pounds this month, and this weekend I gained it all back. I had a really emotional time concerning one of my kids. It's like I didn't care anymore. I ate whatever, whenever. I have to start all over.
Inkrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #2  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

It is incredibly unlikely that you gained 5lbs of fat - a great deal of that is water retention. Drink lots of water, get right back on plan, and (most importantly) forgive yourself!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:42 PM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

What she said!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172/150

Height: 5'2"

There is no way u can gain 5 lbs over a weekend...
just keep in mind tht u cannot be into weight loss mode 365 days ayear, u r bound to hv weak days. Just don't belittle urself for those bad days. tomorrow is a new day. Get going and be strong for urself and ur kids...
iamritu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #5  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Hugs! Emotional eating during tough times ... it happens to us all. When I feel the urge to soothe through food I try to find comfort in staying on plan, going to the gym or trying a new bubble bath. I've even gotten into essential oils ... I didn't really understand why until I realized that the rich scents were replacing my urge for rich food.

And I agree with everyone else that most of your gain is due to salt and/or dehydration. I didn't realize how bad salt was until, time and again, I would see a multi-pound increase after a salty meal, an increase that would always take two days to vanish.

More recently, I also noticed that my weight loss stalls really bad if I don't drink enough water so now I make sure I drink as much as I can stand. Water just keeps everything moving and drinking tons of it fills you up so you won't want to eat as much. I like to add lemon, mint, or cucumber to make it seem more special.

Forgive yourself, tough times are hard on us all. You can beat this!!!!
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote