Goodbye to the 150's

You're on Page 11 of 28
Go to
  • Quote: Kk2323, I experience this as well - I was 152.0 on Monday, then had a few treats on Mon/Tues, and one today, and was at 154 today. Now I have to lose those two pounds again.
    Now isn't that so frustrating? I'm sure the couple of treats did NOT equal enough calories to merit actual pounds of weight yet we have to see a number we don't like.

ShaMac, congrats on losing 10 pounds this month!! that is fantastic! I hope your sweet-cravin' brain leaves you alone so as not to mess with your loss.

Sum38 - you will get there!!

dstalksalot (I'm wondering about your screen name, do you have a toddler? ) that theory sure makes sense, I'm sure that's what my body was telling me last night as I white-knuckled it through the evening without a nibble.

kk2323, I certainly also think of you guys when I do the dreaded scale approach I want good news so much. Sometimes when I have a small loss my crazy self thinks 'oh you can relax a bit now' when I truly need instead to keep my vigilance!

151 this morning.

it's nice to get to 'know' everyone here. I'm sure a 3FC groupie, been a member since 2002!! obviously I have never 'fixed' my eating problems, just get to a managable point for a while, then not.
  • VermontMom-
    Although my son does talk alot my name is a mix on my initials DS :-)

I am not entirely convinced you can fix eating problems. Its something you kinda have to just do your best for the rest of your life to manage them. If people are lax in their management the weight comes on. There is no quick fix.
  • So....I woke up at 6:30 am to get my son ready for school. I hopped on scale, 160 ...turned out my son was feeling quite bad and he did not go to school, so I, as well went back to bed until 8:30 am...at which point the silly me stepped on that scale again (ya; I am a slave) and it was 159.8. So I recorded the 160 as my official weight for the day, but I ain't leaving this thread
  • Sum...I followed you here! I weighed in at 159 this morning too....I hate it! I want a new 140s address! Let's move together!
  • Yeppers Guac...we need a change in scenery! -- How many times have we been at the same weight; weather is higher and lower...we are in sync. So let's work together and get this monkey off our backs.
  • Sum38, that's the spirit! Refusing to give up is the kind of attitude we all need to carry us out of the 150's right into the 140's.
  • Sum and Guac, don't leave us!! We need all the peeps we can get in this friggin' battle. Let's keep on it together.

Thanks everyone for the great responses to my question about our brain rebels. I'm glad that I'm not alone.

I'm at 151.7 today. Gave the scale a swift middle finger this morning, had a great long workout on lunch break, and...uh...then I ate 130 cals worth of chocolate treats after lunch. I mean, seriously folks, it's no mystery why I've been gaining bits this week. Siiiiiigh...
  • Whew! Good thing I was able to leave those sweets along for at least two days out of the week (That's a major accomplishment for me ). Down another 2lbs this week, I'm now at 151.2 .
  • I am back

158.6 that it sticks; tomorrow is an end date a few of my challenges that I am part of and my goal was 159....
  • Awesome job Sum and Sha! I'm 151.8 today. Looks like I'm going to be here for a while.
  • Nice job, ShaMac and Sum38!
    Kk2323, you'll get there- keep at it!

I was 150.4 this morning- soooo close to the 140's!
  • 157.2 this am.

CleverName Sooo close!!
  • Clevername, it won't be long before your leaving us behind! Good Luck!
  • Thanks, Sum and ShaMac!

Sum, nice going!

I'm at 150.4 again today, and TOM just arrived for the first time since I got pregnant- I haven't had one since September 2011!

So can everyone tell me- how does TOM affect weight loss? Do you normally retain the water weight while AF is present, or something else? I'm clueless, lol.
  • CN You are so going to drop weight within the next few days. I am sure you retained water before TOM. I would not be surprised at all if you were to wave us goodbye tomorrow.