Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I would just eat the slice. Otherwise, it would be in the back of my mind all day and regardless of whether I have a healthy version of pizza, I'll still be thinking about that saucy, cheesy slice that I forbid myself to have. And I will feel just as miserable.

Depends on your willpower and ability to push these things from your mind. I'm pretty damn weak!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #17  

I would probably eat the slice and then stock up on the WW or Lean Cuisine for when the "after cravings" start.

Last edited by kelleyb; 11-12-2012 at 07:33 PM.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I had pizza tonight actually. My own version...half of a pita bread split apart, topped with 2T greek yogurt mixed with 1T salsa, 3 oz grilled chicken, 1/4 c grilled zucchini, 2 large chopped grape tomatoes, topped with 1 OZ of pepper jack cheese. In a 350 oven for 10 minutes. It was wonderful!
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #19  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well are you craving the cheese? Bread? Textural experience? Think about it and figure out if this is food based or experiential.

If you're craving the experience, I'd go to a pizza joint, buy a diet coke and a Greek salad, and enjoy the atmosphere. If I want the gooey and the crisp, one my plan I'd nuke up some pepperoni and eat that on top of fresh mozarella slices with some salt and Italian herbs (you have no idea how delicious this is, truly!). If it is the smell/flavor/texture altogether, like you want the entire food and not just a component of it, that might be the time to make your own or buy a substitute.

But when you break things down, it often turns out the 'craving' is brain-based, not food based. We want the experience, or attach strong memories to it. There is a mouthfeel or an atmosphere we're seeking. Sometimes it's just 'knowing' you are calorie limited that makes an overage sound appealing, and nothing really to do with the food, itself. Be aware of these things and mull them over, it will help you make a much more informed response to your craving than just rote answering the call, with no further thought.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 11-12-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote