The coat that won't fit

• thanks for all the replies about my medication. I do appreciate it. I was really feeling frustrated.

So last Christmas dh gave me this beautiful sheepskin coat. It didn't fit. So after a humiliating experience exchanging the coat, (the store actually did not have a larger size), and you could clearly see she did not believe it would ever fit, and the owner's daughter even threw in a "Do you like Doctor Oz, comment". grrrrr. So to make a long story short I kept the coat. I think it will fit. I think another 10 pounds maybe, The thing of it is I don't think I look that bad, sheesh. People can be such idiots, with their comments. That avatar was on my recent 49th birthday.
  • Sounds like to me a case of you're gorgeous, she was jealous, and saw a opportunity to try to make you feel bad about yourself.
  • Keep the coat and use it for inspitation/goal to lose weight. Someday it will fit.
  • rosemarie you look lovely in your photo. If someone wants you to feel bad that's their problem not yours. I am sorry to appear dim but who gave you the coat in the first place??
  • 2 Christmases ago, my mother bought me an adorable coat that didn't fit (I had already lost most of my weight and was fitting into average 12/14s, but it was a designer that runs small). And she was so sure it would fit that she spent a fortune at a store that doesn't do refunds.

I just pulled it out for this winter, and I'm going to have to get it taken in. Just stick with it and when it fits (and gets too big!), you'll feel amazing every day when you leave the house.
  • I do not have a single coat that fits. I have a collection of coats with broken zippers (From when I could zip but then I'd bend over and they'd split) that I just casually wear and pretend I'm not cold enough to zip it. HAHA. The first thing I'm doing when I hit my goal weight is buying myself an adorable winter jacket.

Anyways you should keep the coat. It WILL fit and it will be the most amazing feeling in the world when you button or zip that baby up and strut around in it. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
  • By the way you're gorgeous! Don't let those *****y people who think they are all that ruin your day.
  • I agree with the others. Ignore the negative people in the world (they're always going to be there), and use it for inspiration. You can do it! =-)
  • Awww, thanks for all the compliments, Really, I was just feeling frustrated. Its been a year, and II just haven't been able to get the weight off.

My husband gave me the coat. Its actually an XL., but its a small XL. Its kind of like a wedding dress. I remember trying on size 18 wedding dresses, and they didn't fit. I actually got married in a red strapless dress that was an 11.Go figure. I think I was around 168. It is my second marriage, so red was ok. So I guess there is some hope that it eventually will fit, its not like its an xsmall.

My husband went to lose it, (if you've ever heard of that, I actually like my daily plate much better), he lost 18 pounds like it was nothing, arrrghhhhhh.

Jolly, I am going to keep the coat. I'm a big fan of not wearing sweats and not running out to buy bigger clothes. Not to say I'm going to run around in size 5's, but you get the picture.