Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #91  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Default Good morning

Good morning everyone,

I guess I am still in my soul searching for what to do regarding the emotional eating and weight loss. I just don't know that dieting is for me at this moment because it doesn't solve the underlying issues of emotional issues. To me it seems like a band-aid to what the emotional issues are and a quick fix, for me but I think it can work great for a lot of people. I've contacted some nutritionists to see about food plans and nutrition counseling but I am not sure if that is for me either because I don't want to feel too restricted.

Well, that's where I am at.

Diana, as far as what worksheets help me the most, I haven't used a lot of worksheets but there is a good workbook to accompany the 12 Steps of OA which I have used and like.

Take care,

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Seabiscuit: Have you thought of seeing a therapist? Maybe someone with outside "eyes" can give you a new perspective on the matter.

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 11-06-2012 at 07:02 AM.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #93  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

IsabellaOlivia,

I do see a therapist every other week. I will ask her what she thinks when I see her this Thursday, thanks.

Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Well, no wonder I have been struggling with the scale. My thyroid meds still are not in sync with my body's needs. I will keep doing the best I can to maintain/lose weight. Hopefully things will regulate soon.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 153
No Change

Mamakat I hope you are not catching a cold now. Hopefully it's just the allergies. Sending you positive vibes for the day.

Novangel I love the true meaning behind the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I don't like how everything is so commercialized. I heard my first Christmas songs on the radio this past weekend. They start playing Christmas music very early here. I think one of the stations will go all Christmas this coming weekend.

Seabiscuit I understand what you are saying about the emotional eating, weight loss, dieting. Maybe look at them as 2 separate issues. The diet/lifestyle change can be in a category in itself, separate from the emotional stuff. I know it all goes together, but for now, play along. The bottom line about one's weight is energy in vs. energy out. If the energy in (calories in my case, points in your case) is too high and the energy out (amount of calories we burn through the day) is too low, we gain weight. I think if you can find a way to keep them separate in your your mind you can make it work for you. You don't know how many times I have wanted to eat more. But I didn't because I looked at it that way and/or eating more won't solve anything. I literally have to talk to myself about these things at times. Last year I had a little more freedom with my eating than I have had this year. This year I am sticking to my plan like glue but the weight has been a struggle. It would be so easy to go and eat things that are off my plan, but I know it would make things even worse for me. I know I don't want that. I have really had to keep thing separate in my head to semi make it work for me. I don't know if this will be of any help for you. Maybe just another thing to think about.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

WI lost 3.4 lbs.

Good Morning.

Had a turkey sub for dinner and stayed on plan.

Going to make chili today. Hope to stay in today and get laundry and other housekeeping done.

Seabiscuit I hear you on the emotional eating. I do follow a WW plan. I also see a therapist and go to therapy group. It is changing my life. I hope to let go of WW and be able to become an adult in my relationship with food. But it takes time. By adult I mean do my inner work, eat healthy food until satisfied etc. People without food addictions do not need to count calories. I am a work in progress. You may find this book helpful as I do.

Emotional overeating: Know the triggers, heal your mind and never diet again. By DR. Marcia Sirota. Amazon has it.
http://http://www.amazon.ca/gp/produ...d_i=0557181046

Have a good everyone. I will do more personals later.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #96  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Pluckypear nice job on the loss! way to go, keep it up.

Diana I think it's a head cold...sore throat, sinuses are killing me and I have an ear ache, but that could be allergies too we'll see.

Seabiscuit many of us deal with emotional eating...what sucks when we binge to stuff down the emotions, we feel guilt when we're done. It never ends...we are full of emotions. Instead of stuffing, my therapist is trying to get me to feel them...crying is therapeutic, but I like screaming more I love to crank the tunes and sing while driving and occassionally scream the f-word at the people who made me emotional in the first place...luckily, for them, they're already dead otherwise they'd be getting an earful Good luck.

I am sore as heck right now. Each cage weighs about 15 pounds with all the yuck inside...rats included. I couldn't trust that the bottoms wouldn't fall out so I grabbed them from the bottom and squatted to get them on the floor. Then I sqatted to get the long tail brats out of the nasty cages into a carrier...I did this 3x. Then I cleaned them, leaning and squatting and scrubbing with both hands Then I lifted them from the tops over my head to get them back on their table...so I had a workout to be sure...my thighs and back are killing me, but in a good way. I dropped 2lbs of water since yesterday, so I think after therapy I'm going to keep on the workout trend and do my Wii workout...gotta get the boy to give me back my Wii, he's a thief But I gotta get some pain pills for this headache first!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Mamakat my therapist says similar stuff and I am working on feeling emotions too. Not always easy. Wow you have been working hard. I thought scooping two kitty
Otters a day was srenous. Lol Feel better.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #98  

Welcome time4me! Radiojane I like your keeping Carbs low even if over by calories plan. I think that makes a lot of difference. Welcome back Serenity! I missed you Diana, sorry about the numbers. Yes, other people causing stress can certainly affect our health and sanity! Last time I was carried away with checking in that I forgot to post my diet/exercise Misti, love the new avatar! Seabiscuit, changing eating/emotional eating is really really hard because that is the relationship we develop with our food. But as Isabella Olivia said talking to your therapist will help. Keep us posted. Eating within a calorie limit is my main challenge. I don’t eat 4000 calories when I watch my diet but even then I go easily upto 1900-2000 even when I am keeping track. The worst time is just when I get home, I pack on close to 500 calories via snacks (healthy snacks-nuts,etc but a calorie is a calorie) undoing my whole day.
However for the past couple of weeks my loseit app has helped me at least keep track. My deal is I can eat whatever I want as long as I log it in. This helps me feel like I can eat whatever I want. When I do log it in I see where I am at and when I go near my allowance limit I automatically cut back. Sometimes like yesterday it so happens that I switched my dinner for 4 fun size snickers- not a wise choice but right now nutrition is not my main concern, staying within calorie limit is. I ate healthy for the rest of the day- protein shakes in the a.m, I cup of rice, chips, carrots and one egg for lunch, yogurt and candy for dinner. I am not sure how long I can do this but the weight is coming a little bit down. 158.4 this morning!! I am sure it will go up and then come back down.
I also did 3.25 miles on treadmill on an incline – calories scorched 500

Last edited by Rasagolla; 11-06-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

RoadBikerChick you know it will happen, probably just water weight anyway.

Diana I hope things get better lab wise and with your mom's friend. Stress sucks...I know it's inevitable though. I feel you probably have better coping mechanisms as you are still maintaining if not losing as far as scale weight anyway. Yep just a plain Jane washer that will work Thanks about my sister. Her birthday was yesterday and my daughter's is today. Weird time of year. No cake until Friday though for the sleepover as we really don't eat as much sweets as you'd think and 2 cakes in one week is too much.

MamaKat ugh I can't imagine without heat as well. I am sorry about the head cold

Ugh NovaAngel I hear you. They were very, very stressful for me for many years. I've learned to set limits for me and while I may be a Scrooge, I'm a happier one They should be about love and spending time with family, but it's morphed in my family to "who spends more time with who" and/or "who gets the best reaction to whatever gift"...but this is mostly (if not entirely) my MOM who is out of my life as of June.

Wow Misti! I love the Avatar! I love your hair and smile

Amy do talk to your therapist. The ONE thing I have to say I like about that book I'm following "The Simple Diet by Dr. James Anderson" is it makes food a NO BRAINER. When food for me isn't about decisions, it frees me up to fix other things. I do NOT think it's the healthiest diet because obviously we're using frozen meals, but for ME it's helped because I don't have to think or eat with my emotions--it's this or nothing PERIOD. Anyway I hope that helps a bit. The other suggestion I have is just don't focus on WEIGHT LOSS but do focus on DIET, meaning choosing HEALTHIER options. So many people get caught up in "well I need organic lettuce and it must be romaine" or whatever so if they can't do that--they just say screw it and eat fried okra or something. There is good (say iceburg), better (say romaine) and best (say organic romaine) sometimes GOOD is all we can manage and do. Sometimes you want that burger, fries and a coke...but say you get a small fries, regular hamburger, and a diet Coke, no it's not PERFECT, but it's a better choice than last time. Just some thoughts and I mean them in a nice way. I also TOTALLY echo what MamaKat said FEEL THE EMOTIONS. Cry. Get angry. We have them for a reason and in my opinion suppressing them is part of the reason we get into trouble weight wise and emotional wise. It's okay to be angry, sad, upset, blah or whatever--it's not okay to treat people badly (i.e., my daughter's excuse is "it's my period that's why I called him whatever name") but you know the drill.

YUM PLUCKYPEAR! Chili sounds great to me now. Tonight my daughter's birthday dinner is McDonald's...so I'm getting a McDouble (sans cheese) and maybe a small fries. I have drinks at home and the kids are finally good about that (i.e., not having soda), but if it wasn't her birthday--I think I'd throw some chili on!

I HAVE to get back in the swing of tracking. Stupid me started yesterday, and stopped..same this morning. I ate ON PLAN though, but I'm like rebelling or something. Who knows. I did some 80 minutes of yoga yesterday, today did 25 minutes of swings with the kettlebell and some DVD I got about a year ago. I bought this series from Jill Miller called yoga tune up. I like it because she goes into depth, but it can be boring and there is no flow. I really want to go farther in my practice physically too so I figure on days I use kettlebells I'll try to do one of her monthly DVDs, ideally you do one a month but I'm doing one a week unless I think I need more time with it.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #100  

Serenity, Happy birthday to your daughter! Have lots of fun
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #101  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Default Thanks everyone ;)

Hi,

I appreciate all the support and encouragement. I am not sure what I am going to do at this point. Today I spoke with a very nice dietitian on the phone and she recommended a program called TOPS. I have heard of them and am thinking of trying them. There is a TOPS meeting in my area, so perhaps I will go sometime.

Thanks,

Amy
Old 11-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Rasagolla

Amy EVERYONE offline I know that has done TOPS has done GREAT. I would check it out for sure, in fact I was going to here too, that reminds me

Well sidelined. I have not felt great for the week right? I also kept thinking (I have had GU problems since a kid due to weird anatomy, I have extra lobes to my kidneys and extra ureters, they died, removed and anyway long story short I've always had to watch that stuff). So anyway I felt "off" and my husband kept pressing me to go to the doctor. I finally just decided fine because if it happens tomorrow and I am worse--I'll miss my washing machine delivery (so how sick am I?) ANYWAY turns out I had a fever even with Tylenol and ibuprofen and a UTI. UGH!!! Anyway I got the meds, took them on an empty stomach, not the best idea, and now have a raging headache (although it's probably psychosomatic). I'm whining I know and I'm sorry but UGH!!!

ETA: Sidelined as far as work outs, depending on energy I might not this week. I can still eat right!

Last edited by SerenityDiva; 11-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #103  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Pluckypear Great job on the 3.4 pounds!

Mamakat Sounds like you got a lot of work done! Are the roads clear enough for you to get to New Haven?

Rasagolla Great job on the incline and killing the 500 calories!

Serenity Tell your DD Happy Birthday from us. I hope you like the washer better. What are you doing with the other one? Good job on your workouts. I heard about the Jill Miller workouts. I'm glad you went to the Dr. At least you've got a diagnoses as to why you are not feeling well. Hopefully you will be good as new, soon.

Seabiscuit Good job on continuing to work on things and trying to find answers.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Diana: Thyriod problems are tough.

Pluckypear: Chili is my favourite food.

Mamakat: Wii is wiii. Sorry, that was geeky said of me.

Rasagolla: Wiii on the workout.

Serenity: UTI are freaking impossible to get rid of. I have a friend who keeps getting it over and over again.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #105  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories