Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:00 AM   #31  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

We are still without power. No hope for it til Monday...maybe we'll get lucky. My neighbor informed us next week we'll be hit by a Noreaster(?).bbman this is rough. We got thru another cold night and all pets are present and accounted for, we upped Jaw's ccandle count he likes the flames

Thans for all the well wishes, prayers and good vibes...its very much appreciated.

Isabella. Dh goes out for breakfast and coffee for th 4 of us. Lunch the kids eat what the can grab pb sandwiches or whatever. Dh and I skip lunch and snack on nuts if our tummies growl too loud. He grills dinner. Last night we ate outside next to our decks pitfire. The food was cold before it reached our mouths. But by dinner time I'm not complaining. Food is food riht now.

My neighbor called me skinny minny last night twice!

Have a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 270/248.5/185

Height: 5'10"

I would like to join in. I have put myself on a small challenge and for two weeks im not allowed to have any sweets or eat out. Im only on day 3 and its trying to kick my butt. Im hanging in there though and I know I can do this.

mamakat- Glad your doing ok down there. I wish you the best of luck! Still praying for everyone on the east coast.
AmandaJWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #33  

Reposting: I posted this yesterday incorrectly in the Oct thread. Diana, thank you for catching it!
Hello!

Mamakat sending good thoughts and vibes your way. Hope things get restored to normal soon, your friends and family are doing okay and there is minimal damage to your home. Thank you for checking in despite everything! Welcome cdc13 , wonder and welcome back roadbikerchick! Good job on the exercise Novangel! Isabella may be she was trying to overcome her own non-exercising guilt without realizing the implications. Diana your birthday celebrations sound like a lot of fun. For me it is good to see how you are evening things out when you plan off days. Missing you Serenity! Hope you feel better soon. I think I am coming down with something too.
From my side the treadmill incline and running for a few minutes on incline and walking the rest of the way is killing me but I seem to have hit a downward trend! Scale showed 159.2 I am at my first mini-goal but I know it will probably hit back 160+ over the weekend. I am celebrating today by changing my ticker Once I get down to 157 or so (and know that a 2 pound gain will still put me at my first mini-goal) I will put some dancing carrots next to it. I am taking an off day for exercise tomorrow because my legs feel like lead and looks like I am coming down with something.
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #34  

Welcome Amanda! Mamakat, this sounds tough. Hang in there! More good vibes your way! Nice to be called Skinny though
Rasagolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #35  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
But some of the medical sites say the max as it was said earlier is too high. Perhaps people need to "freak out" if they are letting their heart rates get that high... or at least talk to their doctors instead of freaking out.

There are also other factors besides age which need to be considered. Again, my suggestion is for people to talk to their doctors rather than relying on a "one size fits all" formula.
I know you shouldn't go above your max. My max is 182 so 168-171bpm isn't too high for me. Target is where you need to be to burn fat effectively. I did ask a professional. Everyone else should do the same, I was asked if mine was too high or not and I was only speaking for myself.

Last edited by novangel; 11-02-2012 at 01:47 PM.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Mamakat: Stay in there. It sounds like a horrible situation.

Novangel: I think 170 bmp is a fine speed. I jog at the same speed.

Rasagolla: You're right. I think I might take things too personally sometimes. It was probably about her own issues with lack of exercising than me being a random stranger in workout clothes.

Diana: Good job on the nutrition.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #37  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening, everyone.

MamaKat: I'm sending prayers and good wishes to you, your family, and pets. With luck, the crews will be able to get power back on for folks sooner rather than later.

Had my cardio/core workout class tonight. It went okay. Have a recumbent bike at home so am not use to sitting on the saddle of an upright bike anymore. It was pretty uncomfortable but I was able to do the majority of the workout. I had to get off once to stretch a bit but other than that, I managed to do the full workout.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #38  
Warrior Princess

I went out for a jog but only made it 32 minutes because it was getting too cold and dark. I burned approx 500 cals...I'll take it. I must say I love my FILA leggings. Very high quality.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Diana I did go for a massage today and my massage therapist really worked on my shoulder and neck, it feels so much better. Thanks for asking.

I used some weekly points today, about half. I really did not need to. I went to aqua fitness three times this week. I am going to the orgnaic Farmer's market tomorrow to stock up on healthy food. I plan on making an oven roasted chicken with lemon tomorrow. I will roast potatos and carrots too. I have not had potatos in ages, I miss them.

Mamakat Good to hear you are getting along. I can only imagine how much work you must be putting in. Stay warm and safe.

Have a good weekend everyone.
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #40  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Seabiscuit It's good to see you. I hope you heal from the bronchitis and get to feeling better soon.

Misti Good job on the 6 pounds in October. It may seem like a disappointment that you are not losing quicker, but you are building a solid foundation about how to live your new lifestyle. Hopefully this lifestyle will be second nature to you and you can easily transition into maintenance when it's time.

Mamakat Hey there, Skinny Minnie! I like that for you! I'm glad you, the family and the pets are hanging in there. Still keeping you in my thoughts.

Amanda Hi and Welcome to the check-in!

Serentiy I hope you are starting to feel better.

Rasagolla Congrats on hitting your first mini goal!

Isabella Are you pet sitting for the weekend?

Worththeeeffort Good job on the bike workout!

Novangel Way to go on burning those 500 calories!

Pluckypear I'm glad the massage therapist helped and you are feeling better. The roasted chicken and veggies sounds delish!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #41  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1375 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (280 Calories)
Ricotta Cheese 210 Calories
Peaches w/cinnamon/spices 70 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Chicken salad wrap w/extra chicken 500 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
Susan Chung's Rapidfire Results (Cardio Explosion Premix w/weighted gloves)
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 237.2/197.6/137.2

Height: 5'3"

Default Nov2

Seabiscuit - welcome back glad you were able to make it through the storm okay sorry you're not feeling well I hope you feel better soon!

MamaKat - sorry you're still without power that stinks that you have to wait until Monday I can't imagine what everyone must be going through out there on the East Coast.

Amanda - three days in, good job and only gets better from here were here for you glad you could join us.

Rasa - congratulations on making your mini goal. that is great I can't wait until I get to that level. you're doing a good job.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow DH comes home from Japan. it has been a really hard week not having him here.

I had some bad news at work today. a couple of weeks ago we found out that our jobs are being eliminated due to restructuring so we were able to interview for two other positions that were open in the company and I did not to get one of those positions. I am still waiting to hear about the other position but the one I didn't get was the one I really wanted so I'm kind of bummed about that. Now I just have to hope that I get to the other job so that I'm not without a job altogether.

Daily Stats:
Weight 198
Calories 980
Step Count 11786

~Carol

[/QUOTE]
cdcn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #43  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I know you shouldn't go above your max. My max is 182 so 168-171bpm isn't too high for me. Target is where you need to be to burn fat effectively. I did ask a professional. Everyone else should do the same, I was asked if mine was too high or not and I was only speaking for myself.
And I was not meaning to insult or question you. Sorry if it came across that way.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! Happy Weekend to all!

It looks like things are going to move slow for me since it's TTOM. Also, I'm sure the food had more calories than I could even imagine. Another thing, is that it has only been a few days. Patience, patience, patience!

Calories for yesterday: 1375 +
Weigh In: 151.6 (TTOM)
Down: .2

cdcn13 You are doing such a great job getting all of your steps in. Yous calories seems a little low, though. Enjoy the weekend with your DH! Sorry about the job situation. I hope something comes through for you.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #45  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone

I'm the only one awake as we got home from the concert at 2.30. Dh reported friends had electricity so he was angry when we got home. Funny beach gets hit the hardest and we need electricty to pump water out and we're always last to get back on. I wasn't disappointed bc they did say Monday...besides I was a buzz. My DD crowd surfed! I ended up closer to the bar I was chatting up this girl all night who texted before and after my daught's favorite band...I thought she stopped bc she wanted to watch. Turns out she the lead singers cousin and they were texting back and forth. It was her first night in the crowd she's usually in a safer place...she's touring with them and tried really hard to introduce us but her cousin has the flu and was out of it. But she swapped numbers with my DD and texted all night. How cool is that? That was me being friendly what are the odds I chat up a person whose touring with the band?

That was my night. Now to go enjoy luke warm tea.

Have a wonderful and healthy day
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote