Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 07:25 AM   #31  
deleted2

Kaylets, Why must working with people be so difficult? If you could get to the bottom of it all, I'm sure you'd discover that it has nothing at all to do with you, just a chain of people locked in a childish power struggle.

Regarding ?---I'm sure I couldn't tell the difference in soft drinks, blindfolded or not! Not really into them, I'm happy to say.

Have I mentioned that I've had a raging case of poison ivy this past week. I'm sure I got it from the new puppy. Would you believe someone told me to scrub it with Cascade dishwasher soap and the phosphates will remove the urushiol oil from the skin and dry up the rash? It works!!!

Old 04-25-2003, 09:12 AM   #32  

The things I learn here! Eydie, I'll put that Cascade/poison ivy tip in the file for when/if I ever need it. amazing.

Arabella, are you in the end of month crunch already? Hope you're feeling up to par and all's well.

Wilfire, how's dd doing? Is she your only?

Empress, I'm guessing you're up against your usual busy weekend.

Nice here right now but to rain later today so I must hustle to enjoy the brightness. Good day, Victoriettes.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #33  
Momma Frog

Good Morning all!! Happy Happy Friday, Happy Happy Friday.

I'm in a jovial mood today even with my big fat list that has to be done before the wedding. I guess I'm back to being excited.

Weighed in this morning, up 1 lb (but I have TOM starting yesterday) So not bad. I have been quite the cookie connoisseur lately though. I like all kinds
I have also been quite the cheese puff eater as well. I'd rather have a handful of cheese puffs than anything in the world this last week. I think it's the salt. I was reading that if you want salt you should try eating pickle spears instead of chips. I may try that. Not many calories, getting in the veggie servings and they are crunchy. Wonder if they have reduced sodium versions?

I'm going on a lunch cruise today. The powers that be that are running our project here are treating us to a lunch cruise. Good news, free yummy food ( I picked the vegetable lasagna and spinach salad off the menu) Bad news, have to drive all the way up there (about a hour or so ride from the office, which means about 2 hours or so home this evening) YUCK!

Anyway enough about food.

I'm so bad keeping you all in wait to see my pictures. I promise that I will get some up this weekend (among everything else I have to do!)

Ta-ta Royals!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:11 AM   #34  
Is it Friday yet?

Happy Friday!

It's supposed to rain all weekend but right now we've got blue skies! Mom and I are starting the weekend with a horse expo this evening - but first I want to stop by her best friend's son's house. He and his wife adopted one of those abused/neglected horses in March and Wednesday morning she gave birth to a filly! Gotta go see the baby!

Nice start to the morning too - My guy called... He's got a new job and was calling to say "happy Friday" (yea, I've corrupted him too). He said he was going to call me later today when he needed a voice of sanity (new job's stressing him out) and I had to tell him it would be more accurate to call me the voice of insanity... muahahahaha!

MissWashu - I'm glad you discovered the source of your pain and are feeling better!

Eydie - I'm with ya! Howz about Saturday morning? I'll promise to do at least 30 minutes of yoga.
Thanks for the poison ivy tip too - I've never had it, matter of fact I don't even think we have it out here - but you never know what you may run into someday!

Kaylets - I agree with Amarantha - it's c-rap. I also know exactly what you mean when you say you've made a decision and just need to figure out when to use it. Yup, been there.... good luck and hope all goes well on your Friday.

Wildfire - LOL, you comment about bathroom breaks made me giggle. My clients joke with me that I must never leave my desk because I *always* answer the phone (they get pissy if they get voicemail they're so spoiled). My response to them is that my boss bought me a port-a-pot and I no longer need to leave my desk... I also use this response to those that get mad when they've had to leave a message - "well, gee, if I had a port-a-pot I could've answered your phone call immediately". Usually shuts them up. And yes, I feel lucky having a job that allows me to do crafty things to kill time! Thankfully I've had "normal" jobs and know how lucky I am!

Frogger - Ooooh, a lunch cruise??? I've been on a few when I worked in San Francisco. They're so much fun! Enjoy!

Q o' the day.... yes, I think I could tell. Except with 7-Up or Sprite, I don't think I could tell them apart.

I should skeedaddle...
Terri
( o' Friday - and it IS Friday! )
Old 04-26-2003, 06:53 AM   #35  

Hello all!

Wonder if the new bride is still dancing the night away?? Congrats Flower!!

So.... decided I had to go to the boss re the trainer/CSR issue and the boss told me-- he had been to a second meeting and heard even more great things about me so if one CSR on one day had a problem w/ me, he was going to take it with a grain of salt. AND that since I was doing what the trainer told me to do anyway, he was fine with the whole situation. SO.........
Sounds good right????.......Except I knew from the very start, that anyone else would have done what the CSR expected in the first place-- Sent the document to our NY office and let the correction be made there...........so, who said, Wildfire, Ceara.....yes, its basically nothing but a power struggle ......
I am just "innocent bystander" .

Thought of the day :

THE (WO)MAN WHO THINKS (S)HE CAN:

If you think you are beaten, you are.

If you think you dare not, you don’t.

If you’d like to win, but you think you can’t it is almost certain you won’t.

If you think you’ll lose, you’ve lost.

For out in the world you’ll find ‘success’ begins with a fellow’s will. It ‘s all in the state of mind.

If you think you are outclassed, you are. You’ve got to think high to rise.

You’ve got to be sure of yourself before you can ever win a prize.

Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man, but soon or late the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

NOTE: A copy of this inspirational poem hangs on the wall in Arnold Palmer’s office. Arnie has made it a practice to read the poem at the start of each day. It serves him as a source of inspiration, courage and motivation that enables him to attack whatever problems and challenges that day might bring. It works for Arnie. It will work for you. Try it!
Arnold Palmer - champion professional golfer

=============================================

Question of the day : Should we ask elderly relatives for "family favorite" recipes? -- Table Topics
==========================================

Enjoy--

Empress- You always say the nicest things! I promise I'll come and take a look at your other thread- sometime soon-- just been a little distracted lately...... ( you think??)

Anagram-Its more than a week now isnt it w/o the dialysis?? Isnt that the best??

Punkin--I thought your friend was getting a job w/ your company?
What did I miss?

Arabella- Month end again with the new job too??

WSW- how goes it your way?

MissW - and your way too?

Wildfire- A Royal coach driveby- I saw that-- very clever-- except guess what the royal livery left behind?? Just kidding, the royal shovels came by too......

Ceara-- Tell all, you've been too quiet -- We want DETAILS!!

LURKERS??? this is a perfect time to chime in... we're wondering how you're doing too--

In fact, has anyone seen in the Veggie Burger section of their stores, a new Boca product??? Boca Ravioli?? Single serving package?? Hearing good things about it-- 5 pts for the package...

Ok, I have get moving- My Toastmasters club is hosting a regional contest and my jeans need to get into the dryer. It would be so much nicer to show up w/ dry jeans!!

By the way--

Did I ever tell you that you're all my favorite??

Old 04-26-2003, 07:12 AM   #36  

Smile OOOPPPPs

Eydie and Frogger-- How did I not mention thy highnesses?

Oooppssss!!
Old 04-26-2003, 07:55 AM   #37  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Good conclusion you came to, Kaylets ... that it's about them, not you!

My weight story is below ... starting BFL today ... signed up for the contest and everything as I'm kind of gung ho about it and I'm going to go ahead and put a thread up here for now ... up extremely early as I have photoshoot on top of a dang mountain at 8 a.m. (what ARE these people thinking?)!

Later ...
Old 04-26-2003, 09:35 AM   #38  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Thumbs down Sizzlin' Saturday!

Mornin' All!!

Lost the the last...will post short....

Bought some pansies in a huge flat yesterday at Costco, and I want to plant them this am. but am feeling lazy Am on coffee #3, have got the dogs out, but I need to get some clothes on, have some oatmeal and go do something!

QOD...yes you should ask for family favs...my grandmother hates to cook but I hit up my mother for hers and even my MIL!!!

Speaking of recipes...anyone have some good ones for tofu? Also does it freeze?

Love the poem K. Think I will copy format and print it...later.

Empress A...your quest sounds great, but you are making me tired. I aspire to be like you....tomorrow! Keep up the good work! Hope the 8 a.m. photo shoot was worth it!

May wander by later

Ceara
Old 04-26-2003, 09:59 AM   #39  

Morning, all. Off to a slow start here today. DS called to say they'll be up in two weeks instead of today. DD sort of planning to come next weekend. May is starting to look busy as usual. PLUS, if dh tests ok Monday (and yes, Kaylets, it's been great), he will have his port removed Tuesday and I hope we can go away just for an overnight somewhere. No idea where but will have to block out some time now or it will be overrun. My ds/dbil will be here one day, dh's db/sil another. Mother's day in there too and have not been up to do the Queen Mother's paperwork in months. Sibs will handle other stuff but, other than writing current checks, that goes into a carryall for me. I don't really mind when I keep it sort of current but it's not there now.

Raining this morning and apparently for the day. Lots of little "dumb stuff" to work on. Still sorting out closets, etc. and today is the second day of our neighborhood garage sale. Might have been a good time to put some things out.

This would have been the last day of the Springettes challenge and I'd have come up one pound short of my goal, which had also been my goal for the St. Patrick's day challenge. Total lost since Valentine's Day - 4 pounds. Would have liked it to be better but down is still down - that averages a little under a half pound a week. Slow and steady ---- ok as long as it doesn't stop altogether as it did for a while.

Walk, yard work probably in jeopardy for the day. Must put the brain in gear and get this all sorted out. More tea first. Best idea I've had so far.

Last edited by anagram; 04-26-2003 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:54 PM   #40  
wsw

hi everyone! have been thinking about you! my back has not been cooperating and have had trouble trying to sit at the computer for a while. i have just been catching up with your posts. i am feeling better today, and wanted to say hello. kaylets, i liked the motivational quote. my physical therapist has that one up on his wall, and it helps me continue with my reps even when i am tired and want to stop. my food has gotten kind of sloppy the past few days, and need to pull in the reins on that. because of my back, hadn't been able to do too much of my exercising, but think i'm ready to resume my regular routine now, and pleased about that. nice catching up on your posts. hope you have a good remainder of your weekend, your royal highnesses. take care, all! wsw
Old 04-27-2003, 07:20 AM   #41  

Hello all,,

Toastmasters contest went well yesterday morning-- the contestant from our club won but unfortunately, cannot compete at the next level becuase of a speaking engagement elsewhere. He has a very inspiring personal story and has a very relaxed presentation so its really no suprise that he's being offered speaking engagements. He has been working with Church groups and at risk youth so I can see where his message would very appealing to these same groups as his story is about overcoming a troubled childhood.

Interesting how he is using his earlier experiences to his advantage now.

Took a long time to find a thought to "fit" my perspective this am--
Not sure if I just need recharging or..........
Thought of the day:

" The most powerful agent of growth and transformation is something much more basic than any technique: a change of heart.
--- John Wellwood
==============================================

Question of the day:

"What part of your day do you enjoy the most?"
--- Table Topics

==============================================

Sun is out, rain has passed-
Good chance to get a few things in a row done to get the momentum going-- Let me start w/ a quick stroll thru the Big W store, lifting water bottles ---

I'll be back in a little while!
Old 04-27-2003, 08:04 AM   #42  
deleted2

Good morning!

Just have time for a quick hello--I need to get my day started or I'll just lie around like a slug all day.

Anagram, good luck Tuesday! Have you solidified your plans for an overnighter?

Where's our Arabella?

Chaperoned [a first!] a 13-year-old's birthday party last night and had a piece of cake that was beyond sweet, and variuos other junky nibbles, so I have to have a lower calorie day today, and a good workout. BTW, teenagers are so bizarre!!!

Punkin [and other yoga challengers], I did a 45 min. video yesterday. I realized that when I do yoga lately I do it pretty mindlessly, just going thru the motions. It really helped to use the video to challenge myself and get all I could out of the stretches. I was actually tired afterwards!

Old 04-27-2003, 09:51 AM   #43  

Good morning, all. Beautiful here this a.m. as well. No plans, I think I'll just hang around and do whatever hits me (or not). Feels like that kind of day.

Got in five walks and one pool workout this week. Lots of water, fewer calories (though I had a few jelly beans last night). I think I'm going to take today off. I'll probably still do a walk, some yardwork, etc. And probably won't go overboard on food. I just don't want to think about it today. Just want to concentrate on all the good things in my life and really enjoy them.

Best part of my day: Right now. Our normal (if there is such a thing) day starts out with dh making breakfast which we enjoy on trays while watching tv and reading the paper. If we can, this can go on for hours - it has this morning -then when my morning stiffness wanes, I start to get it going. Physically my best time is then from midmorning to early afternoon and I usually try to get a lot done in that time. But I enjoy most the time we sit quietly together in the morning. That will only get better because as soon as it warms a bit more we'll do that sitting with breakfast and paper on the patio. It's one of my favorite places in the world and one I use when I need a "getaway" for my relaxation therapies (in the winter - in nice weather I just go out there for relaxation). I also use beach, mountains, etc. but sometimes "best" is the patio (and a park bench we enjoyed once in Rome).

But I guess for today it is time to get out of the robe and at least pretend I'm up and ready for the day.

No plans solidified yet, Eydie. Too afraid of counting my chickens.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:57 AM   #44  

wsw, sorry, had somehow missed your post. Hope you continue to feel better. Love it when you have a chance to check in.

Ceara, I'm like you in that I'm out of energy just reading of our Empress workouts. And her long drives to the mountains. An 8:00 photoshoot after a long drive might be enough to make me go totally op for days. But I think I must make more of an effort to enjoy nature in the early hours a bit. Always inspirational.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:28 AM   #45  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I can't get to the long reply screen to read all the posts ... but please be so good as to consider all the s replied to from the royal Amarantha!!!

I've been deleting threads and posts (when I should be working as am way behind in writing) ... am determined to have a BFL thread but the topic seems controversial in certain quarters (including offline). As I said on the thread I put up this morning, I've basically told naysayers to bite me and have been practicing the program (with modifications) to start Monday. I'm officially entering the contest (though lots of people just like doing the program and aren't interested in entering) ... this may seem silly to some people but I'm finding it fun and motivating!

Made it to gym yesterday for my 27th day after hiking up to my photoshoot ... everyone there had a cra**y attitude and I'm sick of all that negativity ... will be modifying gym workout to follow BFL more or less to the letter re exercise for this first challenge just to see if it helps. Weight is back where I started, but that's to the good for the contest (more to transform!!!).

Anagram: Thy patio soundeth lovely and tranquil ... mine has no roof over it so is only usable for short periods (since I live in Arizona, 'nuff said! ) Have a wonderful Sunday concentrating on the good things!!

Again, to all:
Closed Thread