Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #136  
deleted2

wsw, Glad you're staying OP. Thanks for checking in with us!

Wildfire, I like the insulated layered baking sheets. I really recommend buying those teflon sheets; NOTHING sticks to them and you can use them forever. They're not metal baking sheets but a thin flexible sheet of teflon that you can use on any baking sheet. You can even cut them to fit baking pans. You can use them hundreds of times!

Kaylets, what a story! Yes, I would've pulled over and told you.
I saw that happen once to a lady in a wraparound skirt and she wasn't wearing anything underneath. See, there's always someone worse off than you!

Yikes! Look at the time. I have a date with Dr. Phil---and the treadmill.

Old 05-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #137  
Hot Stuff

Yippeeeeee Anagram!!! cb: (one for each 10 lbs lost)
Way to go! I realized I didn't post my goal for this challenge either, but I was hoping to be back at 175 by the 19th. I'm wavering between 177 and 178. Still posssible! Tell me about these nightlight covers....sounds interesting.

Kaylets... Now that's embarassing! At least now I know it really does happen in real life and I'm not being ridiculously paranoid checking for such things before I leave a public washroom....or even the toilet paper stuck to the foot thing....yep, check for that, too. I would have pulled you aside and told you, too.

Punkin, I understand. The chance might be slim, but there's still a chance. However, if you ever feel the urge to share, feel free!

Eydie, thanks for the recommendation. My pans are insulated, but it's the non-stick finish I'm having a problem with. Maybe I should hunt down those teflon sheets and buy new pans that aren't non-stick.

wsw, hope you manage to keep cool in the heat. Funny, isn't it...we complain about the colder weather and when it finally warms up we forget all about it! I like the Spring and Fall best....just in the middle of the temperature range.

Tomorrow is Friday!!!!!
Old 05-09-2003, 06:33 AM   #138  

FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

And guess what???? For those of you remember about DH's many issues w/ his job ---

Dh's job has been "tweaked" as of 2pm yesterday, he has been "transferred" back to his previous position. His replacement is not learning quickly enough and creating a backlog. This is literally stopping business so cannot continue. DH is thrilled as the transfer was not "fitting" -- managers, training, hours, etc. A real case of "grass is greener".
I am hoping he's gained some perspective and will be able to tolerate his "new/old " position better now that he's spent 6 mos away from it.

So, I 'm off schedule too but don't mind one bit --
Today's thought is:

"When you help someone up a hill, you are that much nearer to the top yourself." --- Unknown

================================
Today's question:
Would you be willing to ignore time this weekend by unplugging the clocks and not wearing a watch?
---Table Topics

=============================

Take care all!
Old 05-09-2003, 07:43 AM   #139  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Wink Friday!

Oh man...QOD would I ever...can you imagine...not have to be anywhere, account for the time etc....are we doin' it? I wonder if I'd get to church before it was over?

Arm is getting better...who'd guess that such a little tiny muscle in your arm pit..practically, could hurt so much? I see chiro again today...will inquire as to gym then..

Well this is a fly by....Anagram!!!!!!!!!!
Wildfire!!!!!!!!! Punkin!!!!!!!!! WSW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kaylets!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eydie, the of pilates...and belly dancing? . Frogger!!!!!!!!

You go girls!

Ceara
Old 05-09-2003, 08:52 AM   #140  

Happy to hear about dh's "tweak", Kaylets. And hope it's much less stressful and he can be healthier.

Some weekend, I'd gladly be without a watch but not this one. Although in one way, it would be good. DS and wife will be here and I'm not sure they know what a watch/clock is ;-). But I don't want to miss my reservation for Mother's Day Brunch! Can't promise I'll be good but have noticed I just don't want as much food.

Dh's numbers were ok again this week; still waiting for arrangements to get port out but now it looks like it won't be in hospital (hoorah!).

Headaches seem better but still rainy, foggy here. Ceara, it does take a while sometimes, doesn't it? Hope it's not quite as bad and you're able to function.

Wildfire, the night light shade is a cute little thing assembled by putting beads on a large safety pin. Hardest part was counting out enough beads in colors I selected. Sis had lots of new bags of colors I didn't want but odd me had to have colors I had to pick out of a bag of mixed colors. Made it though and I like it since the colors go with the bathroom I put it in.

Ok, Punkin, it's that day again = wake up and enjoy every minute.

Yo, Eydie, Frogger, Arabella, Empress, dollar (awol?), wsw and all other Royal Queens.

A Happy Mother's Day to every one. Momma or not, we can all have a good day!

Last edited by anagram; 05-09-2003 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:14 PM   #141  
Is it Friday yet?

It's Friday!!!

It started poorly though.... 6am, me with my hair in a towel, no makeup, etc. and zwoooooom, power goes out. It *just* came back on 3 1/2 hours later. I was late for work since I wouldn't come in until my hair air dried enough to stand walking outside in 34 degree temps - however now I look like, well, like I air dried my hair (it ain't pretty). Makeup by candle light looks good though!

Kaylets - Good for hubby! I'm glad they "tweaked" things in the right direction.

Ceara - Happy to hear you're healing up. Yes, it is amazing how much pain something small can cause!

That's all from me for now. I'm still nursing a headache so I'm gonna go shut my eyes for a bit.

Terri
Old 05-09-2003, 01:23 PM   #142  
Momma Frog

Hi All!

Just a flyby since work has been busy today.

Ceara-Good to hear you are on the mend girlie!

Kaylets-Good for your hubby. It shows that he's the right man for the job!

Hello to all!!

Wedding plans are wrapping up. I'm overly excited about the honeymoon phase now. Go figure!

Old 05-09-2003, 07:53 PM   #143  
wsw

hi all!

kaylets-glad to hear dh is happier with the "transfer" back to his previous position.

i don't think i could ignore time by unplugging the clocks and not wearing a watch because i'm so anal retentive (lol!) it sure does sound nice and relaxing, though.

ceara-glad your arm is getting better, at least. hope the rest of the healing goes much faster for you now.

anagram-happy to hear your dh's numbers were ok again this week and that it looks like removing the port may not have to be done in the hospital.

punkinseed-hope your headache is all gone by now. that must have been a mess too trying to get ready for work with the power out this morning.

i really like the fact that it stays lighter in the evenings now. my friend moved my computer to the opposite wall of my apartment and i am now able to enjoy the view outside my porch while being online. i also got a new desk and comfortable chair and i am enjoying using them at this very moment. well, i better get out of this comfortable chair now, though, and get my exercising in for today.

hi frogger, eydie, wildfire, and all the other royal highnesses! have a great weekend and happy mother's day to all the moms. take care, all.
Old 05-10-2003, 06:46 AM   #144  

Hello all!!

Big storm bearing down us and Yard sales and moving sales are calling b/4 the storm hits!

NSV for me-- Am climbing stairs at the job-- found a buddy and if we both skip the elevator we get a sticker-- We're only 4 floor up so its not like you think--

Thought of the day:
"Each morning when we wake up, we chose to take a step forward, a step back, or remain the same," ---Unknown

Question of the day :
If you could ban one type of music form being played in public places, what would it be?

Later!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:41 AM   #145  
Hot Stuff

QOD - RAP MUSIC! If I want to hear people yelling and jumping around, I can stay home for that.

Kaylets, nice for your DH to know that HE was doing a good job and that they now appreciate that (they should!). I hope he'll be refreshed after his time away and happy to be back in the seat again. Great NSV!

wsw, it's amazing what a good chair and proper desk can do! Hubby went all out and even bough a leather recliner for his desk....boy is it comfortable. I don't get to use it very often because his behind is usually in it! Every now and then, though I steal it when he's watching tv. I have a wicker armchair at my computer with a throw pillow to prop behind my back. My back gets sore sitting too long.

Frogger, you probably told us already, but where are you going on the honeymoon? I'm thinking it's Mexico...is that right?

anagram, I'm just not getting the nightlight shade... There must be more than one safety pin, right? GREAT news on DH's numbers, and the port to be taken out!

Punkin, are you online this weekend? You did say something about getting your computer back, didn't you? Hope the headache has cleared up.

Well, today I'm meeting someone I met online at another message board. It turns out she lives just a few blocks from me! We're getting together for coffee this afternoon.

Here's to a splendiferous Saturday!

Came back to add.....I learned something new! You probably all know this already... I got a new toaster oven this week, and actually read the instructions this morning. Did you know you're supposed to toast bagels cut side down? It allows the cut side to toast without burning the outside. And it works! Well, whaddaya know.....

Last edited by Wildfire; 05-10-2003 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-10-2003, 08:50 AM   #146  
deleted2

Hi!

Regarding ? of the day--that's a tricky one. When my husband ran a bookstore he played only classical or new age because there's nothing there to offend anyone. My first thought was lose the country music---where I come from they play it everywhere! Some rap lyrics can be downright filthy too, and some muzak can be painful to listen too. I guess whenever we're out in public we just have to take our chances!
Oh, that reminds me. Last week, my nephew asked me, "Eydie, do you ever listen to rock music?" Gad, how old does he think I am?! Or how unhip does he think I am? Hmmm....

Wildfire, let us know how your meeting goes. That's exciting!

Old 05-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #147  

Wildfire, how great is that? Let us know how it goes.

I'm with you on the RAP, and while I like some country, it depends on the length of the dose and, with all music, how loudly it's being played.

Mmmm - comfy chair sounds good. My computer's in an armoire in my dining room so I just pull up a dining room chair. Not the most comfortable but I suspect if I sat in a comfortable chair here, I'd never give up and go do other things.

Woke early to a nasty thunderstorm - probably the one heading to Kaylets since I think they're heading southeast of us today. Gray, wet again, blah! Let's get all the rain out of the way so it's really nice for Frogger next weekend.

However, sun in my soul again this a.m. Have a turkey breast in the crock pot. Next is a veggie lasagna and a salad. DS and DDIL arriving sometime today until Monday. They are healthy eaters and not a diet distraction at all. She's a marathon runner and is getting him into running, I think he's run 7 milers a few times, says he's never going into marathonning - too much training, etc. I'll put some fig newtons into the cookie jar and that's enough to keep their sweet teeth happy (well, hers anyway - when he comes home he burrows around for the good things that used to be here).

Have not been up to speed on the exercising. Only got about a half a walk in yesterday because dh decided to go along and then he wasn't up to any more. Hope to do better today and tomorrow. And I still have lots of mulching, etc. to get done. I was in good shape weeding and then didn't get the mulch on quickly enough so it's back to square 3 or so and hard to get in between the raindrops.

Great weekend, all.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:56 AM   #148  
Hot Stuff

Amarantha, so glad you've returned to our Royal Court!

My meeting went very well! We sat and talked for 2 hours at a fabulous coffee shop, but I didn't have any of the scrumptious desserts they are famous for....just had a coffee. We got along well, and have promised to do it again very soon. She's very nice!

anagram, nice bonus to have visitors that eat healthily. Makes it easier on you!

Demon Scale showed a 2lb loss this morning!

Happy Mothers' Day all! I'm going shopping this afternoon....hubby and daughter gave me a $100 gift certificate to one of my favorite stores, and there are a pair of stretch denim capris calling my name....

Have a great day!
Old 05-11-2003, 08:20 AM   #149  
deleted2

Anagram, its so much easier to have guests that eat healthily. Let us know if you pick up any tips from DIL. I'm so impressed my marathon runners. I can't imagine doing such a thing, but one never knows....maybe when I'm in my 70's I'll give it a try!

Amarantha, glad you're back. You were missed and properly pined for!

Wildfire, 2 pounds!!! You deserve those new capris--and more!

Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-11-2003, 08:22 AM   #150  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Hello all!

Hello everyone--

I know most of us are celebrating Mother's Day either by honoring our own or being honored ourselves.
Met a lady last night who was telling me how guilty she felt about joining a weight loss program even though it's worked for her in the past. Rather than tell her that I believed WW's was a better lifestyle plan, I instead agreed with her how often so many of us "compromise" ourselves for family. My new friend was telling me how guilty she felt about buying tomatoes on the vine that were " too expensive". I asked her which tomatoes she'd have chosen if she was entertaining family.... or her boss... and then suggested that as women and/or mothers we are too often, not treating ourselves as we would our families or a guest.

One of us on this board reminds us everyday of how important the phrasing of an affirmation can be : " I am " instead of " I will".
Have you ever realized you have a jingle or a song in your head that just keeps going round and round?? If its an advertising jingle, that's exactly what the marketing people had hoped. I believe they call it "Product recognition". But what about our "own " jingle? If you're like me, its not as upbeat as the one the hardware store uses. Sure, we make it sound like we're poking fun at ourselves, " cant' chew gum and walk at same time," etc., etc.-- But just like the marketing jingles, what we say about ourselves, our mind remembers.
If someone told you they had stayed On Program 8 out of 10 meals or had moved more this week than last -- would you tell them they "haven't done very well"-?? I believe you'd tell them they HAD done well. But how many of us are not as supportive of ourselves??

Sometimes we do need to look behind us to see the changes, especially when we looking at ourselves.
I keep a pair of jeans hanging outside my closet to remind me how big those jeans are on me now. I also have not had my watch wristband shortened to remind me too. But what about what I say about myself?? Five years ago I quit smoking. Do I say now " I'm trying to quit"?? No, actually what I say more often is how I glad I am I did quit.
Was I able to quit in record speed? No, actually, I chewed the gum about twice as long as the package said I would but ..... I quit. Nearly 30 years of smoking finished.

Does anyone remember learning to ride a bike?? Most of us were clumsy and awkward even w/training wheels--
Most of us kept at it though. Even though we were clumsy and awkward. Every time we got better, spills and all. Eventually, we didnt need traing wheels and some of us even rode w/o hands on the handlebars.

As we learn, we make better choices. Shall we choose to overide our self imposed marketing jingles??

"I make better choices when I am rested"
"I am getting better everyday at taking care of myself"

Today's thought is :
"One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. "
Lucille Ball
========================================

How do you see a mother's role as changing? Table Topics

=========================================

To best choices!
Closed Thread