3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   My plan to stay on track for the rest of 2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/268331-my-plan-stay-track-rest-2012-a.html)

KittyKatFan 10-17-2012 09:44 PM

My plan to stay on track for the rest of 2012

So I have fallen off the wagon way too much since September 28 and have struggled to get back on track. I have tried everything I can think of to get back on track every day, but with limited success. But I think I have hit on an incentive that will keep me on track for the next 11 weeks.

Rewarding myself with food isn't right. I am, fortunately, ok financially, so a financial reward like a vacation won't work...I will do that anyway, and since you have to book so far in advance, you can screw up but still take the trip.

My weakness is animals. I hate to think of animal cruelty or animals going to shelters and not being adopted. So my challenge: for every week I stay on plan, I will set aside a very generous amount that will go towards cat and kitten food at my local animal shelter.

This contest has already helped. I thought about cheating this morning, and I told myself no, because I would be hurting the chance of homeless and abused cats. By putting too much food in my mouth, I would be taking food out of the mouths of unfortunate cats that need food more than I do.

Could I just write a check regardless of whether I stay on track? Yes, but I would still feel like I let the animals down.

Hopefully this plan works and I will be firmly back on track while potentially prolonging a cat's life and giving the cat more time and hope to be adopted.

freelancemomma 10-18-2012 01:01 AM

You've come so far! Congrats and keep going.

F.

2Dy2MrwAlwys 10-18-2012 01:25 AM

That's a wonderful idea and I commend you for your generosity! Please do your best, for yourself and the kitties! ♥ You're so close you can't even see your goal because you're standing right on top of it!!! :cheer:

aniela26 10-18-2012 07:01 AM

Wow, what a great idea! Good for you and good for the kitties, keep up the good work!

twinieten 10-18-2012 08:17 AM

Sweet! I love the idea!

angieand2girls 10-18-2012 08:20 AM

Wow...look at how much weight you have lost so far! That is fantastic! And your idea will take you right to goal! Awesome! :)

SarahJane88 10-18-2012 08:38 AM

What a great idea, this inspires me to also make my weight loss not just about me but to help others too! I am also an animal lover but sadly I can not have pets because of my children's allergies. I too will make a donation to my local animal shelter for every 10 lbs I lose! Thanks for the inspiration and best of luck to you!

ChickieChicks 10-18-2012 08:54 AM

That is a very creative reward! Love it!

mottainai 10-18-2012 09:01 AM

That really is such a wonderful idea for a reward. I love it! I really hope it helps keep you going!!

LeilaJey 10-18-2012 09:02 AM

That's a really wonderful, selfless reward.. I love it. And you should be so proud of yourself, you've lost a lot of weight so way to go!

KittyKatFan 10-18-2012 10:03 PM

Only two days in, but I feel totally motivated now. A 100% turnaround in attitude change. I know I will succeed and so will some of the animals I hope I can help :)

I have two vacations coming up, which include travel, which is always my weakness. A trip is what threw me off three weeks ago...

I have set up some rules that I must follow for myself during my trips in order to keep the "kitty commitment". I think that the donation plan is going to help me succeed.

I'm just so proud because, even though I fell off track for a while, I have made a commitment to getting back on track and not letting myself get to the point where I have regained a ton of weight. Makes me believe I'm going to succeed in the long run. I haven't gotten down on myself for veering off plan - instead, I am just looking forward, and working to get to goal again. I just have to keep telling myself this journey is a marathon, not a sprint.