Brand new

• Brand spankin new here. Quick info. I'm a stay at home mom in a blended family with 6 kiddos (5 currently living at home). I am currently at 219.4 lbs. I've been over weight pretty much all my life. I'm a very picky eater with very bad habits of eating extremely bad for you but so good tasting southern comfort food. Ive had a knee surgery in 95 and since then re-tore my ligaments in that knee. stability at this point causes some issues. I'd love to be around 175 lbs. BUT I lack motivation and find myself full of excuses. I've tried 'em all and can't seem to stick to anything but I'm so tired of being fat and tired.
  • Hello WannaB2cute! I am new here also and pretty much in the same boat as you. I am beginning week 2 of IP and have lost 8.2 lbs. so far. It's really an easy diet to stay on and you stay motivated because you are losing so much. Good luck on your journey....You can do it!!!
  • Forgive my ignorance... IP?
  • IP is an acronym for the Ideal Protein program.

Welcome! And don't lose heart, you are in complete control of this situation and if you dedicate yourself to changing your habits it WILL reshape your body. It doesn't even take perfection in your plan of choice, just persistence and a complete refusal to quit when you make a poor choice or go off plan. Get back on, keep getting back on, and you WILL make your goal. All you have to do is never give up. Find a plan that suits your tastes and lifestyle, ANY reasonable plan will do, and go for it.

I find I do better on lower carb and cleaner eating because of cravings and blood sugar issues (I don't like riding the insulin rollecoaster!), but calorie counting, primal, atkins, weight watchers, south beach, exchange plans, medifast... All of them have worked for folks, and even worked long term. For many folks without metabolic issues, the specific plan isn't the issue. It is a lifelong dedication to maintenance behaviors that makes the difference between a successful maintainer and a regainer. I highly recommend reading around this forum and the accompanying blogs, especially of longer term losers, and glean the wisdom you can.

Don't get dispirited and don't give up. You can do this if you DECIDE to
  • Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I haven't decided where to start just that I want to start... Maybe calorie counting... A ill concerned about the exercise regimen due to the knee issues... Any suggestions?
  • I LOVE my TTap, which is rehabilitative to the back and very, very gentle to the knees and joints. As you get stronger and more flexible your form improves and the same workouts give you even better results. I actually can't recommend anything more highly, even for a healthy person, and the workout is about fifteen minutes a day, three days a week, for the basic plus workout. Google Teresa Tapp or TTap exercise and see the exercise videos on YouTube for it, as a preview. Best money I have spent in the past four years in terms of fitness, and suitable with injuries, during pregnancy, and at ANY age.