Nighttime- do you sometimes want food more than sex?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I know, it's so wrong.

Last night I found myself pushing my boyfriend off because ALL I could think about was the cookies in the kitchen that a friend made. Like, I couldn't even enjoy myself because I was too busy mentally fighting the urge to binge.

This has been happening to me a lot.
    It's not normal, and I guess this justifies that I have a problem.

Thoughts?
  • Were you hungry or just food obsessing?

If you were hungry I'd say that it's normal. If you were food obsessing, I wouldn't say it's completely abnormal, but ya maybe a small problem. Does that happen a lot?
  • I think just food obsessing! I had one cookie, and when I went to the bedroom all I could think about is that I wanted more! Delightful, right? lol
  • If you can't wait to have sex before going after cookies, that's not a good headspace to be in (unless the sex sucks).
  • Haha, this is exactly how I felt on Saturday. I just wanted DF to be done so I could eat some of the peanut butter pie I made. Shh, don't tell him I said that!
  • For me it's not that the sex sucks, but that the medication I'm on (birth control and zoloft) has pretty much killed my libido.
  • Nope. I cannot say I've ever felt like that. Sex is a requirement to keeping my marriage and self healthy and happy, cookies just make me fat. Yes, sometimes I want cookies, but they're never on the same level as human interaction, especially of an intimate nature. I wouldn't say that is normal or healthy and investigating why that food has such an obsessive hold on you might be in order.

• Quote: This has been happening to me a lot.
    It's not normal, and I guess this justifies that I have a problem. Thoughts?
    I almost always want food more than sex. Although there's nothing physically wrong with me and I can orgasm quite easily, I've never been a highly sexual person. I don't get mentally aroused very easily and sex often feels like work to me. I wish it were different, but I don't think it's wrong. It just is. And I've never denied my husband when he wants sex (which fortunately isn't too often these days, though we're as close as ever).

F.
  • I just got divorced. Since this forum is anonymous, I will admit here (and only here) that a small part of my motivation for forgoing cookies is to find someone to have sex with! Cuz I miss it. (I do know skinny is not a prerequisite to finding love, blah blah blah. And I am not waiting until I have lost the weight to start looking. I just know that it's easier when I am smaller.)
  • Obsessing over anything to the detriment of other things is a problem. Doesn't matter if it's cookies over sex or sex over cookies. It's the obsession that is the problem, not the object of the obsession. If it's a common problem for you, then it might be worth looking into a bit. If not, then get the cookies out of the house and get busy with your boyfriend.
  • I've never wanted food more than sex since I've been married. But, I will admit that I have binged during the day even after considering that it'd be less comfortable with my husband that evening.
  • No. Sex > food. I'd likely go all day without food if that was required to have sex that evening.
  • depends on the sex in question as well as the food in question. just kidding.

i wouldnt turn down sex for food, buuuuuut, i also dont keep things in the house (like brownies.. mmmm) that i know ill obsess about.

my advice: toss those cookies in the trash and move on
  • Simple answer is no. I'll leave it at that.

• Um, given the topic of thread, use of the carrot emote seems awfully questionable.