Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #1  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

Default I need a weight loss partner!

Hello!

As of today I am starting my weight loss plan () and I need a accountability/motivational partner!

I am 29 years old, work as a freelance writer (so I am on my butt all day) and I am currently 196lbs. Every year for the last 10 years I have gained about 10 pounds (with some losing and regaining in there). Stepping on the scale yesterday and seeing that I am carrying nearly 200lbs on my 5'2" frame was a huge wake up call and I am finally ready to do something about my weight.

I would like a partner (or partners - I would love to start a small group of buddies) who has similar goals and who doesn't mind a lot of contact as I live on the internet because of my job. I know I can do this by myself, but a little support from someone who can relate would be nice.

If you are interested, please respond here or PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by NothingButChanges; 09-18-2012 at 11:38 PM.
NothingButChanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

I will be your diet buddy..I started my plan May 16th ..The doctors office weighed me at 278 I had no clue I had gotten that big..talk about denial..The first few weeks are the hardest.. I am a mom , I work part time as a CNA in home care..The more friends the better! You can do this!
What type of plan are you doing? I am doing low carb (try to keep it under 60 a day) and lower calorie( I average 1000-1200 cals a day)
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #3  
On a weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
I will be your diet buddy..I started my plan May 16th ..The doctors office weighed me at 278 I had no clue I had gotten that big..talk about denial..The first few weeks are the hardest.. I am a mom , I work part time as a CNA in home care..The more friends the better! You can do this!
What type of plan are you doing? I am doing low carb (try to keep it under 60 a day) and lower calorie( I average 1000-1200 cals a day)

Thanks for responding and for the motivation! And congrats on losing 43lbs, wow!

Yep, I knew my clothes were getting tighter and it was getting harder to do simple things like walk up a flight of stairs without being winded but I was shocked when I got on the scale. Talk about denial!

As far as my plan... for exercise I am going to do a bit of everything. I love yoga/dance/Pilates fusion workouts in particular but I will definitely implement cardio and strength training with weights as well.

As far as my eating goes... I think I am going to kind of ease into healthy eating so I can really make a lifestyle change. If I change everything at once I don't think I'll stick with it in the long run. So, I am going to try adding 1 healthy meal a week until I am eating healthy the majority of the time, so this week is healthy breakfast, next week lunch and so on.

Do you exercise as well or are you focusing on dieting?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Although I can't be your weight loss partner I will help your fat loss education.

I have one critical peice of information.

Eating healthy is meaningless in the context of fat loss. You can eat an extremely healthy diet that is ultra nutrient dense and never lose a single lb of fat. You can also lose tons of weight by eating primarily twinkies and powdered donuts. Why is this true?

Fat loss or gain is an equation of energy. Energy is measured in calories.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/249/160

Height: 5' 7

Hey i saw your post about wanting weight loss buddies. Like you i stepped on the scale at 270 and told myself enough is enough. I started my weight loss journey at the end of July and I am now at 246. Bbbbuuuutttt i feel my juice running out sometimes and think a buddy woukd be great for me especially during this process. I work 8-5 so i usually work out around 7. I am about to work out in about 10 minutes. Look forward to talking to you soon.
Aswallac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm always up for a buddy.

I'm 30, married, 2 young kids (3 years, and 9 months), part time teacher. I have lost over 70 pounds so far and have about 30 to go (I think, no way of knowing until I get closer).

I calorie count (myfitnesspal) -- I've been all over the place calorie-wise but right now I'm aiming for 1700 on rest days and 1800-2000 on workout days. I weight train (focusing more on that now). And I do cardio (trying to do less of that now as I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that spending hours on the treadmill/StairMaster/elliptical has done wonders for my endurance but little for my weight loss).

Nice to meet you!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230 lbs/ 227.4 lbs/ 135 lbs

Height: 5'7"

Im looking for a buddy as well

Im 26, with a husband and 8 month old daughter.
I started my calorie counting and cycling just yesterday.
My starting weight is 230 lbs. and Im looking to get down to 140/135. I cycle between 1200 calories and 1700.

I need to push myself to do any exercising. I'm a nurse so im on my feet at work a lot and when i come home i really enjoy my couch.

Im also brand new to the site.
kellrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

i would also love to have a buddy to check in with daily. Reporting weight, food, exercise and any challenges that may come up. if any one is interested in being my buddy email me at [email protected] so we can talk to each other more and start losing the weight.
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingButChanges View Post

Thanks for responding and for the motivation! And congrats on losing 43lbs, wow!

Yep, I knew my clothes were getting tighter and it was getting harder to do simple things like walk up a flight of stairs without being winded but I was shocked when I got on the scale. Talk about denial!

As far as my plan... for exercise I am going to do a bit of everything. I love yoga/dance/Pilates fusion workouts in particular but I will definitely implement cardio and strength training with weights as well.

As far as my eating goes... I think I am going to kind of ease into healthy eating so I can really make a lifestyle change. If I change everything at once I don't think I'll stick with it in the long run. So, I am going to try adding 1 healthy meal a week until I am eating healthy the majority of the time, so this week is healthy breakfast, next week lunch and so on.

Do you exercise as well or are you focusing on dieting?
I have been focusing on diet until about 2 weeks ago and now I have added walking... I got a fitbit which is awesome motivation trying to up my steps
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #10  
On a weight loss journey

So many buddies, I love it! If you all don't mind I would like to just keep this thread and continue posting here, we can be a group of buddies all supporting each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswallac89 View Post
Hey i saw your post about wanting weight loss buddies. Like you i stepped on the scale at 270 and told myself enough is enough. I started my weight loss journey at the end of July and I am now at 246. Bbbbuuuutttt i feel my juice running out sometimes and think a buddy woukd be great for me especially during this process. I work 8-5 so i usually work out around 7. I am about to work out in about 10 minutes. Look forward to talking to you soon.
Thanks for responding and congrats on your weight loss so far! That's exactly why I wanted a buddy, for that time when my juice starts running out! What type of workout did you do today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I'm always up for a buddy.

I'm 30, married, 2 young kids (3 years, and 9 months), part time teacher. I have lost over 70 pounds so far and have about 30 to go (I think, no way of knowing until I get closer).

I calorie count (myfitnesspal) -- I've been all over the place calorie-wise but right now I'm aiming for 1700 on rest days and 1800-2000 on workout days. I weight train (focusing more on that now). And I do cardio (trying to do less of that now as I'm slowly coming to grips with the fact that spending hours on the treadmill/StairMaster/elliptical has done wonders for my endurance but little for my weight loss).

Nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too! 70lbs! That is very motivating for me, especially since I am just starting out. I actually feel the same way about cardio vs weight training. I have asthma so doing cardio actually keeps it in check but overall my favorite workouts are strength training with my body weight or with actual weights. For me, those type of workouts are super slimming while cardio is just healthy overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellrell View Post
Im looking for a buddy as well

Im 26, with a husband and 8 month old daughter.
I started my calorie counting and cycling just yesterday.
My starting weight is 230 lbs. and Im looking to get down to 140/135. I cycle between 1200 calories and 1700.

I need to push myself to do any exercising. I'm a nurse so im on my feet at work a lot and when i come home i really enjoy my couch.

Im also brand new to the site.

Okay, so we both are newbies. And we have a similar weight goal as well. I can see how exercising would be difficult after being on your feet all day. Maybe a more low impact workout like yoga would help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarashoar View Post
i would also love to have a buddy to check in with daily. Reporting weight, food, exercise and any challenges that may come up. if any one is interested in being my buddy email me at ... so we can talk to each other more and start losing the weight.
I'm actually going to stay with this thread (not email) but you are welcome to join!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:29 PM   #11  
On a weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmstacy View Post
I have been focusing on diet until about 2 weeks ago and now I have added walking... I got a fitbit which is awesome motivation trying to up my steps

That's pretty cool. I have some Walk Away the Pounds dvd's that I am going to start using for my cardio...
Old 09-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

Oh yay another funsize lady I'm turning 28 soon and I peaked at 189. I'm almost always in front of the pc as well, not working but...yeah lol. I'm currently battling through a weight plateau and ooh I just started Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds and I love it! Really good for beginners (like me!). And I thought walking was easy psh

Last edited by Nayshal; 09-19-2012 at 03:20 AM.
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 208/179/145

Yeah, I want to join your group. Great to meet you. I've started about at the same weight as you and my goal weight is the same as yours. I've lost about 29 lbs already but still have a way to go. I'm glad I checked out the forums tonight as I'm at the point that for some reason I start self sabotaging. People start to notice tell me how good I look and boom all the motivation is gone and I want to gain it all.

Perseverance is now key. I've started jogging and walking and I'm loving it right now. And will be adding weight lifting next week.
None is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 268/249/160

Height: 5' 7

I found that doing workout tapes make me loose mare than going to the gym. So I turn on my xbox and go to youtube and do about 45 minutes of a new workout each day..
Aswallac89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:42 AM   #15  

I would like to join as well-I am 36 mother of three girls, 17,14,and 10. I sit on my butt all day and worse than that work from home-I am an obsessive dieter and not in a good way. I go from low fat and low carb within hours, knowing that both can be healthy, understanding calories count, knowing I need to exercise I have excuses and thoughts for all: I weigh 264- I have preventricular contractions of the heart which causes edema at times, causes shortness of breath coupled with this weight I am a mess and need to change. My two oldest daughters lost their dad this year (he was just 38) and I am all they have---could use a support buddy;the more the merrier.
inkleberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote