Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Any FitBit Users?

Please tell me about them. I have a polar that I'm simply not usign anymore, I think it's kind of clunky and don't like wearing that thing under my bra. The fitbit looks much smaller. Does it work the same though? Counts calories burned?

Thanks everyone. If it's for me I am looking to buy it soon. Just need to kind of know others thoughts on it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I did a lot of research on FitBit and Body Bug. I thought the FitBit was awesome because of all the features, how it fits in your pocket, the website, etc. BUT I didn't understand how it could be accurate when it doesn't take your heart rate into account. There are several blogs that talk extensively about the FitBit (pros, cons etc), I found them just by googling (don't remember the sites off hand). . . just in case you don't get as much firsthand experience here as you need.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I love my FitBit... More so than my BodyBugg that I used to wear. I had a BB and I wore it daily for over a year, but I got sick of the monthly fee.. I looked into a Fitbit, and thought, heck for $99 I might end up saving myself some money!

I started wearing it last November, and I wore both my Bugg and the FitBit for about a month. I'll tell you that the FitBit wasn't as accurate, but it was only off (on the low side) by maaaaaybe 20-50 cals a day. To save $8 bucks a month or whatever, I'll take it, and that savings has paid for the FitBit already. With it being that small of a margin "off" I'm good. And in all reality, no tracker will be 100% correct, so I'm good with knowing a rough estimate of what I burn. I like that it tracks my steps, and my flights of stairs, and it pushes me to go just that much farther.

I like that I can clip it to my bra strap and no one knows its there, while the bugg was SO big on my upper arm, people would ask me all the time what it was.

One of the best purchases I've made to help myself on this journey!

And I agree with Lock, google google google. I found a wealth of info about it out there!

GL!

Last edited by kateleestar; 09-14-2012 at 01:08 PM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #4  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I have both the FitBit and the Polar ft4. I like that I can wear the Fitbit discretely throughout the day to see how many steps I'm walking. As for calories I don't think it's as accurate as a HRM. I wear my polar during my workout to make sure my HR stays in the suggested range, and to see how long and hard my workouts have been. For something about the same price, I definitely think the Polar ft4 is more accurate even though it can be a bit clunky to wear under your bra :P
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

YES! I love the fitbit! I did a full on review of it on my blog if you wanna check it out: http://www.sensualappealblog.com/201...-ultra-review/

Gist of it is: It's worth it!
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #6  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I have been seriously considering a fitbit.

I have a bad musical instrument aqcuisition disorder though, and whenever I have an extra couple hundred I end up dropping it on a new instrument.

I have some money coming in a couple weeks and I'm going to see if I can get the Fitbit though. I need to get some exercise into my life.

Too bad playing music is the ultimate therapy. I hope to someday make exercise my other ultimate therapy, and use it frequently.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #7  
Battling pcos daily

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5"

I also own a fitbit and LOVE it!! Use it daily and it's so tiny and discreet... I clip mine to my pants pocket most of the time. It does tend to be inaccurate at calculating miles traveled when using an elliptical machine, though... Tends to be about 1-2 miles off (shows less than what was actually traveled). Other than that it's great!! Would def suggest it for anyone who is curious how much activity you are really getting each day. Love it
Clmiller0782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Thanks for all the information everyone. Please keep em coming!

I did like my polar, but it was kind of clunky, to the point that I thought people could see it under my shirt.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I LOVE my FitBit. I'm goal oriented so it gives me a daily challenge and I love the badges. Would buy again...in fact, I had to because I lost my first one. That's the biggest challenge for me, plus people find them, think they are cool, and aren't too eager to return them.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I have a fitbit. I got mine with our tax money in early spring. I never take it off my bra. It is small and easy to lose if you don't give it a permanent home. I actually clip it to my fresh clean bra while showering. My battery stays charged about 10 - 14 days which is really good. If you are counting steps or minutes of activity it works great. I agree that the heart rate seems a tiny bit off...but not enough of a difference for me to want to pay for one of the others that has a monthly fee. That financial benefit of access to the website without a cost is what "sold" me on the fitbit. I liked the idea of the sleep monitor; but I hardly ever use that feature. I do wear it while I sleep (genie bra, very comfy to sleep in) but I hardly ever remember to push the timer button to register my sleep time.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 150/148/125

Height: 5'8

I just got mine last week and so far I'm loving it. Have made the 10,000 goal everyday and most days have done 12,000! I even did 15,000 last Thursday ;P

I think it is a great motivating tool! I already workout six days a week but this keeps me doing even more on top of that, which hopefully will help me lose weight.
cbheart16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I love my fitbit! It has been an integral part of my weightloss because I can see my daily caloric deficit on fitbit's website. I have mentioned this before in fitbit threads but the one disadvantage I see is that the readout is really hard to see in sunlight. If you do alot of your workout outside you will have a hard time. Luckilly I mainly workout inside!
angie7896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 338/335/140

Talking

I just got mine and so far I love it. I have synced it with my lose it app and it is very motivating when you add the food log to it.
sweetdarbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #14  

I've had my fitbit for about a month and love it! I know that the calories are not going to be 100% on but I like the idea of having an approximate number bad on activity levels.....
Dedicated2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I just got my fitbit on Saturday afternoon and I am already loving it!!! I love the visual representation of my day think it's going to be a good motivator to just move a bit more around the house.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote