Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #1  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Default Doing amazing! Who else is feeling good?

After the donut fiasco I am feeling much better. I'm been eating under my calorie goal almost every day, except a few days in a row I was a bit over by about 60 calories. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Lately my goal has been to stay at, or around, calories and focus on making that a habit.

It's quickly becoming habit. Even after a slip-up I get right back on track. I'm not worrying about macro-nutrients or exercise just yet. Though exercise has been on my mind.

In a few weeks I am going to get fitted running shoes and start a C25K. I like running. I can't run for long but I feel great after a 30 min walk/run. It's nice, pushing myself to run the full 30 seconds.

I have accepted it's going to take a long time to even reach Onederland, but the thing is, this is the way to go. Slowly. I can't maintain drastic changes long enough to build a habit. I also have a binging problem. The slower I ease into new changes the better, the less I binge.

I'm not worried about the food right now. I'm worried about logging what I eat and stopping when I know I should. I don't care if I have cake for dinner, as long as it's in calories and I stop after that. Eventually healthier food will be more important but I'm just starting this long, long journey.

In the past I would've beat myself up for not eating enough veggies, or for eating too much pasta, or for having cake when I could've skipped it. That's not how it works though. I'm human. I'm a big girl with a lot of weight to lose, a lot of time to lose it and a lot of habits to build.

I feel like I've learned so much just from the wonderful people here on 3FC. Thank you everyone!

Who else is feeling great?
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

YAY! Good for you!

I have been feeling VERY good lately (complaining about the darn scale aside). I am in better shape than I ever have been (I've been smaller, but never in better shape). I struggle with a lot of things, but overall I am doing VERY well. I look amazing, which makes me FEEL amazing. I realize that probably sounds terribly conceited; and I readily admit I've become increasingly vain with every pound lost. But you know what!? I don't even care. I've spent YEARS feeling ashamed of my appearance, I'm happy to be able to take pride in it for once in my life.

So, yes! Give yourself EVERY ounce of credit for EVERY victory on this long, long journey.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

I agree! Losing weight is not easy, otherwise everyone would be realllly thin! Celebrate yourself, and feel good about all the great decisions you are making about your own well-being.

I also feel really good right now. I feel better physically, I feel that I am making better choices about my life, and I really feel like I can do it this time! It feels great!
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #4  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I feel great, too. I went for a hike today and, even though it was quite steep, I had no trouble. I feel like all the exercise I've been doing is really paying off.

LockItUp, your new pic is fabulous. You do indeed look amazing!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #5  
Becoming A Better Me

hey count me in!!!! ive been feeling amazing about myself (minus work-out aches n pains)! i know its harder to stay OP n work-out than it is to give in and give up and im not doing either one! the inner n outer changes in me n my body are soooo encouraging to me and now others around me that i just wont let myself quit! WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph7409 View Post
LockItUp, your new pic is fabulous. You do indeed look amazing!
Thank you very much!!!

It's so great to read a thread of positive feelings about ourselves!!! Working hard, feeling good!!! That's what it's really all about!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #7  

Rock on! We all deserve to feel GOOD about ourselves!
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

So I've been feeling great this past 3 weeks with fairly consistent losses I've been feeling so good being in onederland, and all this running and squats have been doing something great for my tooshie! Love my new behind.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I'm feeling goooooooooood too! I did a step aerobics class today at my gym. I was the biggest girl in class. The girls there told me I wouldn't need any risers because the class was challenging enough. I used them anyways and survived one whole hour! Yeah! There have been so many positive changes thus far and I'm loving it!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'10"

I love the positive changes of weight loss! Even though I know I have a ways before I reach my goal, I am feeling more energetic, actually CRAVING salads, etc, and loving life!

I even have an easier time/feel more flexible doing certain activities with my boyfriend

Keep it up, thewalrus0! Just know that many people who have binged on donuts have not been able to break their cycles, and you have!!
BreakingUpWith90lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #11  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm right there with you thewalrus! I can only tackle one change at a time, and for now I'm working on portion control/not overeating. We'll get there, it's a process
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

I still haven't managed to get below 173 but since I started this journey three weeks ago, everything seemed brighter. I laugh more, I sing more. I'm not sure if I'm just losing my mind for not eating the way I want but I could definitely say I'm happier now!

I did laterals/sidesteps across the street today. People looked at me like "wth is she doing?" I got a good laugh out of it
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I joined curves and have been going everyday- it's not as easy as it seems! I can feel my muscles getting stronger, as well as my heart and lungs!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #14  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I have been feeling VERY good lately (complaining about the darn scale aside). I am in better shape than I ever have been (I've been smaller, but never in better shape). I struggle with a lot of things, but overall I am doing VERY well. I look amazing, which makes me FEEL amazing. I realize that probably sounds terribly conceited; and I readily admit I've become increasingly vain with every pound lost. But you know what!? I don't even care. I've spent YEARS feeling ashamed of my appearance, I'm happy to be able to take pride in it for once in my life.
LockItUp, you have every right to be conceited--you look hot girl! I'm right there along side you and I love it. Haters be d@mned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I'm feeling goooooooooood too! I did a step aerobics class today at my gym. I was the biggest girl in class. The girls there told me I wouldn't need any risers because the class was challenging enough. I used them anyways and survived one whole hour! Yeah! There have been so many positive changes thus far and I'm loving it!
Angie, don't you love it when you prove to everyone that you not only can do it, but you rocked it out!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I've been feeling great, too! I FINALLY took the plunge to start transitioning to Primal(/Paleo). I'm eating an ungodly amount of vegetables and all my food is so so so delicious. I don't miss grains or even peanut butter (my major weakness before)! I also love how I feel after working out hard for only short amounts of time and it's not nearly the timesuck that lower-intensity exercise can be.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote