Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #106  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Mogzillo Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I agree with Novangel. Fresh fruit and/or yogurt makes a great dessert.

Serenity Nothing wrong with having a reset. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. How was your lunch with your cousin? Ha Ha, Nope not creeping me out! Confession time! I made some observations during my Insanity rotation. When I put my hand on my leg for support (for one of the moves) that my leg is really hard. I found myself feeling around to see the difference. This is the good, but we won't talk about my inner thighs while wearing shorts. Now that might creep us out and "sexy" isn't close to how I would describe my inner thighs! Good job on noticing those positive changes in your body. You have worked hard for it.

Mescelestus I hope you had a great day.

Novangel Hi

Isabella I have a spray bottle of olive oil. I use a spritz of oil in the pan. I use less oil/calories like that. Hang in there detoxing from the Diet Coke. You can do it.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (720 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
Sauteed snow peas 100 calories
2 servings frozen peach yogurt 220 calories

Exercise:
#10 SDX Upper Body w/12's
TF Fire 30 w/weighted gloves
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #108  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hey everyone,

Well I finally bit the bullet and weighing myself this morning and it is still 228, so I didn't lose but at least I didn't gain or at least it was under a pound. What a relief.

I'm going to the grocery store today and I am planning to get some more foods that are healthy but tasty for breakfast so I can not spend so much money and calories at Starbucks all the time!

As for the epidural, I am going to another orthopaedist who I used to see for his opinion on the 22nd.

Take care,

Amy
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #109  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 152.2 (TTOM)
Down: 1.2 pounds
Old 10-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #110  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Ah Saturday has arrived, does anyone know where the week went? Apparently, I slept through it OR something I need to get out of mah house! I had a weird mid-week visit with doc yesterday, normally we go two full weeks to a month, but he didn't want to wait that long. Well, guess what, he was working out of New Haven, not really that far from therapist's office. Ugh, I swear, I get more anxiety going to New Haven than living day to day But, I finally got to see the ivy league part of the college. Where the hospital is and around is run down...the low class living, if you will. But drive up a hill and OMG, it's beautiful! The campus is gorgeous, the houses are gorgeous...the people are gorgeous. It is ideal for walking and they even have a cool track to run on, I know cuz I watched a guy running It was like night and day. It was so spacious and no honking and parking galore! I can do this New Haven

Diana Thanks for thinking of me. Apparently I haven't come out of the depression, it just isn't my normal thing, so I'm not noticing it. Doc agrees, it's not a dangerous depression (as long as I get one good meal a day). Showering and brushing my teeth are for the benefits of others, LOL, not that I stink He and me, agree that I'm not in danger and that I can go a month as long as I and others are aware...like this last time, I knew when I got "sick" and needed on the clock watch. Usually, I don't make an effort to tell others, but I was still in a good enough place to make a wise decision. He'd like for me to do that again. And like I said, this isn't something I'm aware of, like I don't feel sad or depressed. If you ask, is there anything wrong, nope, I'm fine. I'm just not making the effort of living which for me is a norm. I'm sure this too shall pass. I have no worries...LOL, another symptom. But I do what I'm told when told to do it which is more than I would if it was bad.

Hey in all the whatever that's been going on no weight change That's always nice.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #111  
Warrior Princess

I'm still here. I did Jillian last night and now this morning I plan to go out and jog for a bit since it's finally not raining but it sure is getting cold. :/ I'm still going strong this month, I took pic of myself last night and I must say there's even more improvement from last pictures. I can hardly believe it's my body I'm looking at from what it was.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #112  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everybody!!! I'm finally sick!!!! That's actually happy bc now I can get it over with and feel better!! That's all for now, busy day at work!

Diana- I did have a relatively great day! How was yours?
Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #113  

Good morning everyone!
Serenity, awesome job on the muscle no it does not creep me out and you have earned it!. Hope you are felling better today!
Congrats Novangel, and keep going. Great job on registering!
Hi Mamakat and Seabiscuit, sometimes when you are not doing what you would normally do weight wise but the weight remains the same, it feels great
Safe travels Misti! Have a great weekend!
Diana thank you so much for the October thread. I am into month of my weight loss journey and there is a change. I started at 167 and this morning weighed 160.2! I got there last week with observance and fasting but I rebounded back to 162. But I have been watching what I have been eating and reporting my stats here so that is key to my efforts.
NSV: went to Cold stone creamery yesterday , ordered a “love it” sans fat sin free sweet cream. Next NSV: order a” like it” size. I used to be the type that you eat icecream out once in a while so you should eat the “real” thing but now my brain says sans fat is what I got to get. Of course I stole a couple of spoons from my DH’s chocolate and I was not sad or felt like I was missing out
I think Met-Rx and Jillian and running outside is doing its magic in the recent 2 pound loss. Let us see when I plateau again then go back to the next thing to cut out. Planning on doing Jillian week 2 today.

Last edited by Rasagolla; 10-06-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

LOL NovaAngel maybe, but I bet you're going to feel fabulous after you accomplish it and I wouldn't be surprised if you sign up for more. I NEED to take pictures more, you reminded me. I see a difference, but I would like to document it as well.

Ugh IsabellaOlivia. I am sorry. Flulike is the worst especially knowing you are doing it to yourself BUT you know that probably makes it more important to quit...at least I'd tell myself that

Awe thanks Diana! I ended up having to change lunch because her boss scheduled (she's in town for some annual thing) a meeting at that time screwing up the time because he's on California time..so hopefully later this weekend.

Amy good going on the NO GAIN, that's huge I think because as long as I'm not GAINING I am happy (except for TTOM I expect a gain, I usually get a gain and I'm not going to worry about that because it's gone within 3-7 days anyway all at once). Hopefully you get some great breakfast ideas too.

MamaKat New Haven sounds beautiful, at least the part up the hill I'm glad you are wise enough to ask for help and I'm sure everyone appreciates the showering and tooth brushing LOL I'm glad your weight is okay as well.

Um Mescelestus yay? LOL I do know what you mean. Hopefully you'll get over the brunt of it soon.

Woot Rasagolla on the NSVs AND the 2 pounds. I also love the mindset of not missing out. I have to remember I'm doing this to be HEALTHY and I'm not depriving myself of X, Y and Z, I am gaining A through W!

Well 1396 calories yesterday,. 10 minutes (minus warmup and cool down which I don't count) of RKS. It was a "challenge" so 5 lateral rows left, 5 right, 10 squat thrusts jumps (but I used a chair) and 15 push-ups with 20 kettlebell swings rest, rinse and repeat as often as you can in 10 minutes. I used the 26 pound bell and I AM feeling it in the lats today. Apparently my big bell, which I just got out of the garage is 35. I also did day 5 of week 9 of yoga.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #115  
Warrior Princess

Looks like I might have to start buying smaller cupped bras. What really sucks is I got a very expensive push-up at VS several months ago not thinking ahead about weightloss. Waste of money. I could still wear it (under clothes obviously) but it makes my chest look huge in comparison to the rest of my body now. Oh well...there always has to be a downside I suppose. I really wish boobs would stay.

I'm going to see if I can still pull off a C cup even though I'm now more like a B.5 () I'd hate to spend money replacing all of them.

Last edited by novangel; 10-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #116  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Greetings, all!

Hi, folks. I've been off the boards this week. I hit a rough patch emotionally and simply didn't feel like writing or reading or doing much else. I cheated too many times to count and was on the verge of a binge when I picked up a bag of M&Ms at a gas station convenience store. I ate a couple hands full then scolded myself for what I was doing and actually threw the rest of the bag out the car window into a ditch somewhere along the road. I'm not one to litter so it was an extreme action for me to take.

Since I was struggling with an emotional low, I didn't exercise as much as I should have this week, either. I know I will not have lost when I weigh in tomorrow morning but I'm hoping to break even.

Aside from dealing with a major case of the blues, I seem to have developed an obsession for V8 vegetable juice. I've gone from having never liked it to drinking as much as 16 oz a day. I've been drinking it with my lunch each day and as a morning snack with a 90-calorie Fiber One bar. The bonus is that, if I stick to the low sodium option, the juice provides lots of nutrition for a low calorie count.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #117  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

worththeeffort, I hope you feel better soon. The blues suck.

nova, sorry about the loss of boobage. But add me to the list of those impressed with you signing up for a 15K. Good luck!

Serenity and Diana, your workouts sound so challenging! I think it's great that you both do such a variety of exercise.

Rasagolla, nice loss this month!

mescelestus, here's hoping you get better quickly, now that you're officially sick. I know what you mean about wanting to get it started so you can get it over with. I hate the lead up to being sick.

mamakat, I think Ivy League campuses are made to be seen in the fall. Something about the changing leaves and the old buildings.

seabiscuit, no gain is a good thing. Good luck with your healthier and cheaper breakfast ideas.

I surprised myself by running almost all the way around the park yesterday afternoon, with just a couple of brief bits of walking, so I think I ran about 2.5 miles. I walked another lap around, though, and it took me only an extra 5 minutes (35 as opposed to 30), so apparently I run really slowly! Still, I felt pretty good about it.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #118  
Warrior Princess

Decided to make today a rest day, Saturdays usually are anyway. Be back tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Total approx 1635 Calories +

Again, the little WW's Smart Ones allowed me to have a dessert but still keep my calories on the lower side for a Saturday. I am so glad that I have this option now. I couldn't have these before due to the "allergy".

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Snack/Lunch (390 Calories)
homemade coffee flavored Greek Yogurt 110 Calories
Ricotta Cheese 210 Calories
Cinnamon peaches 70 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
Hamburger 250 calories
Bun 160 Calories
cheese 100 calories
lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, mushrooms 100 calories
Green beans 100 calories
WW Smart Ones Peanut Butter cup 140 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55 EZ

This morning I woke up with sore abs from that 10 minute bonus ab workout two days ago and of course I have upper body DOMS from the upper body workout yesterday. Gotta love starting a new rotation.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-06-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #120  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Seabiscuit What did you end up getting for your breakfast from the grocery store? I know Starbucks is a lot more convenient.

Mamakat It's good to see you. I'm glad you checked in. Maybe the next time you can go for a nice walk when you are on the campus. You might have to plan ahead so you will have enough time. I'm not sure how far you live from New Haven. It sounds like a very enjoyable walk for sure.

Novangel Which Jillian program is your favorite? I'm thinking about getting No More Trouble Zones. I like the looks of that video clip the best. Good job on the progress that you have made.

Mescelestus I hope you had a good day. Do you have a cold? I hope it's not the flu. Feel better soon. Had a good day, too.

Rasagolla Congrats on the weight loss and for working on eating ice cream in moderation.

Serenity Good job on the 26 lb. KB! How long will you cousin be in town? When are you having lunch?

Worththeeeffort So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Hang in there. It will get better. We are here for you.

Steph Good job on your run! You were running, it doesn't matter your speed. Keep up the great work!
Closed Thread