Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I saw this thread yesterday and didn't comment. Maybe I'm feeling fiesty today but I am compelled to say something....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Short of being unemployed it doesn't get any easier than you have it. You have a job, that's it. If you were going to get paid 10,000 dollars every time you went to the gym so long as you went a minimum of 3 times a week you would find a way to make it happen.

I'm not suggesting six times a week is needed or even favorable I'm just pointing out that if it is important you'll make it happen.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Schedules suck don't they? I leave the house to get the kids to daycare/school at 7 am, work through lunch to makeup hours lost due to class, get off at 5pm then have class 'til 9:30pm. I spend 10pm-midnight doing homework. Then weekends are the only time I have to actually take pictures (photography class). The stress of it all is (not really!) driving me to drink!

That said, the best I can manage is a few exercise videos when I'm not so exhausted I'm going to throw up. Do what you can do and see where exercise is on your list of priorities. If something can be shuffled, do it. If you can go during lunch, before work, do it.

Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!

Last edited by XLMuffnTop; 09-28-2012 at 01:08 PM.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM   #18  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I saw this thread yesterday and didn't comment. Maybe I'm feeling fiesty today but I am compelled to say something....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
JohnP, always keepin' it real.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #19  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?hu have a job, that's it. If you were going to get paid 10,000 dollars every time you went to the gym so long as you went a minimum of 3 times a week you would find a way to make it happen.

I'm not suggesting six times a week is needed or even favorable I'm just pointing out that if it is important you'll make it happen.
You are absolutely right, John. The jist of it is I need to get off my lazy *** and go to the gym!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
with the gym... buy boys in the way? show them you're a tough woman. RAWWWWR.

you know what they say, there is no force stronger in the world then the force of 1 determined woman.

Oh man, that made me want to go out and punch something and then run circles around it and then give it a ticket to the gun show. I am woman hear me ROAR!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #21  

This is how I feel right now. I work a very demanding job and I am NOT a morning person (as it is, I'm basically late every day for work from hitting the snooze button...luckily no one cares about that since I bring in the money for my company!)
Anyway, I have a one year old son and he goes to bed at 8:00 pm so by the time I get him and get home it is 6:00 pm so I only have two hours to spend with him. It really sucks because I have a goal to exercise JUST two days a week and it is so, so hard to fit it in. I am feeling bitter about going tonight after work because it means I get home after my son's bedtime and don't see him at all. I feel like I never see him.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #22  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
This is how I feel right now. I work a very demanding job and I am NOT a morning person (as it is, I'm basically late every day for work from hitting the snooze button...luckily no one cares about that since I bring in the money for my company!)
Anyway, I have a one year old son and he goes to bed at 8:00 pm so by the time I get him and get home it is 6:00 pm so I only have two hours to spend with him. It really sucks because I have a goal to exercise JUST two days a week and it is so, so hard to fit it in. I am feeling bitter about going tonight after work because it means I get home after my son's bedtime and don't see him at all. I feel like I never see him.
I get it! Believe me! There have been times I feel like I haven't seen my kids in days. I know I can't keep a schedule that has me out of the house too many nights a week or I start to feel depressed about not being home with my family. But there are weeks when that's what I have to do.

It comes down to a choice. Either you get up early and get a work out in, or you pick 2-3 days a week that you go in the evening. Don't forget you have all day on your days off, whatever those days may be. In 7 days, you should be able to pick 2 or 3 that maximize family time while getting in a workout.

Can you exercise at home, after your son goes to bed? A DVD? Wii? Push ups, sit ups, kettle bell? Treadmill, elliptical? I swear, putting a treadmill upstairs was the best thing I ever did for myself! Then I got a Total Trainer. My gym attendance was not good, and wasn't getting better, so I wanted something at home. It helped!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #23  

The at-home workouts sound great for those of you with super long days.That way you don't have to go anywhere.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepino View Post
Anyway, I have a one year old son and he goes to bed at 8:00 pm so by the time I get him and get home it is 6:00 pm so I only have two hours to spend with him.
Get a stroller or a wagon and then either push or pull for an hour. Extra calories burnt hauling around the little guy and bonding time too.

(I wish I had been 1/2 this smart when my kids were little. If the grandkids were close by, I would do what I just suggested.)

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #25  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
I don't know if I'll ever muster up the courage to workout in front of the beefy guys though, lol, but I can make it so I'm not "that" person and still miss the crowds.
I have found the beefy guys are very nice and have admiration for a gal that's hucking the heavy iron instead of doing 5 reps with a 2 pound weight.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote