Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #16  
IR/PCOS

S/C/G: 187lbs/ticker/143

Height: 5' 6.5

Can I join?

I have been in the 150's for nearly a year now. Yep. My weight loss has been non-existent since December of last year. Between August 2011 and December 2011 I lost just over 30 pounds (14 kilos to be exact), and since then I've gotten down to 150, to then shoot back up to 152.5, which is my sweet spot.

This has been with eating max 1500 calories a day and working out on average 5 days a week (running, interval sprints, pump classes).

My lack of progress has really got me down this week. I am in my 2nd week of starting Yasmin BC and I am bloated and have gained.
For the past couple of months I have been illogically cold (like purple with goosebumps whilst wearing 3 layers of clothing during winter), my TOM has been messed up and I am so tired ad stressed.
This past week, everything seems to have just gotten too much. My eating has been horrible, and I have no motivation to work out.

I am just down in the dumps and wanting desperately to get out of the 150's!

Thanks for letting me unload
Meeel4121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #17  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

I weighed. BAD idea. 184.4. after tuesdays little food situation that is not illogical, BUT STILL.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #18  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Glad to see we have a few more joining us!!!!!!!

Meeel - Have you thought about going to the dr about the coldness and TOM trouble? I wonder if it is nutrition related, and then maybe all of that is connected to your long weight stall?

Maybe this is your time though! Let's get out of the 150s!!!

Sofie - I can never resist weighing after an indulgence. I was stalled at 179 (and a few above) for like 6 weeks back at the beginning of July. It was SO FRUSTRATING!!!

How is everyone else doing?

I was 160 even this morning! GREAT, but I couldn't help but hurt for that .2 that would put be in the 150s! I'm just 5 pounds away from normal! It's SOOOOOO CLOSE!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #19  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

ACK. I want OUT of the 150's.... but NOT into the 160's! LOL!!!!

I've been in the 150's for over 8 months. After my low of 153 in May, I am now at 159, with an occasional 160 showing every now & then. ACK, ACK, ACK.

I simply have to stop this crazy sugar binge fest I've been on. I've used every "trick" I know & yet still.... but hey! - NSV last night! - I had ONE serving of a treat & then went for a 30-minute bike ride. So, yay me!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 182.1/ticker/130

Height: 5'6''

I am at 166.8 right now but in TOM...the lowest I have seen in this past week was 164.4...I can't wait to see an even 160. I hope to be at 155 by Halloween. I have to, actually, I must look good in my costume
Colliea21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #21  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
ACK. I want OUT of the 150's.... but NOT into the 160's! LOL!!!!

I've been in the 150's for over 8 months. After my low of 153 in May, I am now at 159, with an occasional 160 showing every now & then. ACK, ACK, ACK.

I simply have to stop this crazy sugar binge fest I've been on. I've used every "trick" I know & yet still.... but hey! - NSV last night! - I had ONE serving of a treat & then went for a 30-minute bike ride. So, yay me!
All those little successes do add up. Do you think something triggered the sugar binge? Or just totally sick of trying to lose weight (I know I certainly get sick of it)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colliea21 View Post
I am at 166.8 right now but in TOM...the lowest I have seen in this past week was 164.4...I can't wait to see an even 160. I hope to be at 155 by Halloween. I have to, actually, I must look good in my costume
My goal is 155 by Halloween too!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #22  
Dedicated Yogi

Stephanie- .2 is a reason to stay on track!!

beachpatrol- ATLEAST YOU'RE IN THE 160S!!!. I saw them for 2 minutes once. it was nice. hahaha

my goal is 175. by halloween (aka by sept 1st, and aug 1st, and...yeah, you get what i mean hahaha).

its after 10 pm. i've done 2 workouts, and i've only eaten about 1000 calories?? WHAT IS THIS MESS. i think im going to go choke down a little cottage cheese, otherwise the fridge will be eaten tomorrow.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BODY??? hahahaha.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:38 AM   #23  
Stephanie

JUST BOUGHT MY 1st PAIR OF SIZE 10s (which is a little odd since I weighed 142 back in '06)!!!! Ya, several of the size 10 skirts were way too small, but holy crap, a size 10. I don't even care if it's vanity sizing, it's a 10!

Fingers cross to see the 150s in the morning (my night weight is promising!!)!!

Sofie- Hope the scale rewards you for your hard work!!! If not tomorrow then soon!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies. Mind if I join you? I seriously need a place to rant about the scale. If I owned two, I would use them both. I'm sure of it--especially the one that said nice things to me.

The problem with my scale is that it doesn't budge much, even though I've been so good. I'm counting calories and should be losing at least a pound a week. Not happening! The past few days I ate more and finally registered a small loss this morning at 168.9. What?!
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #25  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

im having an emotional day, hahahaha. my weigh in this morning didnt go so hot. im back to where i was 2 weeks ago even though ive been on plan.

on the other hand, i got into a size 14 pair of jeans that definitely havent fit for a while. i think even like 2 weeks ago i couldnt get them buttoned. theyre still snug, but definitely not like they were.

i dont know whether to be happy or sad
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #26  
Dedicated Yogi

180.0 flat. ill take it.

now to stay on for the day. i'm going for drinks with a girlfriend tonight, so i need to eat pretty low in order to see the 170's tomorrow. fingers crossed!

(also, guess i'm back on the weighing bandwagon haha).
Old 09-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #27  
Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving Forward View Post
Hi ladies. Mind if I join you? I seriously need a place to rant about the scale. If I owned two, I would use them both. I'm sure of it--especially the one that said nice things to me.

The problem with my scale is that it doesn't budge much, even though I've been so good. I'm counting calories and should be losing at least a pound a week. Not happening! The past few days I ate more and finally registered a small loss this morning at 168.9. What?!
Yes! Join us! I've had that happen a couple times -- upped my cals and lost after a little stall. I don't know how it happens, but I just go with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
im having an emotional day, hahahaha. my weigh in this morning didnt go so hot. im back to where i was 2 weeks ago even though ive been on plan.

on the other hand, i got into a size 14 pair of jeans that definitely havent fit for a while. i think even like 2 weeks ago i couldnt get them buttoned. theyre still snug, but definitely not like they were.

i dont know whether to be happy or sad
HAPPY! Definitely happy! I think it's a good sign the scale will whoosh soon, obviously you are losing fat if your jeans fit now and didn't 2 weeks ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
180.0 flat. ill take it.

now to stay on for the day. i'm going for drinks with a girlfriend tonight, so i need to eat pretty low in order to see the 170's tomorrow. fingers crossed!

(also, guess i'm back on the weighing bandwagon haha).
WOOOOO! That's great! What's the plan today? And what drinks to you have when you go out? Lately I've been a Jack and Coke Zero fanatic. At 69 calories per ounce, it's a great alternative for me!

159.6 this morning!!! OMG! I honestly never thought I'd see the 150s again. Once I'm under 155 I'm considered a normal weight according to BMI. Ya, I know BMI is flawed and outdated (I agree), but I still don't want to be considered overweight by the standard most doctors use!

On cloud 9 today being in the 150s and wearing my size 10s! Hope you ladies all have a good day!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #28  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
All those little successes do add up. Do you think something triggered the sugar binge? Or just totally sick of trying to lose weight (I know I certainly get sick of it)?
Oh yes, I know what triggers my sugar binges. SUGAR. That is not meant to be snarky, but the bottom line is that when I eat something that is cakey, or donuty, or candy, etc. my blood sugar goes whacko & all I want to do is.... EAT MORE SUGAR. I know it's bad. I know that eating sugar makes me want to eat sugar, and I know the best way to handle it is to NOT EAT IT AT ALL. But from experience, I have gotten completely off sugar twice in my past dieting life, and I swear, all it did was make me miserable after a few months. And when I finally "broke down"... you guessed it! - Crazy insatiable binges that led to gaining even MORE weight than I'd managed to lose. Sigh.

And yeah, I am totally sick of trying to lose weight. My dream is to be able to eat anything & everything I want & not gain a single ounce. But my mama already done tol'me that ain't happ'nin!! And so I continue to TRY to not gain anymore, and TRY to continue losing. I'm just... STUCK. Like a wildebeast in a tarpit. Ugh.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #29  
Dedicated Yogi

stephanie- that's awesome!! woooo 150's!! i don't think i've seen those....EVER. seriouly. EVER. how crazy is that? Stay in there!! i'd say if you exercise, you're already at a normal weight, but totally know the feeling of hitting a "normal" BMI. that's definitely my goal as well!

as for DRANKS, i drink rye and diets (so pretty much the same as jack and coke zero's. but you know, being canadian and all, gotta go for the canadian rye whiskey :P hahaha). the girlfriend i am going out with tonight is a wino and a half sometimes, i may sip on some red wine. my goal is to keep it at 2-3 drinks, TOPS.

beach patrol- i know what you mean by the sugar leads to more sugar. I LOOOOOOVE sugar. i consume 0 sugar (outside of fructose) during my regular days, but you know, sometimes...yum. i found what has worked the best for me in the past, is to hold out, and eat a REALLY small, and REALLY decadent dessert when it crosses my path. none of these regular cupcakes, no from the box cake, but if i see something that would be classified more as "food art" then, well, sugar from the box- then i don't even count. i indulge.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #30  
Stephanie

My day started out so wonderful, so why do I feel so horrible about myself 12 hours later?

I posted some before, and so-far, pics on my blog, and all I can see is how much weight I still have to lose. How can this be??? I look so much fatter in pictures than I do when I look in the mirror. I must have a totally distorted vision of myself. The scale tells me I should look relatively normal, but all I can see in the picture is FAT. I'm NOT looking for compliments or consolation, I just want to understand how to feel good about myself. UG, maybe I just won't take anymore pictures, problem solved. Sometimes I feel like I go out of my way to ensure my self confidence doesn't last long.

Last edited by LockItUp; 09-28-2012 at 09:24 PM.