Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 185/140/115

Height: 5'0 TALL

White rice. So much white rice. I'm Filipino, I bleed rice lol. Now I only have 1 cup a day.

The weather is warm all year round and my idea of cooling down is a big mug of cold soda almost every after meal.

I used to eat a lot of greasy fast food stuff. Fries mmm oh and lots of ice cream. Once I ate two whole pizza (14 inch, thin crust), 1 box of mojo potatoes and 2 liters of pepsi in a day. Thinking about how many calories I ate then makes me sick.

I never exercise. I hate walking. My idea of exercise is anything that makes me sweat.

If you told the me of 1 month ago that I'll be going on a weight-loss journey, I'd slap you and call you a liar.

Last edited by Nayshal; 09-25-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Nayshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

One of my low points was gulping down diet soda in the locker room after a workout at my gym

I once drank 12 diet sodas in ONE DAY!

Soaking popcorn in butter and salt at the movie theatre and eating a whoe bag of red vines

Eating out for lunch and dinner every day of the week

Easily consuming 2-4 sugary frozen strawberry margaritas and licking the salt off the rim

Eating too much...vomiting.. Then eating more...
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #33  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

I remember eating a bag of chips, candy bar, and a soda every day for lunch in high school.

I remember squeezing myself into 16's and wishing I had the options of going one size bigger in "normal" sizes if I had to.

I remember getting home from school, eating dinner, and then going out to a restaurant for ANOTHER dinner with my family.

I remember crying in dressing rooms.
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #34  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
portion control has always been super hard for me. first of all, most portion sizes listed on nutrition facts are nonsense. if you buy a 20 oz bottle of coke it tells you its 2.5 servings... yeah right. 2 slices of pizza, 1 ounce of chips, etc. by the time you total up what *i* considered a serving itd be like 3 or 4.

also, i remember destroying the inside of my mouth on many a bag of salt n vinegar chips, lol. theyre sooo good!

also stimkovs im sure i could still put one down happily. ah, sometimes i long for the days of eating whatever nonsense i wanted all the time.
LOL - I agree - who can eat 11 potato chips anyway!!! And I remember the sore tongue also! So on a side note, we were on the smoking thread last week-I just got my v2cigs, I'll let you know how they are.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #35  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

These are the things I never want to have again, at least until I'm 80! Acid reflux, achy knees, pain in lower back, no energy. Getting up, going to work, coming home and sitting on couch because I'm tired. Blah, I don't want this ever again.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #36  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
LOL - I agree - who can eat 11 potato chips anyway!!! And I remember the sore tongue also! So on a side note, we were on the smoking thread last week-I just got my v2cigs, I'll let you know how they are.

ooooooooh! awesome! PLEASE do let me know!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #37  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

I remember getting really angry with my (disabled) hubby when we were shopping as he walks so slowly and shopping together took us ages. My knees hurt so badly I would need a second trolley to lean on ( he leaned on the first trolley).
I cried when I went to buy myself a wedding dress last October.
I didn't want to spend money on clothes that I would still look so awful in.
I love pizza and chocolate and potato chips and have the odd day of eating everything in sight but mostly I am just glad to be on the way down instead of constantly on the way up.
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #38  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I guess I kind of miss eating out practically every night of the week...

Sometimes I really miss meeting friends for a drink and then having dinner... I always convinced myself "that it really wasn't "bad" at all" because I always skipped any bread before dinner and always ordered something "healthy" and would just have some sort of vegetable and no accompanying starch... and of course no dessert...

But once you start counting those calories from some drinks or some wine with dinner, they really start to add up and for me anyway my resolve pretty much goes out the window...

So now I skip the cocktail or wine... and just order an extra bottle of Pellegrino for the table...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Being achy and having low energy. Having to make sure I have everything I need before ascending stairs so I don't have to make a 2nd trip.

Having now what seems to be HUGE portions. I do "cheat" and I still can't even eat the size of portions I used to be it popcorn, pasta, or drinks.

Thinking I'd never be able to give up sugared soda (now they actually gross me out and I've finally kicked it--I did 3 times during pregnancy but now it's like I don't even MISS it).

I do miss eating out and not thinking "I'm paying $13 for a salad!" but problem solved, I just don't eat out and spend the money elsewhere or save it.

Hating any item of clothing that didn't have elastic and actually limiting my time out and about to 1-2 days a week so I could wear my sweats and yoga pants the rest of the time and be comfortable.

I do NOT miss having gigantic bras.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #40  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegoose13 View Post
I remember crying in dressing rooms.
I have cried in dressing rooms all over this town. You name a store that sells clothes and I probably cried in their dressing rooms.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #41  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Honestly, I think I blocked a lot of things out. Too painful. Enough things still linger though.

I remember not being able to breathe. Not that the asthma helped, but sometimes walking from one room to the next about killed me. I ended up in the ER a few times because I simply couldn't handle lugging my body around.

I remember crying because the closest parking we found for a convention was about a mile away from the center, and I wasn't sure I could walk it on top of being on my feet all day, and then walking back to the car again. I wasn't even near my highest weight.

I remember eating Burger King so often that the chicken sandwiches would make me feel sick after about halfway through. I haven't touched BK in about 6 years now and the thought of anything from there still turns my stomach.

I remember the waists of my jeans hurting, so I'd unfasten them as soon as I got home. I can't tell you how many zippers I broke by sitting down while wearing them unzipped! I'm not even sure how I justified it back then, but it certainly didn't seem like I was on my way to gaining another 100 pounds! Heck, I also remember complaining about how 2X's in the stores had gotten "smaller" . . . I certainly wasn't getting too big for them, right? If I picked up a bigger size it wasn't because the 2X's no longer fit me, it was because I wanted my shirts "baggy." Wow, was I delusional.

I remember shopping at a plus size store with a friend and leaving in a hurry so I could hide in the bathroom and cry. Why? I realized that they didn't have one pair of jeans that would even come close to fitting me: I was too fat for the fat store! No room to be delusional there.

I remember going through two Wisconsin winters with a coat that I could no longer zip up (a 26/28!), I'd gotten too big for it and couldn't afford to buy something that actually fit me.

I remember not being able to fit in the folding lunch tables when I was working with kids at a school. Well, I could fit if I sucked it in and kinda sat sideways. Oh, and not being able to do much actual playing with them outside of board games and coloring.

I remember hating to bend over for anything, even getting something from the bottom shelf of the fridge was a painful nightmare.

I remember food being the only thing I had in my life to look forward to and enjoy (very sad, now that I look back at it). But those were difficult personal times (angry and selfish boyfriend, loss of my parents, money issues, etc.) and I didn't know how to make things better. Worst of all, I remember feeling completely helpless and powerless to change. I'm not only amazed that I got started, but that I've made it this far.

Last edited by Elladorine; 09-25-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 168/121/112

Height: 5"2

If I had a take away in the past I would eat any leftovers (if there were any) later on or the next day cold... now the thought of this makes me feel sick so any leftovers I throw in the bin.

Also I would eat as normal the day after a take away but now Im usually still full til late on in the day
prillabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

I remember being at Six Flags over Georgia at my highest weight last october, jamming myself into the Scream Machine and having to have the attendant help me lock down the bar. Now, I love rollercoasters but that ride was absolutely terrifying, feeling like I was barely locked in there and knowing shiz could get real, real fast. That's when I knew something had to give.

But after reading all of these (keep em comin!), It's amazing to see how far we've all come. And yeah, we all miss those certain satisfying foods that still make us cry a little inside when we see everyone else eating them, but there's obviously sooo much crap that we've all been able to erase from our lives. Those foods will still be there for the occasional 'cheat', but all of that other crap can stay the **** away, am i right?
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #44  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

It's funny. I totally like how I eat now. I enjoy my food and the activity and feeling spritely. But I will not deny that I love food - all of it and that I could totally dig in and pig out.

Is it worth it? No... but when I have dieting breaks (last year around the holidays and this year around vacation), I enjoy myself. I don't go crazy, but I eat like the rest of the family - having a dessert when they have a dessert, eating bread, etc. I just can't eat that way for long or I start to look and feel bad.

We always ate very good dinners - lots of veggies, lean meats, etc. It was the lunches that killed me - full bag of cheetos. several bars of ice cream, etc. Could I do that again? Sure I could. Will I? No.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 242/219/140

Height: 5'10"

Eating at fast food 2x/day. I was so embarrassed because I'd order 4-6 items and I'd order more drinks so the people at the drive-thru would think I was just ordering for more than one person.

Eating a whole box of mac and cheese.

I used to eat a ginormous cookie every day for lunch.

Unzipping my pants immediately when I got home.

Switching to stretchy pants as I got heavier and heavier. If I didn't have to try on pants sizes and they were elastic, I wasn't gaining, right?

The list could go on and on...
BreakingUpWith90lbs is offline   Reply With Quote