Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:48 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Default Day 3

Yo! No more eating for the night so I'm reporting in now as follows:

My Report on Day Three

Calories 2245, Met Challenge? No

Exercise: Went to Gym? Yes

Gym Days Since Joined: 18

Didn't hit target on food (long story and I'm pledged to be brief and offer no excuses), but because of this commitment was able to stop the urge to binge and this splurge was lower than last week's highest calorie day. My total score on this challenge so far:

2.5 hits/.5 misses

Morrigan: Congrats on your son! Don't feel like Lone Ranger on the regain thing! But we can reverse the reverses!

Challengers!!! If I may digress from brevity for a brief reminder that WE CAN DO THIS! Really, we are so there!!! We're set! You bet!!!! Over and out!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 04-15-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:57 AM   #17  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

A fly-by to report completing Day 2 - yahoo! Today and tomorrow are both going to be crazy busy, so I may not be able to check in for a couple of days. Stay strong!
Old 04-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Did Pretty Good on Day 2.... only thing I missed was on the food... again.... I ate 1852 calories....

Gotta Run!!!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:14 PM   #19  
deleted2

Can I join in? I need some extra focus right now. I haven't done badly lately, but I feel like something is just "off" somewhere. I think I'm bored, maybe?

So I'll be posting my food/exercise in my 3FC journal. And if you don't see an entry that means I've fallen off the wagon and you have my permission to give me all shades of ****!
And I want to keep my body guessing by doing lots of different workouts. Here's what I have to choose from now: walking, Pilates, yoga, bellydancing, tae bo, dumbell routines, and if I get really bold I'll try the weight machine that's languishing in the basement. So I've got plenty there to keep me sweating!
Too much mindless eating lately, and my water intake is low, and I haven't been eating much fruit lately. I know what to do, I just have to be more vigilant about making a daily plan.

Old 04-16-2003, 05:38 PM   #20  
Empress/Queen

Day 4 & counting, doing fantastic, took class instead of treadmill for aerobics today, calories looking good so far. Advice: Don't ever move your scale. My new one was doing so well; moved it today, broke rule of not getting on except for Sunday; up 2.4 pounds!!

Welcome, Eydie, thou canst ALWAYS join in and we won't give thee h*** ... but this is a NO EXCUSES challenge, so no falling off wagon allowed.

I'm trying to be brief but I'd like to say something I've wanted to for a long time and that's to make a plea for anyone who wants to to not feel they can't post their food and exercise here ... I love the journals but the idea of a weight loss forum is to focus on and share what we are doing to lose or maintain the weight. I, for one, don't often have time to both post and go to the journal page but I long to see how challengers are accomplishing their goals. So if anyone is posting on the journals because they don't want to bother the thread with specifics, I (speaking only for me) would love to see the specifics right here ... anyhow we're only doing a week so how much cyberspace can we take up?

We've been doing well at remaining on topic and being focused!!! (Even me!)

Ok, returning to brevity, be back tomorrow with my report on Day 4!!
Old 04-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Day 3

oatmeal - 150
lattle - nonfat -100
sub sandwich - turkey - no mayo -300
small slice peach cake -200
muffin- 200
grape juice - 100

1050 so far 2:45 pm

another muffin - 200
a glass of wine - 200
a shrimp salad -300

1750 calories and I went to the gym!

Last edited by morrigan; 04-17-2003 at 02:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #22  
Hot Stuff

Default Day 3

Calories are at 1637, plan to burn 200 on the treadmill. Don't know what calories I might burn doing those back exercises, but I'm not worried about counting them. I've found that by getting on the treadmill at 8pm when my favorite nightly tv show is on that I can watch and walk at the same time. I feel too guilty now just sitting on the couch watching! Another 16oz of water and my day is complete.

Eydie, glad you joined us! This is working for me, hope it does for you, too.

Amarantha, I don't post my food journal here because I log it all into FitDay. Takes the guesswork out, for the most part, and I like being able to see the neat little graphs and reports. It is where I discovered that I am under the recommended daily intake for a lot of vitamins and minerals, and that's why I made taking my multi-vitamin part of this challenge!

Keep up the great work, girls!
Old 04-17-2003, 06:13 AM   #23  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hmmm... I've been journalling at "journaltosuccess" but it would be easier to do the one-stop shop thing. I think that's what I'll do after today, because the next several weeks are going to be tremendously busy. Plus it's great for accountability to put it all out there for people to see.

Yesterday I met all targets - woo-hoo! On with today...
Old 04-17-2003, 06:30 AM   #24  
deleted2

Good morning!

I have to dash of to work in a few minutes, so no time to work out this AM. Just for fun, I'm going to post my exercise plan for today and will check in later to tell you if the plan became reality!

4 miles treadmill
30 min. Pilates video
30 min. bellydance video

And I also plan to stay away from all empty calories at work today. [I'm the cook there and it's all so accessible.] Wish me luck!

Old 04-17-2003, 09:23 AM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Clarification ... didn't mean either that anyone should feel OBLIGED to journal on the thread ... just that in past I've felt some people felt they ought to do it somewhere else and I've wanted to encourage them to share here if it suits them. I don't usually because my nutrition s***s bigtime and also I just journal calories in a notebook and sometimes forget what I actually ate. Maybe sharing my menu should be my goal for another bootcampy week!

Wildfire: FitDay is cool but for me it's too many clicks ... I'd love to get that on a Palm Pilot to take with me in the day! Hmmm!

My Report on Day Four

Calories 1745, Met Challenge? Yes

Exercise: Went to Gym? Yes

Gym Days Since Joined: 19

WOOO-HOOO!!! WE CAN DO!!!

On to day 5! Luck to Eydie in staying away from all empty calories! (Luck to us ALL in that endeavor!)
Old 04-17-2003, 04:27 PM   #26  
deleted2

Happy to report that I met my workout goals!

4 miles treadmill [60 minutes]
30 min. belly dance video [nothing too aerobic, just learning some basic moves]
20 min. Pilates video
20 min yoga [a bonus!]

And don't tell, but I treated myself to doing some crazy free-form dancing in my living room too!

I'll post my food in my journal later. The day's not over yet--but so far so good. What a difference a day makes--I already feel stronger and dare I say, thinner! I'd like to keep my calories around 1500 calories most days.

I'll check in later. How's everybody doing?

Old 04-17-2003, 04:50 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I can't believe it. 4 days on track - it feels like a miricle. I avoided quesadillas for lunch at my grandparents - ate one slice instead of a 2 large tortillas worth. Had an apple and a spinach salad with fat free dressing when I got home.

so far for the day
oatmeal - 150
slice of quesadilla ? 80
apple - 100
spinach salad - 40

so far today - 370 calories

I am planning on going to the gym also. It is really silly - I send them $75 a month but havn't gone more than a handful of times since Wil (7 months old) was born. They even have a daycare right there. I work from 8-11 every day and mostly don't want to drive back into town. My new plan is to hit the gym every day at 4:00 even if it is only for 30 minutes. I feel really great that I made it there yesterday.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:56 PM   #28  
Hot Stuff

Default Day 4

Did okay today, though had to eat out tonight at a farewell party for two co-workers. Had a half portion of an open-faced chicken sandwich and just picked at a few fries. Even passed on a beer and had ice water.

Calories for the day are at 1425, with estimates for what I ate for dinner at the restaurant. I'm going to add a few strawberries as a snack, and with what I burn on the treadmill I should still be okay even my estimates are off.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to drop in and say did Good on Day 3 ........ Running late talk to you later....
Old 04-17-2003, 11:10 PM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Yo! I'm reporting Day 5 early as I'm totally committed to making it through and know I will. As V. saith, we aren't entertaining any o' them failure thoughts here!

My Report on Day 5:

Calories 1810, Met Challenge? Yes

Exercise: Went to Gym? Yes (upper body/core/cardio)

Gym Days Since Joined: 20

Over and out!!!!

Closed Thread