Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #31  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbot24 View Post
Warning....TMI!

My fiancé commented that during....intimacy....he's noticed I wrap my legs around his waist sometimes, something my thighs were previously too flabby to accomplish! Also, he says I'm generally more flexible in bed.

Huzzah?!

This... I can do way more positions because, well, my thighs aren't in the way anymore!

Also, I can sit on my kitchen counter without any real effort. I've never been able to do that. I always thought it was cause I was too short. XD
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #32  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, and something else I thought of . . . jeans fit me better now. No, not because I'm getting into smaller sizes, but because my overall shape is changing. It seems most companies believe that all women are hourglass-shaped. If only! My waist is significantly larger than my hips, and nearly every pair of jeans I've tried on assume my waist is smaller than my hips. Which makes fitting into anything properly extremely difficult. If they were big enough to button, my thighs and butt were swimming in them! If they fit my hips and butt ok, there was no way I'd be able to button them up. So frustrating! But that's beginning to change now as my body seems to be reaching more "normal" proportions. I still have the issue, but it's not so noticeably extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellig19 View Post
OMG, so glad someone hasn't lost weight in their feet. When I read this thread I was heartbroken. My feet are large and I have carefully cultivated an extensive and drool worthy collection of size 11 high heels that I ADORE. I can't imagine suddenly not fitting them!! It took me years and years to get a good selection. I don't know how it is in the States but in Canada 11's aren't super easy to find...especially in smaller towns. Every store stops at 10!

Thank you for chiming in. You have set me at ease. I can't imagine losing weight in my feet anyway since they are quite svelte and boney to begin with and I've lost 60 lbs, no change. Also, I'm an hourglass so I don't think body shape as anything to do with it. Probably bone size? I dunno...human bodies are weird.
Oh, I totally get what your'e saying. I've got a friend that often complained that all the "cute" shoes stopped at 10's and she's in an 11 (she's very tall). I've felt lucky that I've had decent luck with shoes and although I've seen 11's in most stores, the selection is incredibly small compared to the other sizes.

I'm not sure if it's true, but I read somewhere that the number of fat cells we have on our body never changes, but the size of them do. Which is supposed to be why everyone has their own problem areas; the are already more cells in certain areas on some people, but it's likely unnoticeable unless there's excess weight! Like I said I'm not sure if it's true, but if neither you nor I have that many fat cells in our feet, that would explain things.

If your feet already feel svelte and bony, I imagine your size isn't going to change. I mean, I'm already quite sure my size won't get any smaller because the bones in my feet are simply too long from heel to toe to fit in a 9 or less.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

-I love how I no longer feel like if I can't do something, it's automatically because I'm overweight. Now, if I can't run a few miles, it is because I am not fit enough yet. If I can't surf, it's because I have terrible balance on boards. If I can't do that hip swivel in zumba, well, I'm just a little too white to dance like that.
-I love wearing white t shirts and jeans. I'm surprised just how much I love this casual outfit.
-I was also surprised at the feet change! only about 1 size, but it sure is nice to be in 9's instead of 10's.
-I'm actually surprised at how little my pant size changed. I went from a 16/18 to a 10/12 with a 40 lb weight loss. But I stopped looking at the numbers and just look at my figure.
-More than anything, my most unexpected advantage has been my new career. You would NEVER have seen me as a personal trainer at 200 lbs! Now that I'm 160 (and a fit 160 at that; I just want to get down another 10 lbs and tone up!), I have a completely new career!
-
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

The explanation I read on the shoe size thing is that it affects people with naturally higher arches more. When you're heavier, the flexible arch is flattened more, so your foot is longer. When you lose weight, it starts to spring back up. I have lost a full shoe size.

But to the poster with the shoe collection - I hope yours stays the same!!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #35  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I have to jump in about shoe size too My feet haven't changed either. I can maybe get a half size smaller, but I'm still in the same shoe sizes most of the time.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 132/116.6/114

Height: 5'2"

Pointy shoulders/more angular upper body. More definition in my abs (which isn't subject to fluctuation quite as much as before) and just feeling 'tighter' all over.

Just feeling stronger in general from doing Chalean Extreme weight/strength training.

I also think being physically stronger has improved my mental outlook on life/work and helped me stay more focused and balanced.

Also, I don't feel as though my life is ruled by a weight loss mindset anymore, maintenance has just become a regular part of my routine: track what I eat in myfitnesspal, and work out. Treats are OKAY and nothing to be afraid of, but food is NOT the centre of my universe now.

Plus, I am much more sensible about resting my body when necessary (this week I took a break from any workouts because I was exhausted/run down) and not beating myself up over it.

Precious Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #37  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Noticed this one today: don't feel my gut resting mid thigh when I sit! Still resting, but much farther away from my knees!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #38  

Height: 5'1

I don't want to lose weight in my feet. I'm only a UK 3 and a half (US 4?)! I'm about to go on a spree of buying new shoes at Christmas I'll be so upset if they don't fit me in a couple of months.

Advantages I have noticed:
- I'm feel so much better about myself and I untag a lot less pictures on facebook now.
- I can cross my legs a lot easier.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote