Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 175/134/125

Height: 5'3

I'm thrilled to read that people did have smaller feet after weight loss. I have not been able to fit into any of my pre-pregnancy shoes for almost 4 years. I have bought back some of my favorites in larger sizes. But I would still like to get back into my old shoes.
Betty Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 PM   #17  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Thanks for this thread. It's inspirational!

I am just beginning the journey (finally), but I am so looking forward to smaller feet!
GardenBurglar, I can relate to every item. I cannot wait to be where you are!

My Looking Forward To feeling is the ability to go back to my used-to-be-favorite mediterranean cafe. The lock on their unisex bathroom didn't work so well and once a fellow who works there barged in on me. I have to lose enough weight to be UNrecognizable before I step back into that place!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: S290/C ticker/G 190

Height: 5'11"

I haven't been doing this long, but I love my new energy and the positive spin this has put on me in general. I had really let my needs get lost in the shuffle of family, and losing weight has forced me to put at least a few things back on my front page. I find I'm more inclined to dress nicer, take myself more seriously, and generally feel more confident as I've been remembering what it's like to be in charge of myself rather than letting myself saunter off with a big pile of junk food unchallenged.
scoutycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #19  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Hi everyone. Well only in the last 15 pounds (from about 225#s until presently) I have noticed:

~ My wedding rings are too big, I need to wear cheapo placeholders until I finish losing weight to get them resized.

~My face pretty much all of it but especially my jawline. My reaction was I looked like I had a facelift! My mom said I look like myself from highschool. The neat thing there is I'm 42! I still have more to lose so I hope this gets better too.

~ The calves, I wear boots so zipping a regular boot up over jeans is a cinch now.

Those are the biggest changes thus far .. Otherwise I can walk stairs (a flight at a time) w/o huffing/puffing. That is an acomplishment too.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I've noticed that I'm losing my pear shape. I've also been doing a lot of excercise, including some weight training and body balance, and my shoulders have gotten a more angular look. My hips have also shunk more than I thought they would, and my boobs (which are small) have only shrunk a little. I thought that I was losing a lot of weight from them actually, but they don't look any smaller cause I've been losing more everywhere else.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Not only am I losing weight, but my husband is losing weight too! We are also becoming more conscious of our health and our choices together. A definite plus for both of us.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

I don't know if these were entirely unexpected, but:

-I am much more comfortable sitting. I can cross my legs for a lot longer without my legs going to sleep, but I also don't mind sitting with my legs regular in front of me, where before I was only comfortable crossing my legs because if how my legs looked.

-Running and jumping is noticeably easier, especially the spontaneous kind! I find myself hopping up steps or sprinting to go get something needing hardly any energy, whereas before if I were tired I wouldn't feel able to very easily. Now taking off running feels a lot closer to effortless, regardless of how much energy I have. I love it.

-Sweating less!!

-Probably more precisely due to better nutrition and exercise habits than just we weight loss, but I find I don't need as much sleep. I used to feel I always needed nine or ten hours, but now I can feel great after seven or even the occasional six! That was very surprising.

Last edited by mottainai; 11-16-2012 at 06:08 AM.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #23  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

My weight loss has inspired my friends and family. My whole immediate family is eating healthy and exercising, and some close family friends are also eating healthy.

It's the best thing that I never expected to happen I'm so glad that they're all making changes for the better.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Warning....TMI!

My fiancé commented that during....intimacy....he's noticed I wrap my legs around his waist sometimes, something my thighs were previously too flabby to accomplish! Also, he says I'm generally more flexible in bed.

Huzzah?!
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

When flying in coach, I can now reach under the seat in front of me easily to get to my bag or to get my shoes that I've kicked off. In the past my belly got in the way and I always had to make sure I looped the strap of my bag into the seatback pocket so I could reach it, and I'd keep my shoes on. I was in denial so I thought it was just because I lacked flexibility in my back. Also, I fit much better into the airline seats and I'm a lot more comfortable. I fly about twice a month, usually coast to coast, so this has been a huge unexpected bonus for me.
annieway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #26  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

My feet shrunk too. I went from a size 12 to a ten wide. I'm not wearing out a cheap bra every six weeks any more either because I can buy them off the rack in the right size!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

Same here with my feet. Went from 10's to 9 1/2 now I headed for 9's.
I also don't crave fast foods like I use too or just eating out at restaurants. In fact now when my family is having a get together at a restaurant I just go to be with family and would rather we just got together at someone's house instead. But than again we'll still be eating so I guess in the long run it doesn't matter. lol
With talking about eating bad foods I'm not tempted by unhealthy foods in general. I'll have a dessert here and there but offer me a donut and majority of the time I will say "no." I'll let myself have one once a month or so now.
Also noticed my skin is a lot better and looks healthier too!

Last edited by dragonstar85; 11-16-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: to mumble on some more
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #28  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Funny, I've lost 130 pounds now and my shoe size is still a ten. I understand how a lot of people gain weight in even their feet, but I find it funny that even at my highest weight my feet and ankles were downright bony. Maybe because I'm an apple and most of my excess weight is around my middle? I've definitely lost in my fingers and wrists though; I'm guessing my ring size is either a 7 or a 7˝ (my current 8's are pretty loose on me) when it used to be a 10! And I can wear bracelets easily now when in the past I'd be lucky to get them to wrap around my wrist.

Speaking of rings, it seems whenever I'd browse them at stores like Claire's back in the day, the most common size was 7. Now I'm seeing 8's all over the place, and lots of 9's and 10's. Back when I wore a 10 I couldn't find them anywhere at all!

I've noticed recently that I'm just a lot more flexible in general, basically because I've got less of a belly to get in my way. Getting in and out of the car, while not difficult in ages, has been notably easier than it was a few months ago. I can also bend over easier to clean up the yard, when it used to be a huge strain I'd have to hold my breath over. It's exciting to know that this will get even easier over time!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #29  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

The last time I rode a roller coaster that has one of those pull-down harnesses that strap you in (not the bar) was about 10 years ago when I was 330 pounds. I remember that I just BARELY fit into the seat that had the larger harness. Since then I my weight has gone up, and I have never even tried to go on a roller coaster at a theme park. Well, I just got below 330 again for the first time in 10 years. It just occurred to me the other day that was sortofa milestone / NSV.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
Funny, I've lost 130 pounds now and my shoe size is still a ten. I understand how a lot of people gain weight in even their feet, but I find it funny that even at my highest weight my feet and ankles were downright bony. Maybe because I'm an apple and most of my excess weight is around my middle?
OMG, so glad someone hasn't lost weight in their feet. When I read this thread I was heartbroken. My feet are large and I have carefully cultivated an extensive and drool worthy collection of size 11 high heels that I ADORE. I can't imagine suddenly not fitting them!! It took me years and years to get a good selection. I don't know how it is in the States but in Canada 11's aren't super easy to find...especially in smaller towns. Every store stops at 10!

Thank you for chiming in. You have set me at ease. I can't imagine losing weight in my feet anyway since they are quite svelte and boney to begin with and I've lost 60 lbs, no change. Also, I'm an hourglass so I don't think body shape as anything to do with it. Probably bone size? I dunno...human bodies are weird.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote