Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #16  
Dancer need to lose some

S/C/G: 160/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Here is a thread for intermittent fasters: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-other-if.html
Why, thank you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoinDown View Post
Lol, she's not going to starve by intermittent fasting. She's getting her necessary calories for the day, just in a shorter period of time.

Plenty of bodybuilders live a lifestyle of intermittent fasting and last time I checked... bodybuilders ain't wasting away.

And honestly, even straight water fasting is not going to do major damage to most healthy people, if it's under 21 days. Truth of the matter is, whenever you lose weight, you are going to lose muscle also, that's just a fact of life. You can counteract that by lifting while losing, but that's the only way around it. You'll also lose muscle if you're not getting enough protein, if you're doing too much cardio, etc...

Everybody is so quick to jump up and scream "THAT'S DANGEROUS" Without having any real facts or understanding of what they're talking about.
Well said, thank you...
Hotpink88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #17  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

to the OP (hotpink)

i have some more questions about intermittent fasting. could you PM me? theres no option on your profile for me to send you a message.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #18  
Dancer need to lose some

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
to the OP (hotpink)

i have some more questions about intermittent fasting. could you PM me? theres no option on your profile for me to send you a message.
Humm, I can't either... If you have yahoo or google we can chat that way.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #19  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGoinDown View Post
Lol, she's not going to starve by intermittent fasting. She's getting her necessary calories for the day, just in a shorter period of time.

Plenty of bodybuilders live a lifestyle of intermittent fasting and last time I checked... bodybuilders ain't wasting away.

And honestly, even straight water fasting is not going to do major damage to most healthy people, if it's under 21 days. Truth of the matter is, whenever you lose weight, you are going to lose muscle also, that's just a fact of life. You can counteract that by lifting while losing, but that's the only way around it. You'll also lose muscle if you're not getting enough protein, if you're doing too much cardio, etc...

Everybody is so quick to jump up and scream "THAT'S DANGEROUS" Without having any real facts or understanding of what they're talking about.
I'm all about facts and understanding. I suggest you do a bit more research.

There is a significant difference between intermittant fasting and water fasting as the terms are generally used. You just made up something and reported it as a fact. 21 days is not a magic number. Depending on one's prior diet and medications it is possible to die from fasting in a very short period of time. On the other hand one of my co-workers went on a 78 day water fast (no food except strained vegtable broth) and his health was just fine.

Finally - there is no reason given sufficient protein and the proper protocol that one would lose any muscle mass while dieting until such time that you become extremely lean.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #20  
Dancer need to lose some

27 you can take it down now.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 AM   #21  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotpink88 View Post
27 you can take it down now.
ok. shoot me an email. its that name @gmail.com

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-12-2012 at 03:10 AM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #22  
Dancer need to lose some

27 I invited you to be my friend on Google chat.