Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #61  

Misti, congratulations on hitting the 50lbs down!
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone! hope all is well

Today looks like:

Breakfast :

1/2 cup honeydew- 60
1 chicken salad sandwich - 250

Snack -
1 string cheese - 80 cals
1 grande berry refresher from sbux- 70 cals

Dinner -

1/2 cup of chicken salad - 200 cals
1 slice of bread - 90 cals
1/2 cup fettucine alfredo - 300 cals

Calories - 1260 calories. Carb heavy.. uhh oh!
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #63  

Height: 5'8.5"

Thanks, everyone! Just got back from the doctor and her scale weighed me at 257... fully clothed and after eating breakfast. This is the second time in a row her scale has weighed me a bit less than mine. Woooohooooo so I suspect I am down a pound or two less than my scale is weighing me.

LOL I found out I am eating exactly the WRONG things to keep my stomach from going so crazy. She said to cut back on the bananas and apples and eat more blueberries and even prunes. So bought some of both.

I've gotten a lot accomplished on my extra day off so that is a nice feeling.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #64  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Misti Congrats on the 50 pounds! Good job on planning ahead with your workouts.

Lauren Great job on getting the exercise done for the day! How was your weigh in? Sending you vibes.

Serentiy I hope you are feeling better from your TTOM. I have been through some changes with my weight loss. It got a lot better for a time and now it's back to being bad. Good job on tackling Ripped in 30. Those are tough workouts.

Rasagolla Hi and Welcome to the check-in! I don't think a 1/2 cup of rice will undo things for you. I think it's only about 90 calories. You can work that into your calories. Great job on your workout.

Steph The home project will be done before you know it. I hope the roofer can get the roof figured out.

Ilovemo Hi Your calories are good. Some days are like that with the carbs.

Itsmyturn and anyone that wants a laugh for the day:
Exercise: Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning

Have I mentioned that these workouts are hard? Geesh! I think anything but straight cardio (kickboxing, etc) is hard for me. And please tell me, exactly what is the point behind all of these different types of push ups? Ah, I see, they are to torture me in different positions. Well, I have 3 1/2 weeks left to work my way up with these. Ah, like I did with the last ones, right? Oh, the problem with that is they never got easy, either. I guess I will have 3 1/2 weeks of poking fun at myself.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have DOM's from this new set of workouts. Every time I move I feel a DOM in a new and different place.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Roast Beef 400 calories
2 Orders green beans 200 calories
1 Order turnip greens 100 calories
I also had some raw celery. I'm not sure on the calories. I don't think the green beans are 200 calories, so it all works out.

Exercise:
Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning
Old 09-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #66  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Came darned close to blowing it today but I kept repeating to myself that I have made a commitment to myself to live a healthier life. I made it through an urge to eat a chocolate bar. Even though it would not have put me over on calories, it was the right and healthy choice to make. I stuck to the program!
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #67  
Warrior Princess

Congrats to Misti!

Tuesdays are usually our most grueling work day so I almost always take them off from Jillian. I just feel bad about it tonight because I got lazy over the holiday weekend. Oh well. My calories were low but I had a bit too much sodium..as always. :/

Onward with Jillian tomorrow night.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #68  

Height: 5'8.5"

Today's stats

Early morning (pre-workout)
1 slice dry Whole Grain Goodness toast

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
1 slice dry Whole Grain Goodness toast
3 baby dill pickles

Lunch
"Give-away" snacks from Costco

Snack
4 prunes

Dinner
Roasted chicken
Green beans
Yam, thinly sliced, seasoned and baked

Snack
Small bowl cottage cheese
Fresh blueberries

Workout
1.5 hours pool

AM Weight

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #69  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I know there are some new people checking in with us this month. I feel the need to explain my situation. I was recently diagnosed with IgE receptor antibody (for Angio Edema). I was battling, what I thought was a food allergy for a long time. It wasn't a food allergy. My body produces an antibody and my body thinks it's allergic. This can happen with stress or a medicine or whenever it decides. There is no fixing this problem except for keeping stress low and taking a daily antihistamine. Also, on the same day as this diagnosis, I found out that I have shingles. I took the prescription regimen for this. The last day being Monday. I have been gaining water weight since all of this has been going on. Also, my Endo has had to increase my thyroid meds twice in recent months. Hopefully it's just going to take some time for my body to regulate. I can't imagine gaining this much weight with eating on plan, in my calorie range, and exercising daily. I didn't even gain this much weight from eating off plan on a 10 day vacation. So basically, I have a weird situation going on. I am frustrated, but I am continuing to do what worked all of these years.

Today is my monthly hair appointment. We will also go to the Japanese restaurant. I will eat the same as I always have. Just hoping things will regulate soon.

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 154.8
Up: 1.2 pounds

worththeeffort2 Great job sticking to your plan.

novangel Work it hard with your JM's workout today!

Misti Did you drink your alchemy tonic yesterday?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:00 AM   #70  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone,

Diana I hope it regulates soon. What a PITA. Positive thinking, right? Flush the stress...yeah, easier said than done. I like how we get sick due to stress and then get told, calm down, let it go. But then it's viscous cycle...can't let it go, who likes being sick or gaining weight. Blah! I know you'll get through this, you are a very tough lady

Misti awesome! It's always nice to see the scale dip lower instead of higher at the doctor's office. That never happens for me Congrats on 50lbs down. You are doing amazing. Do you like prunes? I can only eat one at a time, they are just too flavorful. Berries are awesome for you.

novangel hope you have a rocking time with Jullian today.

worththeeffort I'm glad you made it through yesterday...you really are worth the effort.

Serenity I had a friend who had the Norplants. She showed me her arm and I grossed out. I don't gross out on anything, but that got to me. She got sick from them too and cut them out on her own...grossssssss. I tried staying away from added hormones, but had to use the pill to stop periods, if they passed a 4 month mark. My last period I waited 6months (stupid stupid stupid, I nearly died because I was stupid). My Doc knows I want to go without, but we'll see how things go. I just have so many other chemistry changing meds that I just wonder what the heck, I'm like without it...dangerous

It's Wednesday and I survived another trip into New Haven. Had a lovely experience with therapist...NOT. She said I have anger issues. You think? Isn't that what I'm paying her for? She normally just says, "well, that's our time." Yesterday she said, "are you okay to leave now?" I laughed. I said, I've been "angry" since I "understood" the emotion, hatred. That's a long time. She asked again...I laughed, what does she think I'm going to do? And the sad truth is, she probably worries she's letting go another possible theatre killer. I don't have access to guns though, nor do I have it in me to kill people I don't know. And all the people I want dead are dead and not by my hand. I'm a good girl She's got to cover her butt, though. I respect that. I wish I could see how she saw me though, since she seemed so freaked out. Just how angry am I? Such a loaded question.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!

Last edited by mamakat; 09-05-2012 at 08:04 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Misti! WTG on the 50! I'll be googling quejos too, it sounds good. I always hate finding out I thought something I was eating which is "usually" good for most, is screwing me up in some way. Bananas give me heartburn, so have to watch that. Greek yogurt, fine...regular yogurt no go. It's all so frustrating at times.

Rasagolla.

Oh Steph I have that same scale issue it irritates me to no end. One week it showed me a full 10 pounds (nearly) lighter than the night before. REALLY? Um no. I thought I'd have to get a new scale, but it's been fine since..I have no idea what the dealio was. Glad your remodel is underway though.

IloveMo one thing about journaling or keeping track of what I'm eating is I can sense trends. I think it's great you're figuring out what's going on and then you can make a plan to change it the way you want. I notice that with carbs too sometimes, but I do drink 2 (sometimes 3) protein shakes a day because I need it. I had won this free DNA testing thing (which honestly I think is generally bunk) but anyway the test said I needed more protein, i.e., kind of like Zone diet, and my doctor is a big proponent of it so I aim to get it at least 20% a day (if not 30%), but it is hard!

Diana they are tough, but at least you can modify. Yesterday's CardioKarate she was doing jump down into plank, do a sommersault, and stand right back up...first of all I'm NOT rolling over my toe AT ALL so I had to modify that and second there is no way in heck I have the room to do it without REALLY being tense in my entire body hoping I don't hit something. So far that's 2 out of the 3 I've tried that needs modification, although not as much as the 64 pull ups of Saturday. Really I don't think I know many people (maybe 4?) that CAN do 64 pull ups, let alone with all the ab work he does. Sigh. Today Ripped is on the schedule again and of course he he.

WorthTheEffort! Isn't that a great feeling? You're in control!

NovaAngel I'm doing Jillian this morning. I really like her Ripped in 30 so far...well not necessarily while I'm doing it sometimes I'm like

MamaKat I do know what you mean, they ARE freaky looking and my current husband never saw the implants (they were gone before we met) but my ex was fascinated by them..in a creepy way (like they creeped him out). It was funny. about your friend taking them out, but you know---I would have had I not had insurance at that time. I mean it was bad. I'm with you on the hormones too, I use bioidentical ones which "so far" have been proven to be safer..but like everything I'm sure in 20 years there will be people on TV saying "if you or a loved one have ever taken the drug..." commercial. For now the ends is justifying the means. Ideally I'd be on nothing, but you know how that goes.

Yesterday was good, except for having to modify some (maybe 10%) of the CardioKarate because gee I don't have a 20 x 20 foot cleared area for sommersaults..go figure I wish sometimes these home exercise producers would THINK that some people have less space than I do, I have a house. I cannot imagine doing this in a studio apartment. Anyway I did that and then 55 of yoga. Calories were 1110.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #72  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - that is a hilarious picture in my head with you and the workouts, My time to be laughed at is coming next week

I will catch up with personals later...

The BBQ was awesome! Everyone had such a great time Mamakat - The town was San Tan Valley. It's a newer development in the last 5 years or so by Cave Creek.

Got home from work and did schooling last night, then right into my Insanity recovery week restart day 2. Was nice to get back on it. Today will try to kick out some stuff I have put off and hopefully have a productive day. Hope you all enjoy the day and stay healthy!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'6

Hey you guys! I´m really excited about being here, and would love to participate with your daily check-in. I´m starting the "Carb-lover´s diet" next week, has anyone tried it?
healthandpositivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Insanity questions....does it involve tons of floor space? DH is racking his brain on what to get me for my birthday and I want a new system, although I AM going to be doing Jillian's first. How long are the workouts? This isn't a rush rush thing because like I said I've got Jillian's which is 90 days (and I'm still waiting on it so it won't start until next week or the following). But I thought CardioKarate would work, unfortunately I'm finding it's a space hog and you REALLY need the pull up bar to use some of the DVDs.

ItsMyTurn glad the BBQ went well! Your post reminded me about Insanity

HealthandPositivity I have the book and read it when it came out. I think it's a sound plan, but I'm following sort of The Simple Diet (James Anderson M.D.) and calorie counting because there are days I do eat food I cook. and I hope to see you checking in
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #75  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityDiva
NovaAngel I'm doing Jillian this morning. I really like her Ripped in 30 so far...well not necessarily while I'm doing it sometimes I'm like
She's brutal, no doubt. I'm guilty of calling her names myself. Wait till you get to L3, I did it once and never want back. I'll give it a go again sometime soon but will definitely need to mentally prepare first. 30 Day Shred I did better with. That's still my favorite DVD.

I always work out at night so I will BBL to report. Have a nice day everyone.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote