Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #1  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Default 3 lbs in one week. Too much?

Hi everyone,

I'm having a great August dropping pounds and possibly inches and I am inching closer and closer to my second goal of getting out of the 230's. I'm losing 1 to 2 lbs per week.

Just wondering is losing 3 lbs just for one week a lot? I'm committed to eating healthy, watching the calories and I'm increasing my cardio for the next week. This will not be ongoing, just more of a mental challenge to reach my second goal.

Thanks for reading.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Is it too much? IMO, no. It's high to shoot for every single week (like you said), but it'll happen sometimes. I've had 3 pound losses for the week without doing ANYTHING different, but then usually the next week I'll lose only 1, or maybe a half, or sometimes even none. I've had a gain on weeks I've done everything perfectly and have been expecting a huge number. There's really no predicting it.

Goals are great! As long as you are prepared for the fact that it may not happen the way you plan even if all the numbers and calculations say otherwise. Our bodies are not a mathmatical equations (I'm saying that now for my own sake as much as yours because I still expect differently sometimes). But, sometimes it DOES workout the way we plan! So there's always that!

Good luck!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #3  
Maintaining since 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post LockItUp. It was very helpful. I've decided to keep doing what I am doing and not worry about the scale.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #4  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I would say that 3lbs isn't too much too lost in one week - as long as you're not starving yourself on some sort of 500 calorie diet. If you're eating a reasonable amount of calories, people who start at higher weights can see that kind of loss in a week.

I think the highest weekly total for me was right at the start when I lost 7 lbs - probably water weight. Since then I can see anywhere between 0 - 5lbs with an average of around 2 lbs a week. It's strange how that can fluctuate wildly even though you're eating right on plan, so don't be discouraged should you see that.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #5  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

I think loosing 3 pounds really isn't that bad for ya when you're in the 200's since those of us in the 200's still have a lot to loose, but see it being something harder to achieve once in onederland. I average 2-3pounds a week right now while I'm in the 200's and don't find it hard/depriving.
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I lost pretty steadily all along, with the average being about 2.5 pounds per week. Some weeks I lost as little as .2 pounds or as much as 4.5 pounds. One week I lost nothing. My eating and exercise plan was pretty much the same the whole time. Good luck.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 08-16-2012 at 11:49 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #7  
Maintaining since 2013

Thanks for the replies! I'm actually down 3 lbs since Tuesday morning, so I guess it wasn't too much for me because I feel good and not hungry - but I had to work hard this week.

Vex - I am eating properly throughout the day and I do forget with added water weight scales can go the other way. Thanks for the reminder.

mccull83- You made such a good point. Not only that but I'm on the taller side so it's even harder to tell. I think that's why I used to give up when I tried to lose weight in the past. I never weighed myself and I never so progress with the way I looked so I said forget it. Seeing the numbers go down every week definitely helps to keep me motivated.

linJber - Thanks! I'm learning it truly is all about consistency. Good job with your steady weight loss and reaching your goal!!