Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 01:09 PM   #16  

Woohoo! Tina has got some of that gumption I am talking about! Yeah for you! I am so proud of you. The only thing I would have done different is to ask the woman what her daughters were doing on YOUR property in the first place? It is time we stood up for ourselves. Good for you and give little ole Trey a big kiss from us! He is a great little boy to hold himself together when the little pests are bothering him!

You ladies have a good day. I am way behind because I got caught up watching this great movie called Morning Glory and it just finished so I have to hope in the shower.

Donna
Old 04-08-2003, 02:00 PM   #17  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCKY, RELAX, LAUGH AND ENJOY

Good day,
Have been really struggling with the food lately, and have been feeling like crap because of it. I know when I don't get enough water in, I start getting headaches, and I can barley move, with out looking like an old women ( no offence meant) my bones just ache and creak. Woke up this morning with a huge headache, so decided that I need to fix this and start fresh once again. So I'm jumping back on the wagon, and will watch out for those pot holes, cause I don't want to fall off again.

On the way to work this morning, the truck ( the one we just bought ) was acting up, losing power, chugging making weird noises, I was about 3 miles from work, and I slowed down to turn, and all the power left, so I'm figuring I ran out of gas, weve been having trouble with the carborator, I just filled up on Sunday night, so I should have lots of gas, but DF thinks we might have a hole in the gas tank, So needles to say I had to wave down one of the operators, to stop and give me a ride to work. Fun fun. DF can drive this truck from now on.

Thin I just wanted to thank you for the B-day card that was a nice little surprise, wasn't expecting that.

Well gotta get back to work,
Chow for now,
Old 04-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #18  
a work in progress...

Smile Happy Birthday, Lucky!

Happy Birthday, Dear Lucky...

Happy Birthday to yoooooooooooooou!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

I found this quote on another thread. Thought it was appropriate to post here too. Hope you like it as much as I do.
Quote:
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company,,,a church,,,a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change the fact that people act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude,,,I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you,,,we are in charge of our ATTITUDES.
ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING !!!!
Old 04-08-2003, 02:55 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

I can't think of a better birthday present than for you to get that new job....so all good birthday/new job wishes are coming your way!!

Geez after a slow weekend...every one's back!

Tina...you are my hero! Good for you!! Look out for Mama Bear!

Thin, you have my vote! I'll just bet you're a hellraiser! That's just what these school boards need...good for you!

Sandy...I just gotta say, I thought you were actually going to "play" Easter Bunny at Walmart too! "She's a better person than I am..." went though my mind!

ah crap...I've been summoned...Hi to everyone else, in case I don't get back...same ol' story, gotta make dinner, drive to karate, then Scouts, work tonight...

take care all...
Old 04-08-2003, 04:05 PM   #21  

Default The Easter Bunny

My dear chicklets,
I did not go to play the Easter Bunny for real......but what an idea, I would do that, I think it would be a blast to see all the little kids smile. I actually went to buy stuff for the Easter Bunny to do the magic things he does at my house on Easter Eve....LOL is that a real thing? Anyway, got all the candy and got them each a movie for their baskets.

Tina: Wow, you got me shaking in my boots Remind me not to tangle with you. But, I know what you mean about neighbor kids. I'm still having trouble with the ones down the road. I hate that everyone on this road seems to think it's perfectly fine to send their kids to my house. I mean I like the fact that the kids have friends and they like it here and the parents let them come. But, isn't there a point to which you are waring your welcome out big time? I mean these 2 girls down the road are here everyday like 5 minutes after the bus drops them off and they don't leave till I drive them off a supper time. And they expect me to give snacks and juices. I mean I worked all day and this is not an afterschool daycare (free at that????) Then sometimes my oldest Evan does not want to go out and play and then my youngest is screaming and crying cause the kids will leave cause they don't want to play with a 5 year old~they are all older. This seems to be an everyday event lately, and it seems like I pray for rain just to get a break. I mean even on days that the kids have off of school, I swear they watch for my car to go by and they are here before I even make it through the door. I swear some parents don't have a clue. I hate to be the ***** o the road but enough is enough and with summer fast approaching I can only immagine what it will be like.

Okay girlies gotta run,
Hugs,
Old 04-08-2003, 04:21 PM   #22  

Talking Another Day in PA

Hi all again!

I got my order from Silhouettes today, my first time ordering anything from them. So I get the order and figure what the heck, try the stuff I ordered on and see how it fits. Of course, when I ordered the stuff in the first place, I had to refer to their size chart, so I was really flying blind. Anyway, when I tried everything on, in the 2X/3X......

THEY FIT!!!!!

The outfit in the 4x has to be sent back, though...guess I miscalculated that one... any chance I am smaller than I think I am?

And on the subject of handsome dark haired s we were discussing yesterday, Donna, here's a pic of my beloved favorite QB, Mr. Maddox (not the most fantastic, but the best I could find so far): Hopefully, once next season commences, I can get some better ones...OR:

He decides to make an appearance at the benefit Easter Brunch/Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday (got to remember to bring the camera, just in case)!
Old 04-08-2003, 04:58 PM   #23  

Donna... somehow I missed your reply earlier. I don't know how... but I did.

I hope you did not think I was accusing you of being dishonest. I was not.
I was confussed and "concerned". I know all too well about scales that are incapable of weighing people "of size". Like I told the story about myself... a scale showed I had gained 23 lbs and LOST 100lbs all at the same time.
I just don't know how accurate/reliable any of these scales are unless it is at WW where they are tested regularly. AND the bottom line is... it really does not matter what the "numbers" say. What is important is our health.

I know being overweight is not healthy. Neither is being too thin. Many people substitute one for the other. I am happy to hear that you are just blessed with an extra ordinary quick weight loss and that you have not gone from eating too much to not eating enough.
Your amazing weight loss (85lbs in 3 months) did concern me.... But then... I am the only one who worrys that Sara's arms are too thin too. I can't help myself. I care. I would like to see her at her original goal of 150. I guess I just like a little extra padding. (spoken by a woman who's "goal" is 220) Take what I say as a grain of salt. LOL

You certainly have made MAJOR changes in your life that are for the good. You have improved your eating habits. You gave up your pop completely. You are DEDICATED to your exercise program... not only once a day... but TWICE. YOU DESERVE to be successful.

And I will quit worrying about you being too successful too fast. As that old saying goes... "if it ain't broke... don't fix it."
As of this moment I am going to "let go" and "let you" take care of your own program. I will promise to butt out. You are doing more than fine without me. LOL Keep up the good work.

Loranden.. congrats on your new clothes.
Sandy... you would make a wonderful BUNNY.
Kat... hang in there... they grow up and then you will miss all of this.
Duckie... this "old woman" took no offense.
Sara... glad you got your "beauty sleep" not that you need any. LOL
Tina... glad to hear you have 4 days off. That means we will hear more from you.
Baylee... singing Happy Birthday to Lucky is not enough... come post.
Thin...Practice makes Progress. You go girl !!
Michelle and everyone else I listed earlier.... come out or come in.. either way... WE MISS YOU !!!
Old 04-08-2003, 06:17 PM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Well it's Tuesday dinner time and I'm at the "I'm ready to give up again" spot that I seem to get to all too often.

Yesterday was Monday and I thought "this is great, let's start over, gotta do something" and today that whole mood is gone. But I do have to say that even though I have been hungry all day, I have refused to do anything crazy.

I had an apple this morning and a bowl of that wonderful potato soup at noon. Then when I got in this afternoon, I had a bowl of cabbage soup (soups always have to have crackers, but fat free ones, of course). I finished a second apple and now I'm munching on WOW chips.

I just refuse to grab anything more than a WW point or two at a time until dinner. Dinner is Subway because Tuesday is Subway Day! I got a foot long, turkey breast and ham, no cheese just veggies, on Italian for 11 WW points.

I'm trying so hard to go very low in points this week because I want a big loss like some of you are having. I haven't gone to WI (not Wisconsin) in 3 weeks. The last time I was there I had a nice loss and I don't want to go back now until I can at least show a maintain after 3 weeks. Stupid, I know.

I'm just a mess. The oldest graduates in less than a month and the thought of those damn seats is just getting to me. I'm just overwhelmed right now with the thought of how much weight I have to lose. I keep thinking "what's the use."

Well this has been one bummer of a post. Let's try to pick up the mood.

Lucky: Hope you're having a great birthday, kiddo.

Sandy: Gotta tell ya, I'm seeing bunny tails too.

Donna: I'm not going on the school board soapbox with you either.

Tina: Ok, I give! Chatty Cathy just got in your way again. That's your story and you're stickin' to it, I suppose??? :;:

Sara: Good to see ya. You gotta make some time for us, skinny!

Duckie: Dang, you just got it? I'll have to remember that if I want you Canadians to get mail, I have to send it a month in advance. Yeesh!

Kat: Sounds like you've got a busy, busy night. Have fun.

Lori: I bet the new clothes are making you feel wonderful.

2cute: I love your saying "Progress, not Perfection". If I can just get through one more day, then another, I might get on a roll one of these days.

I think I caught up with everyone. Honey just walked in so it's time to go give him a hug and watch a movie. See you all later.

God Bless America!

Last edited by thinthinker; 04-08-2003 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #25  

2cute: You BIG dummy! I would never ever think you were accusing me of being dishonest and if I were, then I have to live with it anyway knowing I was not benefit by lying is that not so?! I love love love that you care so much for me to be concerned, I just wanted you to know why the numbers jumped all around and that I am eating healthy etc and not crash dieting or anything. Besides, I couldn't ever crash diet! I get too hungry for that.

Ok, here is my scrapbook picture for April that dh just took. It is not that great because I had him take it in a pantsuit that is pretty dark and I haven't been able to wear since it was bought for me by my sister 4 years ago when I lost some weight the first time on Richard Simmons and Metabolife combo. (the man would roll over dead if he knew I combined diet pills with his weight loss plan!!) I am hoping in the next month or so to have the turkey waddle completely gone, but that is kind of tough area to exercise! And no I am not talking about my big butt, but my neck........

Sandy: I keep thinking about you dressed as a cute little white bunny with little pink ears and white bunny tail. Hey, who knows, maybe that is some fantasy your dh has, you think?

Thin: You just keep plugging away and it will come. It is just a really stressful time for you. Just remember to grab something low fat when the urge hits you!

Lori: Woohoo for you and your clothing! That is just great. Also, Mr. Maddox is a hotty and he looks about the right age, not to old but young enough to teach...God, I have got to do something about these hormones. Have to talk to dh about it I guess!

Sandy: I have to go shopping for dgs for Easter. His mom doesn't like him to have a lot of candy so I usually get him one thing of candy (m and m's usually) then get toys and goldfish crackers and fruit and stuff. I think I am going to get him some stuff for his viewmaster as he absolutely loves it and some more colorforms. His birthday is in a couple months so I have to save some stuff to get him for his birthday.

Well, hope you guys have a good evening. Oh by the way, I tried to do chat and got bounced again so it is a no go for me. Wish I could though.

Donna
Old 04-08-2003, 08:55 PM   #26  

Angry Hmmm...

A part of me... too skinny?! Wow... I remember thinking "That'll be the day!" 2Cute's "motherly concern" comment about my arms being too skinny made me go back and take a look at thread #309 where I posted my before and after pics AND, I'll tell you what, they DO look too skinny in the picture! I think it's just the shot though... because I'm staring at my arms in the mirror right now and they aren't THAT skinny.

I'll have to take some better after shots soon. Those were just spur of the moment pics for you guys!

Thin: Congratulations on making healthy food choices instead of just grabbing whatever! I think so many people feel overwhelmed at how far they have to go to goal and they let that be an excuse! This is SO totally do-able!

I should get my butt off here. We have company stopping by shortly to play a board game and I need to get ready a bit. By the way, has anyone else played it? It's called Settlers of Catan and it's REALLY great... kinda addictive!

Btw, Donna, you're looking pretty snazzy! You can see a big difference from that old Christmas picture and now! Plus... your hair is great!

Sara
HW: 270
CW: 135

Last edited by SaraJoy; 04-08-2003 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:09 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hi chickies
Happy Birthday Lucky
Tina you go girl Our Kids are allways our babies no matter what age.
Hi to everyone else
I have a bad sore throat and an infected toe some combo huh.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:32 PM   #28  

Mary: Man that is pretty bad when both ends are messed up! Take care of yourself. I have a sty or lash infection or something as one eyelid is all swollen and sore so I have put hot packs on it and keep an eye (the good one I guess) on it for a couple days and see if it gets better.

Sara: From your skinny arms to my wannabe skinny butt! One day it will get there. I just have to hang on to the thought and stay OP!

Well, I am stting here in Jack's office typing in the dark naked and having a hard time of it so I am going to go and watch the rest of NYPD Blue.

Donna
Old 04-09-2003, 12:57 AM   #29  

Arrow WARNING !!!!

STOP !!! Do Not Post Here !!!!
Instead walk on over to our next thread... #313.
Be there or be square. Ooopppsss. Showing my age there. LOL
Come join the youngsters too....
Old 03-13-2004, 10:35 AM   #30  

QueenB
I think you are my hero! oops heroine?
I wish I could be as brave as you are.
Bobbie
Closed Thread