Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #1  
make me skinny!

S/C/G: 200/180/140

Height: 5'3

Smile Starting from scratch

Hi there! guess what i've decided no more dieting, no more depriving myself of the amount of calories i need to function, no more beating myself up if i go over 1000 calories. that mind set is now and forever gone. I can't do it because it's only gotten me to here. Here as in 204 pounds at a mere 24 years old. So i'm starting over from scratch. I'm eating "clean" as in no processed foods and gaining control of how i eat and look at the food that i put into my body. It's hard, I mean REALLY hard right now for me, even sitting right here at ten oclock at night i want to be munching on some pretzels or pop corn or bagels or anything really that says I"M A YUMMY CARB so EAT ME! but i'm holding ground. I will make it, one day at a time and i know for sure that one day i'll look in the mirror like so many other successes on here and see the real me. Did i mention i'm a mommy of two? They're my motivation because i don't want them to go through life wondering if they're too fat because they're mom decided to give them sugary cereal for breakfast instead of oatmeal, and pizza for dinner. You know what i mean? In order for them to have a healthy habit i have to have one first because i'm they're example. They're only 1 and 3 months old right now but i'm starting now. Anyone else starting over? Please friend me, i need all the support i can get!
tairadactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi Tair- I am way older than you and have "been there, done that" with the 1000 calorie diets. I just don't have the energy anymore. I hear your "Yummy Carbs" calling to me, too.

You have a great attitude and I wish you success. I especially hope you are a faster learner than I am.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Good attitude, and adios to the 1K diets. Two babes under two?! Whew, you're doing good just to keep your head out of the potato chip bag!

You're right, one day at a time - that's the mantra of lots of us here. Or as someone (apologies, don't remember name) has on their ticker, it's not how many times you fall, it's how many times you get up!

Good luck.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #4  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

I so agree with mountain mamma! you're doing really good 'keeping your head out of the potato chip bag'! cuz that was ME, when I had my two under two and that particular eating got me to 220. you are starting right, you've got your head in the game already and because of that, you're gonna be just fine. you've got a plan and you're on 3FC. congrats on your weightloss journey
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote