It's time to have my second chance at life I was given.

• In my "aha" thread I posted about a very difficult surgery I had.

The doctor told me that if I had been under longer then an hour and a half I was scheduled for four hours. Because of the fat around my stomach my lungs would have collapsed. I had a robotic Davinci surgery.

When I awoke my neck was swollen and red it turns out the breathing tube they had to hold in place the whole time very tightly. If they hadn't I would have choked and died.

I look at all the fat now in the mirror and see how it's not just vanity, it's health risks each pound. I have a second lease on life and this time I'm going to get it right.

Lisa
  • You CAN do this. And if you slip one day, you haven't failed. There is only forward progression. Hugs!
  • Way to be proactive! This sounds like a prime example of life handing you lemons and you making the best damn low-cal lemonade on the face of the planet. I'm sorry that you had to go through such a scary episode to come to the realization, but best of luck! We're all here for you
  • I think that is a great way to look at it. I have been having some heart problems and I feel like there is no option but to lose weight. Believing it is a matter of life or death definitely makes changing your eating habits much easier.
  • Oh wow, and you weigh considerably less than I did when I started losing weight...

Good luck on your journey. Health was my primary reason for trying to lose weight again. While I accept that I will die one day, I didn't want to spend the next 10-20 years of my life in hospitals or on medications for all the health complications that come with obesity.
  • Thank you everybody. I am going to one day post in the goal forum.

Lisa