3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263868-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-august-2012-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 07-31-2012 09:05 PM

Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - August 2012 - Everyone Welcome!

Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great week! :cheer2:

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 10:22 PM

Hi all

Decided to go ahead and post this in the new thread since August is only a few hours away!

Glad to see so many good reports tonight. I wish I had time for personals more, but with getting up at 4 AM to go to work, working out at night, etc. my time just gets very limited. But I am reading and keeping up with all of you.

Serenity, Tonic Alchemy is an all natural nutritional supplement which contains 71 different "superfoods" from around the world... fruits, veggies, grasses, grains, sea plants, leaf and root extracts, etc. I showed the package to my doctor and she highly approved it. Gives me the nutrition I need, and I hardly ever get cravings. It is a powder you mix with liquid.It does taste horrid, unfortunately, so people find ways to kill the taste; I've found adding it to a bit of grapefruit juice with the juice of half a lime really knocks it so it is not so bad. I'm not allowed to post a link but if you google there is an official website about it.

And I completely agree with your yoga teacher! I really push myself hard working out but I know my limits and when I need a break. I will get sick if I don't listen to those signals.

Well, how do I look in my "new outfit" (mini ticker and new cheerleader)? That's right... I made it to 266! Yay. There is actually a "5" middle number in my ticker now... of course LOL I still have to reach it. :)

This is long so will post my food and workout in another post.

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 11:12 PM

Today's log

AM
Tonic Alchemy in small amount grapefruit juice, 1/2 fresh squeezed lime

Breakfast
2 steamed eggs
7 bagel crisps
6 strawberries

Snack
None

Lunch
Cottage cheese
4 bite sized fresh pineapple chunks
3 tiny Satsumas

Snack
Banana

Dinner
2 small slices healthy pizza (believe it or not, I bought this pizza on Saturday and still had half of it left. Ate 2 small slices and put rest in freezer)
corn on the cob
mega-veggie slaw

Snack
Coffee with skim milk

Exercise
35 minute water workout with weights

Now a total of 56.7 miles (567 min exercise) on my "virtual walk" to Seaside OR. Approx. 136 more miles to go (193 miles total). (I posted a thread on this so I could keep track and hoping others will join me in a virtual walk somewhere, with the reward at the end being a REAL trip there! :)

ItsMyTurn 07-31-2012 11:34 PM

Diana - I did do the first workout tonight with my youngest and we both looked like we took a shower at the end, :lol: Per my HRM I burned 406 calories... I have seen others do more, but since I have to keep heart rate under a certain amount to remain safe since my heart surgery in 2005, I am doing it smart. If I can't keep right form I break too... this is the best workout out there if you keep the right form and do as you should... so I plan on cashing in on that with you :) We can totally do this and I am excited to see how my endurance improves! I love that there is someone here to "do it with me" too... it's encouraging :) How did you do on your workout? Did you feel like jello after? We just got done about half hour ago and I am still jello-legged, :lol: but actually feeling better and more pumped for tomorrow's workout! Glutton for punishment

ItsMyTurn 07-31-2012 11:35 PM

Moon/Campana - you got a new look :O Threw me for a loop on the other posting thread.

Misti in Seattle 07-31-2012 11:40 PM

Diana and ItsMyTurn... wow, you two are really getting a workout!!! Way to go!!!!

Campana 08-01-2012 12:37 AM

Hi everyone day 2 is almost coming to an end.

I will be posting my food intake here. My "plan" is eating healthy so please give me your input if it looks like I'm doing healty choices, and at adequate times.

Breakfast: 8:30am
Raspberry tea with fiber

Water up until noon

Lunch: noon
Lentil soup with chicken, carrots, onion, tomatoes, spinach.

Snack: 4pm
Light Yoplait yogurt with granola

Dinner: 7pm
Small plate of lentil soup, small side salad & one low fat string cheese.

Exercise: Rode bike for 25 min.

Writing this down makes me feel like I didn't do good in my exercise for today...

Misti in Seattle 08-01-2012 01:15 AM

Hi Campana

Thanks for posting. Your food intake seems extremely low to me. Do you know how many calories you are eating? And I'm a big believer in starting off with a healthful breakfast to keep your metabolism steady.

And 25 minutes of bike riding seems fine. It's not necessary to have extreme amounts of exercise; just get moving and be steady.

Diana3271 08-01-2012 06:57 AM

Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Let's make this a great month!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee2:
Weigh In: 149
Down: .2

Misti Congrats on your new mini ticker and :cheer: You will definitely get there!

Campana Good job on posting your foods. Your menu looks healthy. Like Misti said, not sure on the calories, though. Do you know approx the amount of calories. Good job on the bike workout. I think 30+ minutes a day of exercise is the recommended amount. You are right there! :carrot:

Itsmyturn Great job on the workout last night! Here's my post about my workout yesterday (on the other thread):
Leslie Sansone 2 Mile from Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs
Insanity Cardio Recovery

I thought Cardio Recovery was going to be a lighter cardio workout (compared to the regular workouts ) Here's the description: Shaun goes easier on you once a week so you're ready for the next round. I did the Leslie workout with the idea of keeping it lighter, but knowing I need cardio. Well, Cardio Recovery is a stretch workout. It's tough, though. My legs were getting shaky at certain points. I might even be a little sore tomorrow. We'll see. I might keep doing this workout, but doing a little more intense 30 minute cardio workout the same day. Cardio Recovery is about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I had some upper body DOM's from the 2 previous Insanity workouts. It's funny that I can lift heavier weights but not get DOM's. The DOM's from Insanity are in the craziest places, too. Not like the ones you get from regular weight lifting.

ItsMyTurn 08-01-2012 07:30 AM

Misti - Great job on getting the cute mini ticker! Loving the cheerleader look!

Campana - Sorry to join the choir, but do you know the caloric intake? Honestly I have found calories in vs. calories out to be the main formula that works with tweaks as you go. You did good on the bike... maybe try to increase by 5 more mins?

Diana - not sure what DOMs are? Even with having done the kickboxing and weights before starting, plus my running.... I have SORE legs! The very upper part of my back thigh muscle on both legs are killing me. I think it's funny that I am walking funny and it's not even from "the other white meat", :rofl: I was sore yesterday in the same area, so a couple of the exercises must hit this area real well - always thought I was getting it before... my bad.

Diana3271 08-01-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn (Post 4423323)
Diana - not sure what DOMs are?

DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...uscle_soreness

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn (Post 4423323)
I think it's funny that I am walking funny and it's not even from "the other white meat", :rofl:

You naughty little girl! :rofl: Hey, That's exercise and burns calories, too! :lol:

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 09:58 AM

Campana my BFF loves Zumba! She got it for Kinect and I want it too, unfortunately how the house is set up the stupid box can't read people anymore (the living room is too small and the media room there is not enough space). I am hoping if my plantar fasciitis gets better in the future to implement it, even if it's just via DVD versus the game. She also likes this new Deepak Chopra video game..yes a video game. Weird but true. I also would just start logging my calories because that does seem low to me, I also find for ME I have to have breakfast. But I read a lot recently that states that's not true for all people, so if it's working. I wouldn't want to burn out though and that'd be my fear eating too low calorie wise.

Lulu WTG on being prepared. I think most successful dieters know that is key!

LOL ItsMyTurn well I wouldn't want to be in one either. I've had some media attention before and they twisted EVERYTHING I said to the point that I was livid. I avoid it like the plague. I do have a good friend who is in that area and I won't even eat lunch during days she films...I don't want to be in a picture with her AT ALL because I'm that paranoid. And yes you earned the shirt and then some!

Diana I've heard of that and might pick it up. DH could use some motivation and maybe if he sees it...well you get the idea. Shaun's recovery sounds tough. I did some yoga workout recently that was labeled "beginner" and while I'm NOT advanced, because it was so slow and you held the poses so long...my thighs were on fire the next day (the good way). Love mixing it up!

Misti WOOT on the new goal and thanks for the information. I'll look into it later as today is a busy day (for the morning anyway). I appreciate it.

Well yesterday not good...but I'm not going to get all ticked off at myself. First I don't mean to make excuses but I knew there was going to be an extended family stressor starting yesterday (7/31) and while I didn't expect drama yesterday (which will probably happen if history repeats itself) I overate. But I don't know if it was that, PMS, or the increased exercise time/intensity. I'm not going to figure it out because why? I can just move on. Although tomorrow's check in will probably be similar as we have had this restaurant thing planned for awhile, while I could get a salad. It's a cheap Italian place and their salads are iceburg, carrots, a tomato and wishbone type dressing. Not exactly a meal and the only meat they add is chicken. Since it's been planned for about 2 months I'm eating probably pasta, definitely bread, no soda though, and no dessert.

Anyway the data:

Calories 1950
Cardio 25 minutes (*the increase was that and upping the speed to 15 MPH yesterday and Monday)
Yoga 60 minutes

pinkpendant 08-01-2012 10:38 AM

Oh gosh, I wish I'd found a place like this before! Feels like this is exactly what I'll be needing in order to achieve my goal :)
Anyway, I'm currently fasting (Ramadan), but I'd love to be part of this thread too :) Ramadan will probably end somewhere near August 18th, so I'll be posting more regularly after that!
Are there any other people here that are fasting this month as well btw? :')

Campana 08-01-2012 04:15 PM

Ahhhh!!!!!!!! I had been typing my message for the past 30 minutes and it is gone! Ugghhh!!!
I'm going to summarize it real quick

Girls thanks for your two cents on my plan. Can you please tell me where I can start tracking my calories?

Diana and itsmyturn= good job everything counts keep up the great work on your workouts! You girls rock!!

Serenity regarding the Zumba I too love it. I don't have a gym membership so I was looking into buying the DVD's although right now 100 bucks is a lot for me. Regarding the eating out. Try eating a salad before your pasta and don't finish the meal make sure to leave some on your plate.

SerenityDiva 08-01-2012 05:50 PM

Campana will do but also splitting with my daughter I think since she doesn't eat much either.

Hi PinkPendant!

Also oh yeah try fit day, lose it is my favorite, spark people..there are all sorts of trackers out there.