Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 08:42 AM   #16  

Oh my gosh you guys, I just came kind of unglued with a lady who posted a new thread about being called names in the mall. I could not believe she was letting them get away with keeping her from walking where she wanted to. You know me and "fat ladies' rights" and I really let her know what I thought she should do. I am so sick and tired of people being treated inferiorly (is that a word?) because of their size and sick of people putting up with it like they have no rights! My God just because you are overweight does not mean you are inferior in any way and that includes the fact that how you got fat was by overeating. So what? I only know of one perfect human and he no longer walks this earth! Oooh, I am wringing my hands I am so angry about this. Do you guys see why I have been so successful even when I don't have such a good eating day? I BELIEVE IN MYSELF! I BELIEVE IN MYSELF! I BELIEVE IN MYSELF! I know you are probably saying, then why didn't she lose weight before now? Well, I did NOT want to! I felt fine being where I was and didn't want to work at it. My opinion of myself at nearly 400 lbs was the same as it is now. I am a terrific person, equal to every man, woman and child on this earth. I deserve respect like everyone else and I WAS NOT THEN NOR AM I NOW ASHAMED OF MYSELF! If there were one thing I would like to drill into every fat persons head is that they should not be ashamed of themselves EVER! I don't care if you just sat down and ate a gallon of ice cream with fudge sauce, a box of twinkies and a 20 oz porterhouse! Big frigging deal! Shame should not play into anything ever when it comes to your size! Just remember that ok? When you are doing lousy and have eaten everything but the house, just chalk it up to a bad moment and let it go. When those raisins call you constantly and you give in, so WHAT? You can always bounce back and it NEVER EVER makes you less of a person. I used Tina's raisins only because I couldn't think of anyone elses problem eating lately and I knew she would understand! PLEASE, PLEASE ladies, be proud of yourself NOW not at size 8, 10, 12.

I love you guys a whole bunch and only want the very best for you!

Oh, almost forgot:
DAY 6 CHALLENGE: NO CHEAT MET AND EXERCISE MET! YAHOOOOOO

Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 09:46 AM   #17  
a work in progress...

Cool It's snowing...

BOO HISS!

Although we're a bit south of where they're predicting significant accumulations...thank God...my flowers are not gonna like this white stuff!

Donna, great advice to that woman. It's funny, I just gave very similar advice to my son about a kid that has been bugging him. I told him to look him squarely in the eye, ask him what his problem is and to not to be afraid and not to be ashamed, for he hasn't done anything wrong. Unfortunately, there are some real sh**heads in this world that try to mask they're own inadaquacies with insults and taunts to others. I told him to pity him, be p.o.ed if you want, but don't be afraid and above all, believe in yourself...you've done nothing wrong.

I'm falling asleep at the keyboard...I'll be back.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok it is April and it is snowing. What's wrong with this picture. Just last week, it was in the 70's. Now snow!! Unbelievable. Kat- you are probably getting snow as well and maybe Michelle. Speaking of Michelle, where are you girl? Get in here and say hi.I don't have time for a long post right now. I'll try to check back later.
Steph
Old 04-07-2003, 02:13 PM   #19  
a work in progress...

Exclamation deja vu!

I go to sleep around 10am, all is well...I wake up @ 12:30...EVERYTHING IS WHITE!

I had to go out in it to pick the dog up from the groomer, she literally dragged me down the ramp...I was "doggy-skiing!" I thought, ah, it's not that bad out...don't need the 4wd...I was slipping and sliding all over the road...needless to say, I put it in 4wheel on the way back.

I REFUSE to shovel! They say it's turning to rain later and back in the 40s tomorrow. Hang in there, Steph! Come post more often, by the way!

Hi to everyone else...I have to go assign chores to the darlings who had early dismissal...HA! They'll wish they were back in school when i get done with 'em!!
Old 04-07-2003, 02:47 PM   #20  

Kat: Sort of a short sleep wouldn't you say? Sounds like you need to go back to bed until winter is over! It is dreary here today but it is 70.

Steph: Great to see you posting. You need to come see us more often!

Where is everyone today? They probably think I have flipped my lid completely so are staying away and I can understand that. I just responded to this same woman because she says I am much stronger than she is. Bologna! We all have it within us, it is just most of us have pushed it so far down inside because we somehow think we DESERVE to be treated like doormats because we are fat and can't control ourselves. Well, isn't that true? Is that not what a majority of overweight women think and most of it has been planted in our brains by someone else. In this case, come to find out, it is her lame brained husband. If Jack ever said to me, "Until you are thin I don't want to have sex with you," I think I would tell him to start strengthening his right hand cause that is all he was gettin! I know I am seriously tacky aren't I, but you are my friends and you should be used to it by now!

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am doing great today even though I have had a lot of water and am peeing all the time. Whomever said, your body gets used to it is nuts!

Love you all. Smile and be happy today!
Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 03:28 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally posted by jackslady
I love dark haired men anyway like Chris Noth from Law and Order, Elvis wasn't too bad either though the hair and sideburns were a little over the top for me, Ben Afleck is a cutey for a youngun'. I loved him in Pearl Harbor. Now don't laugh, but when I was in Junior High School I had this huge and I mean huge crush on Tom Jones. I never missed his show and played his records all the time! He is now old, fat and gray, but can still sing to beat the band!
Ah, I see we have something in common besides the battle of the weight wars!

Tina, you lucky for going to see Tony on Thursday! Have fun and get a kiss for me (and maybe a pinch on that nice bum as well... )

Anyway, another dark and handsome one is the latest Steelers' quarterback Tommy Maddox...AY CARAMBA! Hopefully I can make it to Steeler training camp in August to meet that handsome !
Old 04-07-2003, 03:36 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally posted by jackslady
[B]Oh my gosh you guys, I just came kind of unglued with a lady who posted a new thread about being called names in the mall. I could not believe she was letting them get away with keeping her from walking where she wanted to. You know me and "fat ladies' rights" and I really let her know what I thought she should do. I am so sick and tired of people being treated inferiorly (is that a word?) because of their size and sick of people putting up with it like they have no rights!

One could also say that I am a 'fat lady activist' myself. It is not an accepted practice to make racist remarks, make fun of gays and disabled people, so why should the larger sized population have to tolerate such abuse (and yes, it is abuse)? In my case, though, not only with my new assertive side, as well as my somewhat weird sense of humor, now have 'word weapons' of sorts at hand to take such rudeness down a peg--plus keeping my dignity intact. I also make a point of dressing fashionably and keeping my appearance well-maintained. As a result, I don't get many crude remarks coming my way much anymore; as a matter of fact, taking a cab home, a nice looking lawyer shared it with me and asked if we could get together for lunch sometime--when it wasn't raining ....to be truthful, I don't think he really noticed my size...nor cared!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:42 PM   #23  

Yeah for you Lori! That is what I keep saying! If you act like there is nothing wrong with you (and there IS nothing wrong with you by the way) then you are treated like other people. I seldom get comments as I project myself in a way that prohibits them. When I do, I do not let it go "unrewarded" so to speak. No man, woman or child is going to ever speak to me the way this woman was spoken to. I have no problem knocking them on their if I get harrassed! I try the dignified way, but when all else fails, show em who'e boss! Oh, and I don't watch football so have not seen this gentlemen you describe, but there are some hotties out there for sure.

Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Okay... I wrote a longgggg post and deleted it. I did not lose it for a change. LOL
It started out fine.. but soon turned into a "Poor ME" pity fest. Gee.. I sounded like a big spoiled brat.
I am just here to say I had a wonderful weekend but just found out I have to go back to MIssouri in the morning. (unplanned - non emergency) So keep carrying on and I will return asap. Thank you for all of your congrats for my daughter.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:43 PM   #25  

No Calvary sent out after me???? Okay, I know they are all busy, and god bless them for all they are doing.

I guess I was having a brain cramp yesterday because I could not believe that no one posted all day yesterday. Then I checked my email this am and I was like wowzers no posts???? Then, I had to go to work and it was just a major stress zone there for me today. So tonight, I finally get to sit down and hunt you all up. I wonder why my computer chooses not to send me email notices sometimes? And other times I get a ton for the same thing?

Saturday I had a run in with a box of Cheese its....rrrrrr, but think I am back to reality now. Okay, Donna, please don't chastise, I did read all of the posts and realize that I was in reality and things just happen. But a bologna and cheese sandwich happened that same day after I had lunch already.....just was so bored I guess? And the sandwich really was not that good tasting after all and I was thinking that the whole time but continued to eat it. Anyway, thats done and over so I will go on and not dwell on it.

I know Im not too too far behind cause I did make it to chat on Saturday for a bit did I not? But, Im back and sorry I missed almost a whole thread, this is the first for me. And since its been almost a whole thread I think I will skip the individual replies this time (forgive me).

Hugs to each and everyone of you!!!!
Sandy.

PS) Wowzers what a nice pic of TONY back there a few posts.....something about a man in a tux gets me all excited....My hubby was born to wear suits....oh boy I get excited...but, he is a fisherman and you don't find much need for a tux on a boat?
Old 04-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #26  

Hey Sandy, you will get no B*$%^&#* from me honey! Stuff happens. Thank goodness I am not a bologna or cheese its fan cause I understand it completely. I am more your eat chocolate til you die kind of girl or even worse than that I LOVE HOT DOGS! There is probably not a worse food on earth to love. I have only had 2 since starting this diet, one while on vacation from Orange Julius and I just couldn't help myself. It is now Dinstihls (local candy company and shop) Chocolate Covered Strawberries time of the year and oh mama how hard it is not to go in there and buy a box. Honey these are better than sex they are so good. I cannot eat just one so I cannot buy any and hope no one gets me any because I would be sure and put on 10 lbs.

I have to run as dh had to work late and is on his way home and starved.

TTFN Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 08:46 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

By a percentage of 99.999 the baby is my brothers. He called this morning laughing and crying he was so happy. I told him he should now realize that he has something to live for. He agreed.I also told him he had right s and he needed to fight for them. He said he was with every breath of his body.

Work was hectic today we had the Elected officials luncheon 18 officials showed up with about that many more library personal from the county. It went well. Lots of food.

Glad everyone is doing great. I love all of you and thanks for the prayers for my brother.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:06 PM   #28  

Mary: Oh thank God that is so wonderful! It will not only give him something to live for but to fight for and that in itself will keep him going! I am so glad for him and for you!

My poor dh is plumb tuckered out. Poor man they called him at 2:30 with a problem and he was to leave at 3:00. He ended up leaving at 7 and I am not sure the thing is totally fixed yet. He may get called back in. I hate to be so evil, but the money will be good! Woohoo, I can buy me another leather purse! Just kidding.

Well, I came up here while he was eating so I should get downstairs and clean up the dishes and get them into the dishwasher.

Night ladies!

Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 09:41 PM   #29  

Yeah Marion, glad you came here to join us! We are THE best group of ladies you have ever seen and we are all in the same boat (extra big boat, but boat none the less! ). I am so very glad you came to this thread to post and I want you to do it often. We laugh, cry, support, chastise and generally have a whale of a good time, don't we girls. You will find I am the nut case here as I am OCD and get teased a lot because I am a cleaning fanatic!

You seem to have had a lot put on your plate that you had to deal with, but you are among friends here and we will help you to build yourself up and get that weight off safely and once and for all. A lot of the ladies here are WW ladies, some of us are calorie counters, we have at least one TOPS lady and then there is TINA! Tina is our resident expert on NASCAR anything you want to know as long as his name is Tony Stewart, Tina can tell you! We have a lady that lives by the scale (Um, now who could that be!), one that somehow manages to work all night only how she does it I don't know, and we are so glad to have you in our little group.

I will be 50 in Sept (UGH!), and like I told you have been married over 30 years, have one single son who is 29 and a hunk even though his mom says so, and a daugher who is 25 and married and I have a 2 1/2 year old grandson. At the moment I am not working, but am back to looking for a job as I am bored and afraid it will lead to eating. When I work, I am a receptionist because I love that kind of work. I just bought a condo in Sept so I am redecorating it a little at a time, so I am hooked on the DIY shows. I also scrapbook and have started a weight loss scrapbook where each month I put my current pic and journal about my progress. In fact, my dh is supposed to download pics I took of my scrapbook so that you guys can see it. It has been a lot of fun to do.

Well, I guess I have taken up enough of everyone's time, so I am going to go.

Talk to you all soon.

Donna
Old 04-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#312"

God Bless America!
Closed Thread