TOM and bloat!

• So TOM is in full swing today and I am bloated to no end, my pants fit tight and it looks like I'm preggers! Does anyone have any tips about how to reduce TOM bloat/water retention?
  • I wish..Haha... I look about 6 months preggo too...its sad but true...stupid water retention..

Oh but Rumour has it: If you eat asparagus, drink caffinated tea or take a B12 capsule..apparently its supposed to help???? There is something you can buy at the drug store called Durex...Its a capsule that supposedly helps with excess bloat but havent tried it yet...
  • I wish I knew. I was really hoping I would have lost the 1 pound I needed to lose to meet my weekly goal but with TOM expected today (late. GRRRR) the scale didn't budge this morning. I think it must be due to bloating because I have stayed on plan every day and worked out about 12 hours this week so I'm not going to get all upset over it. Ugh. I have PMS. My back is sore, I'm cranky, and I want a chocolate bar. But I'm gonna be good and quit complaining and go have a weight watchers icecream.
  • Drink some "sassy water." It's from a diet a friend of mine was on-- the diet wasn't very successful except to give us this great (modified, a little) recipe for helping bloating:

-1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
    -1 teaspoon grated ginger (I just peel and throw small slices in)
    -1/2 lemon, sliced (I use realemon if I don't have any fresh lemons)
    -12 small leaves of mint
    -2 liters of water

Blend and let sit overnight. Drink throughout the day.

It is such a refreshing drink, and the ginger and mint will help relieve bloating. I have a habit of making it four days in a row (the diet recommended a four day "de-bloat" and for whatever reason, I picked up that thinking from my friend). I drink it around my TOM, diet or not. I also like to throw those ingredients in a french press and drink it as hot tea.
  • That water sounds SO tasty...I don't think that I can fit a 2 L container in my fridge (my apartment only has a mini fridge...yay living in a shoe box), but I'm going to need to try now.
  • It IS really tasty! Light and just a fun way to drink water. You could just make it in a water bottle, maybe, cutting back the recipe?

I should also amend that when I make the hot tea, I don't put in cucumber.