3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   This is an ugh! and yay! thread, lol (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/263279-ugh-yay-thread-lol.html)

mimsyborogoves 07-22-2012 12:19 PM

This is an ugh! and yay! thread, lol

The YAY:

I bought a shirt about a month ago in a junior's XL, and it was a bit too snug, but I knew I'd be able to wear it in a few weeks so I got it. I'm wearing it today, and it fits. :)

The UGH:

Most of you know (or can assume) that I'm going through a rough time due to my recent break up. I was all gung-ho about being on plan and getting back in the swing of exercising this week, and that all went to sh!t when my world crashed. I've gone over my calories a couple times, and since Monday I've been steadily GAINING weight. Monday I weighed 197, then in the middle of the week it was 198, now it's 199. I know I haven't been perfectly on plan, but good lord, I know I haven't eaten enough to gain 4lbs in a week! I know it's probably mostly water weight due to stress on top of it being the week before my period, but it's just so depressing. If I weigh myself tomorrow and it says 200 again I think I might cry.

I never knew someone I knew for such a short period of time could affect me so much. I fainted at work yesterday for no apparent reason, and I've been excessively tired and haven't been bothered to really care about what I was eating. I care about the calorie content, but the food itself...meh. I'm just ready for this sh!t to be over so I can move on and forget about everything.

beth4365 07-22-2012 12:25 PM

Hey Lauren,

I don't know much about your breakup, but I know that bodies can be strange things.

You just stick to plan, keep your focus one choice at a time and keep on trucking.

Whatever is happening will pass. At the end of it, do you want to be heavier or lighter?

The coolness is in the fact that YOU get to decide!

Riddy 07-22-2012 12:29 PM

:hug: mimsy!

I know it's hard, but don't let the scale piss you off too much. I've just come out of a fight with my scale. I lost 2 pounds 2 weeks in a row, then was UP 1.5 pounds the next week. I had 2 off plan treats that week, but I knew it wasn't enough to be fat gain. What pissed me off was that it didn't all come off by my weigh in day on Friday - it took til today to come off. Annoying as H***, because it's bad enough to have an up week, but then to log a not so great number the next week too - frustrating!

Focus on that new smaller shirt fitting! At least I had some loss on the tape measure to record this week. Sometimes the NSVs are really what keep me going.

You're doing a great job! Keep working on you, because you're worth it!

PinkLotus 07-22-2012 04:03 PM

I'm so sorry about your break up. I know exactly how you feel, my shortest relationship (3 months) was also the worst break up and the hardest to get over! It completely blindsided me and I was beyond devastated, and it took me a long time to get over it. A year and a half later I met my husband and I've been happy with him for 6 years now - I am confident you will find someone too.
I just want to give you kudos for still mostly staying on plan at a time like this! That in itself is something to celebrate.
The scale can really mess with one's mind. You're stressed, TOM is approaching...maybe take a few days off the scale? Just keep going on plan and it'll go back down!

Hotaruchan 07-23-2012 04:43 AM

Sometimes the mode of breakup can make things worse...I know that yours completely blind-sided you, which means there was no real closure. I dated a guy for 2 months and am probably permanently scarred from it because he chose to dump me by sleeping with my room mate then having the other room mate gang up on me and force me to move out because I "was making the apartment awkward to live in." (Yeah...totally my fault.) In any case, I'm sure that nothing anyone says will make you feel better about the relationship ending right now, but time will help. Keep your chin up and keep thinking about that sexy new shirt you're rocking.

Misa66 07-23-2012 05:15 AM

Wouldn't it strange how one can get attached to someone do quickly? I was seeing a guy for maybe 3 weeks an I was debated when we "broke up"
Oh girly please, guys will come and go and getting back up after feeling this kind of sadness is hard but hey, you shouldn't focus on food to make you feel better (I know it's delicious!) but you should try to focus on how if you stay on track soon you will be able to buy large, medium and maybe even small shirts :) that's what motivates me! I try not to pay much attention to the numbers on the scale but more into the clothes I can fit into now and how they're looking so much better on me :) I long for the day were I can spend hours and $$$ at the mall indulging in all the cute clothes I'll be able to wear <3 stay focused and strong