Right on the cusp!

• I hate being on the cusp, because it's that point where I can just see the next ten pounds, and it's just barely within my reach, but not quite. It's like looking through the store window. You can look but not touch. Plus it seems to take forever to get past it! I never feel like I've dropped in to the next ten pounds until I see the number 8 (like 178, 168). I usually start getting anxious when I see the number 1 (171, 161).

Lately, I seem to hover at the cusp. It took forever just to get in to the 160s. Now I seem to be losing at a reasonable pace, but I'm anxious to drop in to the 150s, and I won't feel like I'm there until 158.
  • I feel the same way. I've been stuck in the 160s for almost 2 months now, and the number is finally starting to creep down...so frustrating not to see the 159 number yet!
  • I totally feel ya on this one. I've been in the 149-154 zone, with 90% of it over 150, for 2 1/2 YEARS now. I reluctantly call that "maintenance", but it still smacks of a job just not quite finished. If nothing else, I'd prefer to hang here than go back up!
  • YES! I'm finding the cusp to be very irritating, and playing mind games with me! For me, the 160s and 150s signify a not-fat-weight, for me. Yes I want to get lower than those numbers, but I feel like once I'm out of the 170s it will be a sigh of relief! I have been totally stuck this month, and being so close to the line is so hard!
  • UGH, 160s is the DEATH of me ;(
    2 months, just like COchick says. I don't think it's a plateau, I think it's like you say.. I want to see 150s so bad, that I am so anxious. and because of the anxiety, I'm cheating a bit more. That damn vicious cycle! Why can't I simply stick so well to my plan as I did the first 5 months!?
  • I've been on the cusp for many weeks now and I'm sick of it!! 149 has been a mini-goal for so long - officially a normal BMI! I just can't get there. It's really annoying at this point, so I am focusing on non-scale victories instead, like getting my exercise in and eating on plan and within calorie range. So far, it's not helping the scale move, but at least my clothing is getting looser and my body is getting tighter!
  • I finally dropped to 159.6#. It won't be real until 158, but I'm liking that five.