Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Before I started losing weight, just going grocery shopping was a painful excursion. My weight greatly exacerbated the arthritis in my knee and killed my feet and ankles. I could only walk very slowly. I had actually gotten to the point that I was considering riding one of those electric carts.

Today, in the grocery store, my husband actually said to me, "Woman! Slow down a bit!" He was having trouble keeping up with me. Then later on, he asked if I wanted to go with him to Lowe's. I said, "Sure. I could use the exercise." His response? Big grin.

I walked for over an hour today. While my feet, ankles and knee are a little sore, it's nothing compared to the kind of pain I used to experience just doing the grocery shopping.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #62  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Garnet, good work! Feeling better is such a great reward.

My NSV: I saw a sign for a big sale at the Talbot's outlet, so I went in. I was actually able to shop there without feeling like a poseur.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #63  

Height: 5'8.5"

I love reading all your NSVs! Way to go, everyone.

I had one this weekend... decided to go to Catherine's for a few new blouses/tops. Everything I kept trying on was too big so I had to go to the smaller sizes. The tops I bought do run a bit big but still it was nice to have to buy the 2X ones. I bought 3 and then also bought 3 of the same thing in a size 1X, which I have nicely tucked away in a drawer... for now!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Love Talbots. They would probably think I was a "poseur" if I only weighed 12 lbs. LOL! Congratulations, Steph!

Misti, smart shopping! Congrats on a size smaller.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I love this NSV thread everyone's are so inspiring and make me so happy to read. Its nice to focus on something besides the scale....

Anyways, mine is that I did 12 hours of hiking this week at elevation There have been weeks when I've done more hours, but this is the most hours of a certain type of very difficult exercise.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #66  

Great job, Dottington!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Mine is silly but I was excited. I love to take bubble baths. Light a candle, bring a book and some wine and relax in the bathtub before bed. Before I barely fit in the tub and my belly always stuck out above the water and got cold. I had been so busy I just haven't had time to have one in months. Last night (after my 20 lb weight loss) I climbed in the tub and was shocked about how much better i fit. My wide hips no longer touch both sides and my belly stays happily under the water! I couldn't believe the difference!
lilkel244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

I needed a NSV this week - the numbers have slowed to a stop (even up a bit)...so, out came the measuring tape. Since the beginning of June I have lost 2 1/2 inches from my waist!!!!

I'll take it! I know the numbers on the scale will start moving again, but to be reminded that change is happening even when the scale doesn't show it - well, it is a relief!
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #69  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I found out today that I'm lighter than my boyfriend Mind you, that should be a given since he's 6'' taller than me, but it still made me do a little happy dance. Particularly since it's a much bigger gap than I thought it would be...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My DH and I went to Costco [again!]. Every time we go, it gets easier for me to walk from the car, in some remote location, to the store, around the store etc. I don't get out of breath and my feet don't hurt so much.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes today. I know that doesn't sound like a whole lot but when I first got it, I could only ride for 5 minutes.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #72  

These are wonderful NSVs. And EVERY NSV is a "big one!" Please keep sharing.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 07-29-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 237/177/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
These are wonderful MSVs. And EVERY NSV is a "big one!" Please keep sharing.
Totally love them! It's so helpful to read these.

My recent NSV: I got sick and stayed on track! I usually have the best intentions but after getting well, it's like, wheee food! And then I completely overindulge. But I'm still the same me, sticking with my new(ly forming) healthy habits. Eating good things and feeling good about it.
scout83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #74  

That is a great one, Scout. Thanks for sharing.

I had a couple of NSVs today. First someone at church commented on my weight loss.

Then it was time for my pool workout and I had a dilemma. My swim shorts have gotten so big on me I have a hard time keeping them on! A couple weeks ago I tried on my smaller pair and could not get them over my butt. Well today I tried and was able to get them on. LOL they worked fine in the pool but when I started to get out I could feel them starting to roll down! Fortunately I was the only one in the pool. I jumped back into the pool and pulled them up and had to hold onto them while I climbed out and put on my big shirt. LOL definitely best lose a few more pounds FAST.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #75  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I posted some pictures on facebook yesterday and had 2 different people inform me that I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight. I think they're the first (at 30 lbs in) because either I'm too huge still for Japanese people to notice (one woman was complaining about weighing 42 kg at lunch on Friday >.<) or because they're too polite to point out how massive I was before

Also, I can wear size M dresses now. (And one that's technically not really NS, I've dropped 5 BMI points and am halfway to goal )
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote