Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #121  
On the trip to a new me!

S/C/G: 276/*see ticker*/160

Height: 5'6

We have a HUGE bowl of Hersheys choclate mini bars at work and everyday I walk pass them, I used to grab a handful now I havent had a single one in 2 weeks (since I started back on my losing journey) Im so proud of myself!!!!!!!!
successfulhannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

I went in to give my boyfriend a kiss and hug goodbye and he said to me, "How easy it is to wrap his arms around me now"!
Sally Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

I posted this separately the other day, but.... I DANCED! I NEVER dance! I felt good about myself enough to actually go out and do it! WOOHOO!
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #124  
Keeping Steady

S/C/G: 231/169/169 lb (104/77/77 kg)

Height: 6' 0" (1.82 m)

This is one for the guys, but I can button the top button of a collared shirt without feeling like I was choking while doing so. Plus my ties look better now for some reason.

The other is a victory over habit. I've always been the sort of person to clean his plate, even when it's a lot of food, but last weekend when I went out to dinner, I managed to not. I probably left about half of the meal on the plate. That's been one of the hardest things for me, and to be honest, I usually don't put myself in the position to have to consciously stop since I weigh my food religiously. So that's a win.
ControlW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #125  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I was referred to as a "pretty little foreign girl" by an old Japanese man...

For context, I was at a local festival and a man from the prefecture news station spotted me talking with some of my students and asked if I could speak Japanese. I responded that I knew a little, so he asked my girls if it was enough for TV...as all of the color drained from my face, they squealed excitedly (as I'd guess most 8-year-olds would at the prospect of being on TV) and assured him that, yes, I was actually really good at Japanese... so he dragged me up to an anchorwoman, put a camera in my face and she interviewed me about the festival while my students clapped and waved in the background. As I was half-walking, half-being towed away after by my completely elated students, I heard the old guy bragging to the cameraman that he couldn't be yelled at for not finding good interview subjects...HE found a pretty little foreign girl that spoke good Japanese...who had the other guys brought that could top that? I was amused for half a second before my girls started asking if I was nervous...because that was going on TV and everyone that they knew watched that channel >.<

Edit: Another one yesterday...I was cleaning and came to the realization that my apartment is always a huge mess because I don't have a bureau to put my clothes away. So I went to the store hoping to find a bureau, but instead came back with a 3 foot tall book case and 3 large cloth drawers (the only thing actually being sold as a bureau in the store was a super cheap-looking and flimsy plastic thing that was more than 3x the price of the bookcase and drawers but about the same size). I washed every piece of clothing, then started putting stuff in the new "bureau," only to realize that I had about twice as much clothing as would reasonably fit. So I started trying things on, and more than half of it just...won't stay on any more. I swim in all of my suits, all of my American pants, one pair of my Japanese pants, and all of my American dresses. My T-shirts and dress shirts could all stand to be at least a size smaller, but I put them in the "fitting" category because I love my nerdy Ts and can tuck in my work shirts. In the end, I had one full closet of clothes that no longer fit and one partially-filled bureau and 1/3 of a closet bar of things that do fit/are only marginally too big. This both makes me incredibly happy and terribly sad, as it means that I'm probably going to have to buy a whole new work wardrobe (and probably new pants again) for fall and winter.

Last edited by Hotaruchan; 08-19-2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Had another, didn't want to make a new post :p
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #126  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Man, I'm starting to feel obnoxious now...where'd everyone go?

I just applied sunscreen to my whole back by myself without having back pudge get in the way. Were my elbows bent at some unnatural angles to do so? Yes, yes they were...but I was pretty proud of myself for being able to reach the part just below my shoulders.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM   #127  

Height: 5'8.5"

Love reading these!

I have one too. At work someone keeps putting out a bowl of dark chocolate caramel candy.. which I love! Last week I ate 2 really small pieces... and found it way too sweet and not that great... not used to all the sugar. Since then I just keep walking right by the bowl.

Also, when I did eat the two, I made the DECISION to do so, since I easily had the calories left for that day... didn't just grab them and mindlessly eat them. Consciously knew they would not hurt me and DECIDED to eat them.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 08-23-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #128  
the muse of memory

I traveled to Peru in May. Just prior to the trip, I bought a new handbag to take with me. Have loads of requirements in my traveling handbags: cross-body, lightweight, cute, big enough to carry iPhone, camera, wallet, local currency wallet, pens for postcards, sunglasses and on and on. ANYway, I found one I liked in a cute pattern, but the strap was uncomfortably tight, holding the bag just below my chest.

No problem: I went to ebay and ordered a longer black leather strap and off I went. Well, the first day in Lima, I noticed that the ebay leather strap was rubbing off color onto my blouse! It was only really bad that first day (the blouse has an eyelet patterns yoke that was contributing to the issue by rubbing against the strap, Lima was really, really humid, which probably also contributed) but ugh. I kept scrubbing the strap to get the dye out, still had some issues with transfer on other things. And I was always thinking about it. On a trip like that, also, you really need to wear clothes more than once.

> @ ebay strap.

So when I got back I stopped using that bag. Immediately, ugh.

I lost 5 lbs in Peru and another 20+ lbs since then, though. The jeans that were tight then are too loose now, et cetera, so the other day I got out the bag and the original manufacturer's strap. Fits perfectly. I have a few inches of slack, and am using that bag now. With no unsightly dye transfers from the ebay strap!
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 334/see ticker/184

Height: 6'0"

I bought 3 tops this week. They were so cute, I just had to have them, even though I knew they were too small. Just decided I'd keep them for some extra motivation. Well, I tried them all on and they all actually fit! I guess I'm a size smaller than I thought!
Imato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #130  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I've got one. For years, my left leg has been bothering me. I must have suffered some sort of soft-tissue injury that just never got better. My thigh muscles were so tight from compensating for that, I couldn't lie on a flat surface without bending my knee to a pretty steep degree. I even had trouble getting a kidney scan done because I had to get that leg flat enough to slide through the machine.

Anyway, I decided to get some physical therapy a few months ago, now that I've lost so much weight. I've been working on my stretches pretty regularly and can now - with just a couple of minutes of working at it - get that leg flat. It hurts like h*** after a few minutes, but I can do it for longer and longer periods. I'm pretty stoked about it.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

At a family party, they ordered a few pizzas-my favorite. I didn't have any! Even though I wanted it so badly...I stayed strong.

At work today there was free pizza and sweets-I resisted.

As you can tell, I love pizza! I miss it but I don't miss the grease and sodium bloat
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #132  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have a couple of NSVs!!

Yesterday morning I started to get ready for work and... oops... no clean underwear. So I dug into my "too small" drawer and got some out... they fit!! Yay!

Also at work our company landlord brought around an ice cream truck to give everyone free ice cream. I did not eat any, even though I had to go out to go home and they were serving it, and had to move their truck so I could get my car.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #133  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Here's another one for me: the heat doesn't bother me as much at it used to. We've had warm weather the last few days and my living room thermometer says it's 80 in here. Last year, I would have the a/c blasting but now, it's not unbearable. So I'm saving money on my electric bill!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Ran into my ex (dated for 3 years, broke up in May, and I've lost 40lbs since) on campus, and he said (without prompt) "You look good, by the way" mid-conversation, complimented me on my recent hair change as well. As he was about to leave, I asked him to hug me to see how much smaller I felt and he gave me a one-arm side hug and then started feeling around my ribs/hips and he definitely seemed impressed.

Good feeling to see that he noticed it! Somewhat bummed that he didn't ask me to coffee or something right then and there but oh well, what can you do :P.

Last edited by ParkTrot; 08-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
ParkTrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:35 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 272.2/261.4/140

Height: 5' 4 3/4"

I recently joined 3FC and this has been one of my favorite threads. It is so inspiring to see so many NSVs and more to realize that the scale is great, but not the only way to feel successful. Last night I experienced my first NSV. Around 1am we were coming home from a night out. My husband and sister-in-law were hungry and wanted to stop somewhere. We decided to stop at an all night restaurant with no healthy options. As I looked at the menu I realized I wasn't really hungry. I could have easily chosen something and worked it into my daily calorie allowance, but I stuck with coffee and was content. In the past U tended to eat just to eat, hungry or not. It felt so good to recognize I wasn't hungry and follow those cues!

Last edited by Tande784; 08-26-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Tande784 is offline   Reply With Quote