3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   fat nightmares (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/262704-fat-nightmares.html)

valalltogether 07-11-2012 11:28 AM

fat nightmares

ok, maybe not nightmares...but, something weird is in the past couple nights i've seen myself in my dreams as being way fatter than i currently am (or actually than i've really ever been).

like, for example, i applied for a passport about 3 weeks ago (and anxiously awaiting my passport book in the mail weee). now, i KNOW what i look like, i have a duplicate photo here...but recently i had a dream that i got my passport and i looked AWFUL. huge double chin, hair tied up and scraggly..maybe I even had acne.

and then just last night, i also had another vision of myself where my face was incredibly plump, and i had more of that double chin action going on..

i hope these aren't psychic dreams..euughh! i just think i'm going :dizzy:

Arctic Mama 07-11-2012 12:06 PM

Haha! I have had dreams about binging or going off plan and I wake up freaked out. It takes me a moment or two to remember this is reality and I have much better control (and outcomes) than in my dreams. I generally alternate those dreams and baby dreams, and I can tell you which ones I prefer ;)

alaskanlaughter 07-11-2012 12:09 PM

i havent had fat nightmares but i've dreamed about eating massive quantities of chocolate cake and woke up feeling SO BAD and then realized it was a dream LOL

dreams also have cued me in to my body....one time i had been really pushing myself at the gym and i had a dream where i literally could NOT move my legs even though i was in a hurry in my dream....i understood that dream and gave myself a couple days of rest from the gym before going back to pushing my limits there

also had a dream once that i was ready to run again....i had taken almost a month off of running because i messed up part of my knee...switched to climbing inclines on the treadmill instead...anyhow i dreamed that i was sitting by the pool (not that those exist in alaska lol) and i thought "omg i'm late for my run!" and i was all excited to go run again...and the next day i ran a little and sure enough, my knee was healed enough to run on it again

ringmaster 07-12-2012 02:19 AM

I sorta had a fat dream a couple of months ago. I usually don't remember my dreams, but this one was weird, like I was on the outside looking in. I was on the beach and everyone around was wearing bathing suits and having a good time, but I saw myself sitting alone wearing my fat clothes wishing I could be having fun too. I think I was seeing myself the way everyone else probably sees me. Not sure if it was just reflecting how I've felt the last couple of years or if it's just my subconscious telling me to get my self together and start enjoying my life.

twinieten 07-12-2012 08:47 AM

I had a horrible fat dream the other night, that I had huge rolls and folds and I was lifting them up, moving and shifting them so I could wash in the folds! Horrible!!

I love the one up there about eating cake and then waking up feeling guilty! LOL! :dizzy:

juliana77 07-12-2012 08:53 AM

I had a dream the other night that wasn't about me being fat or feeling anxious about it, but I was fat in the dream. I guess my subconscious hasn't adjusted yet. It was a weird feeling when I woke up though!