Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Default what am I doing

WRONG?

Seriously.. I joined a gym and I barely ever have huge pig outs (binges) anymore.. and I'm STILL not loosing weight. UGH!

I feel like I'm NEVER going to get out of the 340's I have tried my hardest and NOTHING is working.. I've been to the doctors and they 'say' there's nothing wrong with me.. but I'm starting to think there is.. I cant lose weight.

Everyday my weight fluctuates. (Is this normal.) i mean I weigh myself everyday and my weight can fluctuate 3-4lbs every day THEN on my 'official' weigh day my weight is back up.. I'm only a lb down from where I started this 2-3 weeks ago. That's SOOO frustrating!

I mean everyone told me that since i'm so 'big' (yes that's the word they use) that I will lose weight fast to start with and then eventually even out.. I'm not seeing this..

It's just I'm REALLY frustrated and I'm about to give up any hope that I'll be able to lose weight.
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #2  
present!

S/C/G: 200/174/145

Height: 5'3"

First of all ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Second of all, in order for us to help we will need to know what you're doing. Can you post a sample of a few days of eating and let us know what you are doing for activity?
Spinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Activity is good but weight loss depends on a calorie deficit. Have you been counting calories?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Calories dictate fat loss or gain.

I'd start there.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #5  

Yes.. I do count calories.. I stay at 1500 or below.

Well I normally don't eat breakfast (Because I always feel sick after I eat it Been that way since before High School) But If I do then it's normally a banana or other fruit. Lunch is usually those low calorie Green Giant packets (I had Cheesy Rice and Broccoli the other day..) Sometimes I eat the veggie packets which are even less calories then the Green Giant ones.

For Dinner yesterday I had Broccoli and Rice soup. (It was really good) and the day before that I had Egg Plant Parmesan. (wasn't very good but It was healthy).

Today for lunch.. I am having grilled cheese.. But it's wheat bread and very little butter. (it was the only thing in my fridge.

(Keep in mind that I do live at home because of school and no job at the moment so I don't buy food.)

As far as activity.. I go to the gym every other day. (also keep in mind that at 340 it's hard to keep up activity for a long time.) I usually spend 10 minuets on the treadmill and 15 mins on the bike. I also do arm crunches and thigh crunches.. around 10 minuets for each. I go to the gym tomorrow and plan on upping the amount of time I spend on the treadmill and bike. I also do general weight lifting and other stuff.. I usually spend about an hour at the gym.

Then on the days I do not go to the gym I do that Xbox dance. I dance for about five songs which is probably 15mins then rest (It's Hard!) then dance another 15 mins.

I do have cheat days (If I didn't then i would go nuts) which are Fridays.

Oh and for drinks.. I ONLY drink water.. Nothing else.. Although I did go off that Friday and had a glass of Grape juice. But other then that it's water.

Last edited by imnotperfect24; 06-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Do you eat protein?
How do you track your calories? Do you weigh and measure your food?
What are you eating on your cheat days? Do you track your calories on those days, too?
Why do you need cheat days?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

How big are your cheat days? Do you have any thyroid issues?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

How many calories are your cheat days?

Also, how do you calculate calories of things that aren't pre-packaged? Do you weigh the items?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #9  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Hugs!

My husband is 290 lbs and was doing all the right things...I recently encouraged him to go to the doctor because he hasn't dropped weight...turns out there's medical issues and now he's getting the supplements he needs and is able to have more Sucess...

Have you seen a dr?
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #10  

@seagirl Do you eat protein? Yes. Chicken, beef, pork. I love chicken. Also yogurt.

How do you track your calories? Do you weigh and measure your food?
I use Lose it and just count calories.... I dont measure my food.

What are you eating on your cheat days? Do you track your calories on those days, too?
I usually make pizza. (A lot healthier then at a pizza joint.) Or taco bell. (But I make sure that it's the least amount of calories)

Why do you need cheat days?
Because if I didn't then I would eat the whole fridge during the week. I have binge eating disorder and feel that i "need" a cheat day to stay on track during the week. I will eventually (hopefully) get over that when this weight comes off.. (if it comes off UGH!)

@krampus Not big.. I normally just have Pizza for dinner or something like that. I dont go over my calories that I set myself at the start of this weight loss journey. that means at lunch I normally eat healthy.

No Thyroid issues that I know of.. Last Time I went to the Drs. they checked.

@nelie same as any other day.. I dont go over 1500 but If i do happen to go over.. Then it's only 100 or less over.

I usually look up on line to see how many calories are in what I eat that is not packaged.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #11  

So you've been at this for 3 weeks, are certain you have no medical issues, haven't gone over your "allowed" calories by much if anything, measure and weigh your food and are exercising.

You weight 340 pounds. It takes a lot more than 1500 calories per day to sustain that weight, so if you are being honest with us and with yourself, then the weight should continue to come off (3 pounds have already come off.)

Are you looking for suggestions? For someone to come and say "I was just as diligent and never lost a pound"? For some commiseration?

What do you think might be going on with your body?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #12  
Aussie girl

S/C/G: 210/146/146

Height: 5'4

You have to weigh and measure your food.

How can you count the calories when you don't know how much you are eating.

That is #1.

Weigh, measure and count EVERYTHING!
electrongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #13  

Well actually I've only lost 1.5lbs.

And I have binged.. But it's not an every day thing. (On those days I will admit I went over 1500) I have binged 2 times last week. Still I should be losing weight.

And to be completely honest last time I went to the Dr. they told me that I do not have any medical reason to not lose weight. But that was a while ago. I currently have no health insurance and can not afford to go to the Drs.

And I am here partly to vent.. partly to see if anyone else had the same problem as I do.. and partly to get advice.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #14  
Aussie girl

S/C/G: 210/146/146

Height: 5'4

Weight loss is like 80% diet. You can exercise your butt off but if you aren't eating right, it won't make a difference.

Portion control is KEY! You MUST measure and weigh your food.

I did this every meal, every day and I have lost 65lb.

I NEVER exercised. Ever.
electrongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #15  

How many calories are you eating when you binge. Are these binges in addition to your "cheat" days?