Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:35 PM   #1  

Default Back on the wagon

Well after losing 110 pounds then gaining back 60 then losing 45 of that then putting back on 35 I find myself back in the drivers seat.

After hitting the 110 pound milestone I got a bit cocky/careless with my diet and exercise. I could feel myself putting the weight back on bit by bit.

I feel pretty driven now and want to take more weight off and keep it off. I have to lose another 28 pounds to reach the 100 pound mark again and 38 to reach my original first mini-goal weight of 250lbs.

I find that it helps to set measurable goals for myself on the cardio equipment at the gym. Such as trying to beat my best time in the mile on the treadmill or doing a certain amount of flights of stairs on the stair master.

I just hope this isn't an everlasting roller coaster battle that I have the rest of my life. Only time will tell!

Last edited by bigmike7801; 08-26-2009 at 05:36 PM.
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike7801 View Post

I just hope this isn't an everlasting roller coaster battle that I have the rest of my life. Only time will tell!
Well I do know that if I want to keep the weight off for the rest of my life (and I do, I do!) I will have to be mindful, aware, careful and vigilant the rest of my life. I've come to accept that and I'm fine with it. The benefits are just that great.

Like we all know, once we get complacent, the weight has a (not so) funny way of creeping back on.

I like how you'll be making a game of your fitness endeavors. Sounds like a good idea.

You're a certified loser and I'm sure you'll be having that scale moving downward shortly. I look forward to hearing of your continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #3  

Hi Big Mike! Welcome back on the wagon. You've done well thus far and I'm sure success will continue to be in your grasp.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246/239/170ish

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back on the wagon!
Etudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

hey, BM, I've done a lot of the rollercoaster riding -- down is a lot more fun than up(!) It does seem to me (and this may not be what other people experience) that with each effort I did change and learn, so that now the good habits are easier to maintain and feel more natural to me.

good luck with everything!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

im sorry you fell off the wagon, but like everyone else, you've done the best thing by getting right back on. welcome aboard!
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #7  

Well I wasn't able to stay on for very long and so I'm back again.
bigmike7801 is offline   Reply With Quote