Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 215/142/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone! I have been so busy the last couple of weeks I haven't been able to read or post. Next week I'm going camping all week so won't be able to check in then either. But I caught up reading and I just have to say you all do me so much good. Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself and coming here really helps me stay in reality with how I'm doing. The support here for each other is amazing!

My last couple of weeks I did pretty well and saw a low of 140.4. Over this last weekend were lots of family get togethers and lots of food. I did ok but let myself have a couple of brownies and a piece of cake. Yesterday I found out finally that after a lot of emotional roller coastering I did get accepted with a health ins company for a rate I can afford. This whole process has sucked and I think with the relief of it being done I went nuts on food yesterday. But it was one day and today I will just get back on the horse.
cbigsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #272  

Hi everyone, I am a new member looking for support on this weight loss journey. Yesterday was my first day dieting and posting on this forum.. I know it will be of great help! Today day 2 I am sore, Yesterday I managed not to eat any bread!! I drank 2.5 lts of water, I went on a bike ride with my son & did a 20 min exercise video <--- Well kind of. I couldn't keep up with the video. Good luck to all of us I know that with support we can all accomplish our goal! Keep up the good work eveyone I have seen some awesome progress on plenty of member... I will check in this afternoon to read some more post! Got to go to work... Everyone Make it A Great day!
Campana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Cbigsis have fun camping! You are inspiring so close to goal.

Campana welcome to the check in. I just started joining in here and it's been great to be accountable. I like when I get an exercise DVD and it's hard, because I think "whew I didn't waste my money on something I'll outgrow tomorrow." But then I do have some of those as well...lol.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #274  

cbig, you are doing amazing!!! What a great job 70 pounds off, awesome!!!! you did good you let yourself have a few sweets but like always everything in moderation that is the key!. I cant wait to have a ticker like yours showing all those pounds lost. You must be really proud of yourself.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #275  

Hi Serenity, the workout video was a good workout evethough I couldn't keep up with her. I will try some more so I wont get bored with it. I am anxious in buying the Zumba ones..
Old 07-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
Happy Monday.
Good heavens, am I in a bad food funk. I had chorus rehearsal yesterday morning, 8:30-12:00. I ate a good breakfast, but of course with no snack in between I was starving by noon. I had to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home, didn't want to eat any fast-food junk, so I waited it out. Being hungry and shopping isn't smart. I got home, ate a tunafish sandwich (I ate it sooo fast). I was still hungry, so I had some tortilla chips and salsa. Then I wanted something sweet to "finish off my meal", so I had some oreos (my evidence of why shopping while hungry is a bad idea). Then I wanted (and had) more. And more. And more. At 3 or 4 per time, times...I don't know...5 or 6 times, that's a lot of cookies. By the end of my cookie binge I was sick to my stomach. Why in the world did I do that? I had perfectly acceptable snacks (grapes, cherries, nectarines, cantaloupe, etc. etc.). SOOOOO dumb!!! Scale was back up to 191 this morning. I'm mad at myself for this. Really...enough is enough already. Get ahold of yourself! You're not a child who has to rebel against a perceived restriction. ARRGGHH. What is the matter with me? Either I've committed to losing weight or I haven't. I'm pretty solid with my plan Mon-Thurs, then Fri-Sun (at home) I have too much (serving size, sweets, calories, etc). Week after week.

I started this post almost 4 hours ago and just now had a minute to finish it. I'll have more time for personals tomorrow. Sorry for ending in a rant. I need to give myself a good talking to.
Moon: I feel ya on this, that has happened to me too. I know I shouldn't have had the food and I keep eating it. I dislike when that happens to me. There is no reason why we should of done it but we couldn't help tasting it. Someone once told me the first bite of it will taste the same all the other times, so why continue eating it. I hope you feel better.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campana View Post
Moon: I feel ya on this, that has happened to me too. I know I shouldn't have had the food and I keep eating it. I dislike when that happens to me. There is no reason why we should of done it but we couldn't help tasting it. Someone once told me the first bite of it will taste the same all the other times, so why continue eating it. I hope you feel better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Diana - If you came close to matching them, then you did way better than either of us, Keep it going! I am so happy for you Our numbers sucked, but figure as long as we see a difference per test, then we are improving and it's worth it

Moon - I am so sorry you are having struggles during certain days. Commit though, figure out where the weaknesses are (like you are doing), then plan a way to fix it... you CAN do this!!! You just have to stick to your plan. Find a new inspirational visual to use... a picture, something... anything that will kick you in the butt when you need to and look at it
I like your advise about visualizing! Thanks I will keep that in mind.

By the way congrats on all those pounds you have lost!
Old 07-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #278  

Chubbygirl way to go on doing 2 hours of workout! You will deffenitly begin to show those pounds off in the scale and in your appearance. I've heard that during our TOM if you are good in your diet plan you will loose even more.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:47 PM   #279  

Between work, job interviews, doc appts and other errands this week is jammed packed for me the next time I will be able to exercise is Thursday evening. Also I will make sure to prepare meals at night so that I have healthy options for lunch each day.

Thanks,
Lulu
Lulu Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #280  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Diva - I think you will be as successful as you put your mind to. You can totally own this! Whatever method works for you is the one you should stick with So happy you seem to have found something that fits what you were looking for
As far as BeachBody looking to put me in a video, Not when they have machines like the ones in the videos for this one! I will say though that it's not my cup of tea to be "put out there" like that either... although I did take my before pics so when I get my after I can get the t-shirt... I will have earned it You are right though, the fit test is a workout equivalent. I burned high 200's for calories in that shorter amount of time... usually takes me running 2.5 miles + warm up walk and cool down walk (47 mins) to burn the same amount...and fit test was less than 30 mins :O
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #281  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Here's my post about today's Insanity workout:
Leslie Sansone 2 Mile from Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs
Insanity Cardio Recovery

I thought Cardio Recovery was going to be a lighter cardio workout (compared to the regular workouts ) Here's the description: Shaun goes easier on you once a week so you're ready for the next round I did the Leslie workout with the idea of keeping it lighter, but knowing I need cardio. Well, Cardio Recovery is a stretch workout. It's tough, though. My legs were getting shaky at certain points. I might even be a little sore tomorrow. We'll see. I might keep doing this workout, but doing a little more intense 30 minute cardio workout the same day. Cardio Recovery is about 30 minutes.

Misti Great job on the pound!

Itsmyturn I think injuries are a big concern with Insanity. We will have to make sure we go at our own pace/level and make sure we use proper form. Did you do your first Insanity workout today?

Serenity I agree that the BB programs are expensive. The good thing is that they are a complete system. Good job on your yoga and bike workouts.

ETA: Another complete system that's a really good deal is Supreme 90. They have it at Big Lots right now for $4! The production values are not as good as BB, but we are talking $4 vs. $100+.

Cbigsis Hi It's good to see you.

Campana Hi and welcome to the check-in!

Lulu Good job making a plan for healthy options.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #282  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 500 calories
Steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Leslie Sansone 2 Mile from Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs
Insanity Cardio Recovery
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #283  
Trying to live below 200

Here's a link to the new August thread! Please join us over there: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-welcome.html