Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #16  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm smaller than you but I have a large build and I started at about size 16-18 or XL, and now wear comfortable M and some S... and my pants vary from 8 to 6. My dress size is a 4. So I would say that it all depends on your body shape but it is definitely not impossible!! keep working hard and whatever size you get to and you feel comfortable at, that's where you'll know you're good. It may or may not be a size 2. It's just so hard to tell when you are starting, to know where you'll end up Just stay strong and keep working for it!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:19 AM   #17  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Seriously????? You want to be 120 and a size 2???? Are you nuts??? Im only an inch taller than you or so..5"11 3/4 ...For a person who is 5"11...the healthy normal weight is between 170-180....Getting down to 120 short of starving yourself is really unhealthy..Its not good to be that severely underweight...I dont think you would want to look that gaunt...People would be asking you like crazy if you are sick..and on top of it...guys hate girls who are that skinny...they rather see some meat on some bones...Skeletons dont make for a great date...

A lot of sarcasm i know..but my point is: Being a size 2 when you are 5"10 is very un-natural...and im honestly not sure that you can get down to that size without going about it in a very unhealthy way...

What would make you want to be that skinny??? People already tell me that if i got to 180 for my height, i would look like a twig.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:25 AM   #18  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
I have relatively big thighs for my height and weight. I have always been built like a sprinter, and even though my legs are big, they are meaty! It used to bother me, and I definitely do not rock the skinny jeans well, but screw it!

I found ways to embrace my super thighs! I can do the most amazing squats and maintain difficult moves in dance class much longer and much deeper than anyone else. No one is probably actually jealous, but I feel darn good about it every time I squat almost to the floor and keep it there while rocking out to Zumba moves with my arms! My super quads do allow me to accelerate very quickly when I do run, so even though I stink at distance, I can still outrun men and women who are technically more athletic than me for short distances.

So I cant wear certain styles on the bottom, so what? Weight loss is a huge mind makeover, especially how we view success and accepting our bodies...along the way and at goal!
I have super quads too! I love them, TBH. They're pretty much all muscle, with a little bit of annoying loose skin on top

I wear skinny jeans anyway. Screw it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slush View Post
The main reason it bugs me, is because of my legs. I don't want "big" legs. My mother says i'll always have big legs. The size 2 really was just a joke. I don't want my bones popping out and I want doctors off my back for my weight, so i wouldn't want them complaining that i'm underweight, lol.

My main goals are to look good in a swimsuit (whether that be a one piece or not), the ability to wear skirts and shorts that don't go to my knees, a little above, but not crotch riders, lmao. I just want to feel normal. Now, i only wear shorts that go to my knees. I NEVER wear skirts because my thighs rub together and it hurts. Those are my REAL goals, so don't worry, i'm not in la la land. It's just going to be very upsetting if i lose all the weight and my thighs still rub, so i can't wear skirts and the few things that i want to. Yes, i'll be healthier, but i won't be much happier. My goals aren't unrealistic in my opinion. I honestly just want to be normal and not feel like a fat girl.
It's tough really, because we can have these goals for ourselves and find that things turn out completely different when we get down to a weight we're comfortable at.

I got down to 107 unintentionally. While it's still within the healthy weight range for my height, it wasn't healthy for me at all. My thighs just stopped rubbing together barely. Now as of yesterday I'm at 110 and my thighs rub together again. I'm just meant to have thighs that do I guess.

Things is, I couldn't wear skirts either. Now I can, even with thighs that rub together because they certainly don't rub together as much as they did before! I remember getting chaffed wearing skirts and how painful it was to walk around in a skirt or dress all day unless I wore leggings underneath.

There was a certain way I pictured myself as a thin person and I don't quite look like that due to my build and how I carry fat and build muscle. I'm still very happy not just with how I look, but with what I can do too that I'm not all that broken up about these differences.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #19  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
There was a certain way I pictured myself as a thin person and I don't quite look like that due to my build and how I carry fat and build muscle. I'm still very happy not just with how I look, but with what I can do too that I'm not all that broken up about these differences.
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss! Great sentiment.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:59 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

If you want to be 120lbs and a size 2, go for it! It's in your hands.

However I wouldn't recommend losing that much as you're a tall woman like myself. You really don't have to be 120lbs to be thin or average!

Whatever you decide your main goal will be, just don't forget to celebrate on the way.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

My highest weight was almost 350. I'm now 125 pounds and wearing size 2's and 4's. I had HUGE thighs.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I have the biggest thunder thigs EVER!!! I hate them, they are massive!
For me, I could never be a size 2 or 120lbs. I have a very large build and am very hippy (and thigh-y as I mentioned lol) so I'm striving for 155-160 and maybe a size 8.
I agree with the others, 120lbs for your height seems really low. But I think the skinny jeans and short skirt goals are very realistic! You don't have to be a size 2 to look good in them.

Last edited by PinkLotus; 06-27-2012 at 10:35 AM.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
I just want to interject that you do not have to be stick thin to rock some skinny Jeans. I'm 189, 5'6 and I wear skinny Jeans. I think I look fabulous in them. I think you'll be in skinny Jeans long before you hit 130. I know I am, and I'm living every minute of my new (though still overweight) bod.
This. Today I am 184.5lbs. I wear skinny jeans. I have big thighs and a butt and 15" calves. I wanted to wear them but was scared I was one of those people who "shouldn't" wear them. I only had some pairs to tuck into boots but then I got brave one date night with my boyfriend and wore them with heels. He loved it. Then I started wearing them around my friends. Then my family. My mother said to me "Wow, I wouldn't have thought skinny jeans would look good on us, but they look great!" By us she meant the women in my family, we're all pretty much built the same.

Anyway. Despite the name, skinny jeans are not just for skinny women. Go for it!
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 AM   #24  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

If you weight train you can get into a size 2 FAR before you hit 120 lbs (which I think is much too low of a weight for someone your (our) height!).

I lift heavy and at 166 lbs I wear a 6. I bought a size 4, fitted, dress yesterday. It can be done!!

Just focus on making progress every day. Before you know it, you'll look back and realize how far you've come! Just take it day by day, and NEVER give up!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #25  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

What size you eventually fit into totally depends on your build -as does your end weight. You'll know when you get closer what size/weight it will be. It's so hard to know when you are very overweight. Even knowing your high school weight might not be a good reflection on what your mature adult weight will be.

Just take it one day at a time and see where it leads you!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #26  

Height: 5'1

I'd definitely consider being a size 2 and 120lbs at your height before wanting to get to that size/weight. As people have mentioned, it could be a dangerous weight to be at due to being a tall woman. With that being said, don't allow what your mother says to you get you down or discouraged. You can be whatever you want to do, but please do consider the risks that could come with being 120lbs at your height.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #27  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardend1va View Post
It is my prediction that being as young and being as tall as you are, if you do weight training along with the other things you are doing, that you will look fantastic even before you hit your goal of 150.

If you ever watch The Biggest Loser, those women really start to look great well before they ever are done on the show, and it is due in large part to all the weight training they do.

There is nothing stopping you from going as far as you wish in this weightloss journey, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised to discover you don't have to be 120 lbs to be smokin' hot.
THIS!^

At 5'9, I used to fantasize about being 120...but then when I started seeing a lot of visuals on women of my height, and even shorter, that were 120...it's definitely a huge wake up call. I would, honestly, probably look skeletal (since my shattered arm deters me from really bulking up in muscle) if I were to get down that low. So, at 5'10, I think you're going to be killing the runway long before 120. Which is great, since you don't have far to go!
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 282/TICKER/140

Height: 5'6.5

Just to let you know, I may not look amazing and slim in them, but I wear skinny jeans at my current weight and feel ok in them! You may find that you can wear skinny jeans and feel good about it way before you hit goal

As for the size 2 - I completely agree with keeping the size you want to be as your own little secret. I have a longing to fit in to a UK size 6 pair of jeans (which I think is a US size 2) that I haven't told anyone about, because I know that they would react much like your mother did and tell me I would never get there - it's happened before when a group of friends were discussing our weights and I told them I wanted to weigh 135 (tiny little lie lol). So, I say keep your final goals to yourself and share them with world when you get there!
aseret123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
For a person who is 5"11...the healthy normal weight is between 170-180
Actually, for a woman who is 5'11" (like me), the healthy weight range is 133 to 179 pounds, corresponding to a BMI of 18.5 to 25.

F.

Last edited by freelancemomma; 06-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

All I can tell you is that I've been much happier and have had much better success with weight loss, now that I no longer think about or care whether or not I'll ever be able to be the size I want to be.

First and formost, I'm extremely grateful for being the size I am now, rather than the size I was at my highest weight, and before you can say "easy for you to say, you've lost 105 lbs," I have to tell you that I've been doing this since the first 20 lbs.

I would have been doing it from the first pound, but I didn't realize I had lost the first 20 (long story, but basically I lose 20 lbs as a result of getting better sleep from sleep apnea treatment. Didn't have a scale, so didn't know I'd lost 20 lbs).

I focus on the next pound, not whether or not I'll ever get to a specific size. I focus on "not gaining" as my primary goal (which means I get to celebrate almost every time I get on the scale), and while I'm doing the work of not gaining I might as well work on trying to get one more pound off (but only one, I don't think further ahead than the next pound).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote