Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here. One way worked, the other doesn't. Go back to doing what worked. It seems that 1200 calories doesn't work for you - at least right now. Logic tells us one thing, but apparently our metabolisms don't function on logic.

And I'm with Lori Bell on this one - (Lori Bell - you have been an inspiration to me, by the way.) Just keeping at it steadily brings success. I did exactly what she did - and while I lost less than half what she did - it was fairly quick (8 1/2 months to lose 90 pounds) and there was never a week that I gained weight. Just keep doing what works. Good luck. You seem to be doing really well. Just keep it up.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I did 1200 calories a day (most days with a few 1500 days sprinkled in) all the way from 333 pounds to 140ish. I never had a plateau, never gained, and lost 190 pound fairly quickly. I found 1200 calories a day a very doable and effective weight loss plan for ME... Though I think I'm one of the very lucky few to have had such great success in following such a structured "starvation" diet!

I would eat whatever you feel comfortable with and an amount your Doctor also agrees on.
Ditto. Well, I did have some times my weight loss stopped for a week or two, but I don't guess that's considered a plateau. I ate whole, filling foods and was never hungry. It's amazing how much veggies, lean protein and fruit you can eat and stay around 1200 calories.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #18  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

1200 calories wouldn't be enough for me. But that is me. Some days I'll eat around that but it isn't on purpose, it's because I'm not that hungry that day.
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwestc32 View Post
I think you started in a wrong way.1200 is very hard to believe.Please keep one thing in mind don't do anything in an unbalanced way.Take food needed for your healthy life.avoid non veg food,oil,too much salt,then one thing especially sugar.Then drink plenty of water.avoid burgers,pastries,pizza etc.Prepare homely food.then do exercise only for two times,one on the morning for half hour without food and then on the evening before bath.

Actually, if you are going to keep "one thing in mind" don't let that thing be any of this nonsense up here.

Homely food? What in the world is homely food? Ugly food? Food that never gets any attention from the opposite sex?

To the Op; There is no one-size fits all formula. You have to experiment to find what works for you, and give each "experiment" a fair amount of time before you evaluate it's effectiveness. Even then, once your body composition changes you may find that what once worked now no longer does! It can be frustrating, and it can be a lifelong process to continue to make improvements to your body, but it's well worth the effort it takes.

Use common-sense, ask for advice when needed, but in the end you have to do what works for you.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

There are a lot of weird bots that pop up here...

At 1200 vs 1400 how do you feel? If you start feeling mentally sluggish, tired all the time etc you're eating less than you need.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

@Joss - Haha, what on earth was that about? They seem to have deleted the post anyway. And yeah, you're totally right that the effectiveness of one method will change over time as your body changes. I'm not giving up! And by the way, you are massively inspiring. I started lifting weights more after reading a few of your posts.

Krampus - I was actually doing really fine at 1200, I wasn't tired or hungry at all - it was just making my scale stick! I've been on 1400-1500 for the last couple of days and I feel the same energy-wise, but I already dropped a pound! How crazy is that!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote