Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

I WONT stop myself from eating what I want.. I just eat a LOT less of it. If i want a cookie I'm goign to eat a damn cookie. plain and simple. Weight loss is not about starving myself it's about the steady eating healthy LIFE CHANGE not diet.

It seems to be working so far.. I've lost 10lbs.. My first mini goal!
imnotperfect24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #32  
Summer 2012! :)

S/C/G: 350/165/165

Height: 5'11

things i've always refused to do & never will:

- eat healthy food i don't even enjoy
- throw up
- starve
- pills
- laxatives
- nonsense naturopathic-based cleanes/detoxes/nonsense.
- jenny craig/nutrisystem/herbal magic/dr berenstain bears or whatever his name is/etc
- measure/weigh myself excessively. once a month on the scale; rarely in inches...focus on how my clothes feel/mirror.
- loose skin surgery or stomach surgery
- endurance run
- wear lululemon/t&a...lol.
- feel bad that i had to do it alone. i'm my own person. i don't mind. my mom/sister/friends are responsible for themselves.

Last edited by trancedreamer; 06-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.
trancedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #33  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
I will NOT:

- Starve myself
- Do any sort of fast, cleanse or detox
- Do exercise that I do not enjoy
- Omit entire food groups or macronutrients
- Resort to any sort of medical procedure or surgery
- Compete with anyone else
Great list! I'm completely with you on not doing exercise I don't enjoy. I can't get myself to the gym unless I imagine doing the exercises that I like.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I will not:

- stop at 180lbs because I was just born to be big
- stop during midterms, finals or other stressful occurrences. Gaining weight will make me feel worse.
- let my "feeder" parents coerce me into eating more when I visit
- Go to the gym every day for 90 minutes, I don't have the time and I can't maintain that.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #35  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I won't eat 'diet' foods!!!!!!!

I won't go hungry. Like already mentioned, if I'm starving - I'm doing it wrong!

I also refuse to force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

I won't put an end date on my goal. This is my life!

Last edited by ValRock; 06-24-2012 at 01:06 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

no starving or really low calorie diets which may cause muscle loss- I know I wouldn't be happy as a skinny fat, I want some muscle tone!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #37  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i will not:

- starve or purge myself...i hate throwing up and i have no willpower
- pay a ton of money for diet systems
- use diet pills of any sort - i tried once and my heart didnt like it, beat too fast or something

I WILL NOT MAKE EXCUSES!! - for slacking on exercise, for eating crap, etc...this is my life, no one else's, and my health is non-negotiable...i will NOT end up old, frail, in a wheelchair for my bad back, etc because i failed to take charge of my health while i can
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

I won't

- give up my favourite foods
- make myself eat things I hate simply because they're good for me
- starve myself/ignore my hunger cues
- give up before the last few pounds!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:51 AM   #39  
CurlBro

S/C/G: 181/150/138

Height: 5'8

I almost tried an Ephedrine + Caffeine stack to break my recent plateau, but I assured myself that my heart's health isn't worth an extra pound lost a week. I know Ephedrine is relatively safe if you monitor your blood pressure often while using it, along with heart beats per minute and taking the correct dosage, but I'd rather not risk it.
Sly Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 288/288/175

Height: 174cm

I won't reduce my tea intake. Sure, it's momentarily scary when the scales are two pounds up just from a cuppa. I will remember it's just liquid, not fat.

I won't make myself throw up if I feel guilty after eating. Never done it before, no reason to start now. I need to be responsible for what I eat.

I won't try any specific diets. They don't work long term. Healthy eating choices and portion control are sufficient.

I won't use pregnancy (when I get there - hopefully soon) as an excuse to pig out. Eating for two is a myth. I haven't worked so hard to lose over fifty pounds just to put it straight back on again.

I won't compare my weight loss to anyone else's. Every body is different, and everyone's on a different plan. It would be like comparing my bicycle to a speedboat and complaining that I'm too slow and rubbish at going over water.
Brid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #41  
Too stubborn to quit.

S/C/G: 305/300/200

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
I won't compare my weight loss to anyone else's. Every body is different, and everyone's on a different plan. It would be like comparing my bicycle to a speedboat and complaining that I'm too slow and rubbish at going over water.
I love this.

- I won't let other people make me feel inadequate for taking my weight loss/fitness slowly.
- I won't quit drinking coffee. I know it's not the best thing to drink, but it's better than sugary cokes.
- I won't take diet pills, no matter how often they're suggested.
- I won't get WLS or any other procedure done to make myself 'more attractive.' I'll feel best about myself when it's MY hard work that's gotten me where I want to be.
- I won't wait to be thinner to feel good about myself. Fat does not mean ugly. Fat does not mean worthless. Fat does not mean I'm a glutton. I'm pretty no matter what size I am.
- I won't do pushups. Or pullups.
- I won't starve, binge, purge, or overly restrict myself. Like so many others said, if I want it, I'll eat it. Maybe it'll be candy, maybe it'll be chips. Maybe it'll be wasabi peas. But if I want to, I'll have it.
- I won't listen to those that seem to think I'm 'screwing up' if I do decide to have a handful of chips. It's my journey, and I'll take all the steps I need to in order to do this right.
InkPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I won't give up my night's out - a girl's got to live!

I won't give up coffee. Ever. End of.

I won't eat that bit of cake I don't fancy just because someone says "one bit won't kill me"

I won't do "miracle" diet pills or other schemes like it.

I won't kid myself about my losses (i.e. pretend that gain is down to heavier clothes or whatever)

I won't stop coming on 3FC and being inspired by the amazing transformations on here!

I (probably) won't ever get round to doing any exercise other than walking because I'm too lazy
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #43  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

There's so much good sense and lessons learned here! I can't add anything of value that would inspire, so I'll just add my Law: I will never get so obsessed with calories that I pass up a great craft microbrew for a commercial "lite" beer!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 132/100/100

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brid View Post
I won't use pregnancy (when I get there - hopefully soon) as an excuse to pig out. Eating for two is a myth. I haven't worked so hard to lose over fifty pounds just to put it straight back on again.
Oh, this is a good one too! Trying to get pregnant and I have mixed feelings. I'll be excited once I manage but I'll also be very very apprehensive about the weight gain. I keep telling myself that when I reach that stage as long as I only eat 200-300 extra calories that my weight gain will be normal and healthy for the baby. There's no need for me to go to either extreme of using it for an excuse to eat everything or to try and regiment my weight too much.

Good luck with trying!
Kayriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayriel View Post
Oh, this is a good one too! Trying to get pregnant and I have mixed feelings. I'll be excited once I manage but I'll also be very very apprehensive about the weight gain. I keep telling myself that when I reach that stage as long as I only eat 200-300 extra calories that my weight gain will be normal and healthy for the baby. There's no need for me to go to either extreme of using it for an excuse to eat everything or to try and regiment my weight too much.

Good luck with trying!
I"m in the same boat. Right now my #2 goal besides losing weight and being healthy for myself, is to lose weight and be healthy so I can have kids someday. I'm just scared when I get there that I'll put on all the weight I just lost and find it impossible to lose again.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote