Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #1  

Unhappy May not meet 15lbs June weight-loss goal . . Help!!

I am at a point where I exercise regularly. I get an average of 1 hour of Cycling each day, and have been doing this for a couple of months now. However, I don't see the weight dropping off.

My daily intake averages about 1500 calories a day, and I currently weigh about 160lbs still( have been at this point for about 2 months now). I added toning exercises in my routine(5 minutes each, about 2 times a week ), but I am not seeing the weight drop off.

I am afraid that if I cut down on calories, I might be doing myself more harm than good given that again, I exercise EVERYDAY, for about an hour each day, and what I want is not drastic weight loss but a sort of measured loss over a period.

What can you suggest I do to help boost weight loss and get me to, or near my goal please? At this point, I probably don't think I can loose 15lbs in June but maybe by the end of July. What can I do differently please?
kobojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I would change up my exercise.Do different cardio,take some classes... up your game so to speak.I don't know what your diet looks like take another look at what you are eating,make sure you weight/measure your food.You might be eating more than you think.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

what is the dire emergency of losing 15 pounds in June?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #4  

I am 5ft 4inches and weigh 160lbs. There is no dire emergency, only that I have been battling with the same goal since the very beginning of the year, and falling short each month.

I am definitely down to an average of about 1500 calories a day now, and I am struggling with figuring out what is holding my body back. I am on the Cabbage and noodles for dinner diet( half a cabbage and a pack of ramen noodles). Sometimes I switch it withr rice. For lunch I switch up between apples (3 or 4 depending on how large), and fibre bars( about 4 of the 90 calories per pack kinds), and a bowl of beans/or oatmeal for breakfast. I take vitamin pills, and down a can of canned tuna(water) every other day for proteins.
kobojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

First, revise your goal. Slow is good.

Second, revise your diet. That is way too many carbs, and not enough protein.
How is that diet even sustainable or healthy?

Maybe visit a nutritionist to get some good meal plans?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #6  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Just based on what you've posted ...
I've got to think the sodium from the ramen can't be helping... and the amount of fiber you must be getting from the apples, beans/oatmeal, and bars may be doing more harm than good.
And definitely would go with more protein.

I do 1400 cals a day and have a ton of variety... maybe start with switching up the diet.

Best of luck!
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 325/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
Second, revise your diet. That is way too many carbs, and not enough protein.
Also the amount of total sugar in 3-4 apples is enough to throw anyone's body into a metabolic rollercoaster.

I have found that I can't have more than 10-15g of grain carbs at any one time or my body balloons, so I try to stick with protein, and veggies mostly with fresh fruit for desserts and treats.

You don't mention how much water you are drinking a day. That can make a huge difference in weightloss. My goal is 1/2 my body weight in ounces each day.

Good luck
Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

If it were me I would: Cut down on the carbs (especially the very process ones like Ramen), up the protein A LOT, up my calories a few hundred, and keep on keepin on.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #9  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobojunkie View Post
I am 5ft 4inches and weigh 160lbs. There is no dire emergency, only that I have been battling with the same goal since the very beginning of the year, and falling short each month.

I am definitely down to an average of about 1500 calories a day now, and I am struggling with figuring out what is holding my body back. I am on the Cabbage and noodles for dinner diet( half a cabbage and a pack of ramen noodles). Sometimes I switch it withr rice. For lunch I switch up between apples (3 or 4 depending on how large), and fibre bars( about 4 of the 90 calories per pack kinds), and a bowl of beans/or oatmeal for breakfast. I take vitamin pills, and down a can of canned tuna(water) every other day for proteins.

Wow, your diet is atrocious my dear! 1500 calories should be a fine amount to lose on but the composition of those calories is really lacking.

I suggest something a little more like this;

Breakfast: Keep the oatmeal, but add some eggs/egg whites or low fat greek yogurt/cottage cheese for protein.

Lunch: Protein! Have a big old salad with tons of awesome veggies (cucumber, tomato, chickpeas or lentils, roasted eggplant and zuchinni... the combinations are endless) and some protein like grilled chicken, fish, turkey, steak, tofu, or tuna.

Dinner: More protein! Have some broccoli, asparagus, califlour, eggplant, brussels sprouts, green beans or whatever fiberous veggies you like and have another lean protein source with it. Make a salad, stir fry, grill up a bunch of healthy goodies on the grill... there are so many really fantastic possibilities!

Ditch the RAMEN for sure; that stuff is deep fried before it's freeze dried and shoved into that pouch with all that sodium. Nothing at all redeeming about those noodles.

The apples and fiber bars are fine for snacks in between meals, but I would limit them to one per day. Apples and fiber bars aren't bad for you, but a wider variety of things would go a long way toward making sure you get the nutrients your body needs. Other good snacks are baby carrots and hummus or celery and peanut butter, string cheese, turkey slices, low sugar protein bars, whole wheat bread with sugar free jam and natural peanut butter, steamed edamame, tuna pouches... again, the list goes on and on.

Your diet overall seems to be lacking in good fats, so don't be afraid to add in some olive oil, avocado, fish oil pills, peanut butter, mixed nuts and full fat dairy products. Not getting enough fats can really jack up your hormones and prevent you from losing fat.

Don't be afraid to branch out!

Last edited by JossFit; 06-15-2012 at 05:40 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote