Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #1  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Default Stuck... Advice?

I've finally had a successful and enjoyable weight loss experience. This is the easiest it has beem, as well as the lowest weight.

So by no means am I complaining. If it wants to slow down, I can wait.

However...I'd rather not. I've tried changing up my diet some, my exercise. But I'm feeling bloated and wonder if it is water weight. Tried attacking that by drinking water more then.I already do. I don't drink coke, so it can't be sodium from that.

My boyfriend pointed out they do have pills for water weight, but I've never tried it.

I also heard about an apple fast. I don't normally fast, but it sounded interesting. It is supposed to detox you with high fiber, and vitamins. It also is supposef to help get rid of water weight. Basically for two days you eat nothing but apples. I'm wary of the safety of fasts.

Has anyone heard of this or tried it before? Is it safe to do for two days?

Last edited by mlgibson; 06-14-2012 at 09:43 PM.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

Well since you're getting closer to your goal, it's going to eventually slow down some as you have less and less fat to lose. I wouldn't recommend doing the apple fast or whatever. Eating apples for 2 days is hardly healthy at all, and you're not getting the nutrients that you need. Just stick it out by eating healthy & exercising & your body will get rid of the bloat.
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

It is my opinion that fasting and temporary measures to help your body drop water are perfectly safe. Read a little on intermittent fasting. A lot of people use it to maintain or control their weight, or lose weight.

I've never done the apple day, but I've heard about it, and i understand it can be very helpful. I've also heard that people sometimes don't see results the next day, but might see results a day or two later. I can see how an apple day would help!

I've done the steak day, where you eat nothing all day and then have a steak for dinner, and an apple. I like steak days, and I've shed as many as 3 pounds of water.

I've also heard of people doing protein days, where they eat no carbs, just protein all day to shed water weight.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #4  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you both for replying!

It is comforting to know you've heard of it too twinieten. I looked into it more last night too. I'll start it either today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes!
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Intermittent fasting (or short term fasting) is perfectly healthy but it has NOTHING to do with detoxing or cleansing our bodies.

Also, it has nothing to do with water weight and nothing to do with fat loss.

As always - energy surplus or deficit dictates fat loss or gain.

As always - water weight is difficult to pinpoint why you might be carying around. Usually though it is related to stress and/or sodium/potassium.

I'd ask why it is you want to drop 4 more lbs. What are you really trying to accomplish? Figuring that out and pursuing that goal will be much more rewarding than an arbitrary number that the scale should read when you stand on it.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #6  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Well, it is possible too that you can be holding some water becuz of your hormones (monthly bloats; as well as for what John P. said. Of course, if you just give it a few days, it will go away (it can take a week for some ladies though).

I also want to know why you want to lose more than your original goal of 140 lbs -- you are 5' 7" and already at 141 according to your tickers. You must look pretty good at this weight. I think it's time for you to start maintaining; and just like John always says, that's JMHO ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-15-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote