Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #1  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Too much exercise making me sick? /:

So every day I've been doing something active to up my weight loss, but I think I've made myself ill. I don't usually work out EVERY day, I work out every other day. i'm really nauseous and I have a fever. My grandmother says it has something to due with my muscles and the fact that I don't drink Gatorade to replenish the salt that leaves my body. Any ideas on how I can feel better?
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

There should be enough sodium in your diet to make up for what you sweat out. Unless you are doing some serious cardio I really don't think you need to use gatorade, but that's just me, I really dislike drinking calories, and until I got injured, I'd do very intense cardio 5 or 6 hours a week and never drank any gatorade.

If you're sick you're sick. Stop exercising and take care of yourself. It may be as simple as the fact that you caught a bug.

If you are over training and not eating enough that indeed can mess with your immune system. especially if you aren't eating nutritious foods.

Exactly what are you doing exercise wise? Exactly what and how much are you eating?

It's not because you don't drink gatorade though, I'm no doctor but I just can't see that being accurate.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Plus I remember you mentioning you were extremely stress, that can definitely make it easier to catch something.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #4  
It's Kassie Baby!

S/C/G: 250/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I've been doing some pretty intense muscle work, but I haven't been eating much because as you said, I was pretty stressed so that may have something to do with it
kassiebby1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

How intense exactly?

Make sure you're giving your body the nutrition it needs!!

If you're ill, give yourself a little break.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #6  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

It's possible you set yourself up to get sick due to stress, not enough eating enough and then exercising, but none of these things alone caused it. It was likely a combination of things, along with catching a virus. I would rest, as was already suggested, get your health back and then get back to exercise. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for yourself to combat stress, so don't give it up!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #7  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinieten View Post
It's possible you set yourself up to get sick due to stress, not enough eating enough and then exercising, but none of these things alone caused it. It was likely a combination of things, along with catching a virus. I would rest, as was already suggested, get your health back and then get back to exercise. Exercise is one of the best things you can do for yourself to combat stress, so don't give it up!
Exactly.

What your grandmother is suggesting is completely inaccurate. No offense to her I'm sure she means well.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

when i used to start an exercise program, i would always end up sick....not when i tried to eat less, but when i would start to exercise....invariably, i would start to exercise hard, keep it up for a few days, get sick and stop, and never start again....i'm assuming it's because i stressed out my body too much too quickly

last year when i started exercising, i did it differently...i MADE myself start very slowly although i know i could have worked out harder....and gradually worked up to some intense things...and i let my body adapt to it and i DID NOT get sick
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Adrenal fatigue is a slight possibility... I've been there before. But we're talking 3+ hours of high intensity exercise a day + not eating enough + not sleeping enough + sickness + severe stress.

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/what-is-adrenal-fatigue
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote