Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 12:52 PM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Angry 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#305

WELCOME!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME!

Last edited by QueenB; 03-26-2003 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:27 PM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

HI guys.... I have funny story to share.
You know how I mention I only weigh in another state so that I stay off the scales. Well... I went to weigh and the scale showed a 23 lb GAIN in one week !!!!
I was just totally shocked.
I looked again... and then AGAIN...... Yep... up 23 lbs !!!!
Then ... suddenly... I noticed it also showed that I lost 100 lbs too.
The scale was broken. LOL LOL
It showed me in the 200's instead of the 300's. LOL
What a rollercoaster ride that was.

So.. I don't know if I lost or not. And that is okay.
My responsiblity is to follow my food plan. I have no power over the results.
Sometimes we lose when we don't deserve to... and sometimes we gain when we don't deserve that either. That is why I stay away from the scales. I don't always have the "maturity" required to accept that fact of life. LOL

I know I feel better on plan.
I know I am happier on plan.
I don't need to know if I lost a pound in a week or not.
I know it will come off... if I stay true to my food plan.
Old 03-26-2003, 02:47 PM   #3  

Ok now I'm so so mad !!!! That lovely finger that hits whatever the magic key is when you have this long post all ready to go and then poof it's gone!!!

Okay, let me start again.......

2cute, you make me so hard. I wish I could not worry about the scales, but hey there are far worse things I could be addicted to than the scales. But wow, if it told me I had gained 23lbs in 1 week I would have shot the thing there on site, or at least given it a good pounding .

Tina, I know I have given either 2cute or Lucky heck about this before STARTING A NEW THREAD DOES NOT COUNT AS A POST. So get those fingers a moving there chickee pooh.

Me.......I had been getting lax about the exercise thing again...but yesterday and today I decided to walk to the end of the road and back, it's all up hill coming back. Well I thought it was a mile round trip.......guess what?????? Its 1 mile and 2/10ths. So hurray for me, did more than I thought. The food is all still good, staying within the points range. Tomorrow is official day~~ I will post you know. But I have to meet my boss in 3 towns over at 7 a.m tomorrow to go to a training seminar that is 1 hour away....that gets over at 1:30 and I have to be back in my own town at 3:30 to be at a parent/teacher conference for my oldest, to see if he still needs/qualifys for special needs for his reading. He is in the 5th grade and all the tests they did say he is reading and comprehending end of 4th grade level, so he is still a little behind. We shall see what they say. Really is hard to sit there with 10 other people around you and your motherly instincts kick in and you want to so much protect your child while all these people are talking......oh well motherhood. I sometimes think he can do it, just really lazy about it. The other day he said "well if they would give me stuff to read that I am interested in it would be ok". Can you imagine???? I had to explain to him he had not seen anything yet....wait till american history and all that...although he may like that, I hated it and only passed by the skin of my teeth.

Well hope there is more to read when I check back later. I will try to make chat later but need to go to bed early too.

Huggers,
Sandy
Old 03-26-2003, 05:38 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

God Bless America!

Hi everybody! My food issues are resurfacing. I have not been doing as well as I would like.

I didn't WI (not Wisconsin) on Monday because my youngest had a visit to the oral surgeon to get his 4 wisdom teeth taken out. He actually did pretty well. The surgeon is wonderful. My baby had extensive work done about 3 years ago with this guy and came through with flying colors and that's what happened again this time.

I've been running alot this week because I have to do it between checking on the baby. I know, I know, at almost 22 I shouldn't be calling him the baby and he probably could take care of himself, but I'm still going to mother him, and he doesn't seem to mind too much.

We are also getting ready to send him back to school. He's moving up on Monday and my mom and I will take his stuff up on Tuesday. For those of you that remember, I always take my mom with me to drop him off and pick him up because her brother is in a nursing home in Frankenmuth which isn't far from the kid's school.

Donna: Boy, what's the cause of all the fires? Arson? Seems like that would be pretty unnerving. * That e-mail you received was very special. Here, here for the men and women who are fighting for us!

Deon: Oooo, a bike ride. I haven't been on a bike in years. I would have to invest in a new BIG seat and I'm not sure the skinny tires of a 10 speed would even hold me without some major complaints.

Steph: I'm glad you're keeping up with the walking. Good job. I'm sure it will pay off for you.

Mary: I was sorry to hear about your brother's troubles. I hope that he will get his head together and realize that there is alot to live for. Regardless, none of this is your fault. Keep your chin up. [[[hugs]]]

Jen: I just can't imagine what you're going through. [[[HUGS]]] I hope that you are able to get that flight home. My prayers are with you and your family as well as all of the other soldiers and families who are torn apart at this time.

Tina: It sounds like you had a great weekend too. I'm so glad that you and honey had a nice time away from it all. And no, it can't get any better than that!!!

Lucky: I'm prayin', girlfriend. Hope you get that job. You've been wanting to move for some time now. I hope it comes through for you.

Baylee: WooHoo for you! Good job on the 4 pounds! You go girl!!!

Sandy: I'm a scale hopper too. But my problem recently is I weigh more than the scale will weigh so I've had to give that up. And to be honest with you, I feel totally lost without being able to jump on every morning. * Good job on the walk. It's nice when we find out that we've done more than we thought. * Sounds like you have a busy day going on. Hope the scale makes you happy today.

2cute: I'm not sure I'd be stepping on that scale again. OMG, a 23 pound gain in a week? I bet you freaked! But then the 100# loss doesn't sound too bad. If only it were that easy!

Well girls. Honey's on his way home, so I'm going to go fire up George and put on some chicken breasts, me thinks. The baby is just moving back into more solid foods today and I'm sure that chicken and potatoes will sound good to him. He's had about enough mush!

It's Survivor night, so I won't see you in chat, if that's what you're all doing. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-26-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:09 PM   #5  

Thin: I have one question regarding your cartoon...why do those girls boobs not bounce? Must be cosmetic surgery!!!! Hey, I have a 25 year old and a 29 year old and they are still my babies. Dh is always telling me they aren't but they are and always will be! As for the fires, seems there are lots of electrical problems! Makes me real nervous!

Sandy: I am proud of you girl to get a walk in even unexpected. Keep up the exercise though, it will make those lbs come off faster!

Deon: I would love to ride a bike as I used to ride one as a teen all the time. Unfortunately, besides having to have a seat the size of a car seat made, I don't think my knees could take it. Sure do miss it though. It was the one thing I really miss doing.

Mary: Just love your brother to death, but I would certainly not get in the middle of his relationship/child problems. Sometimes that can turn on you and could make things worse for him.

As for all you other ladies, I am proud to call you my friends. If today would be the last day God allows me to be on this earth I can truly say, you have richly blessed my life.

Everybody take care and remember me and my stubborn computer when you chat tonight. I am there in spirit!

Donna
Old 03-26-2003, 09:10 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Went to chat but no one was there see you all tomorrow
Old 03-26-2003, 11:34 PM   #7  

WOW ... It is REALLY slow in here today.

Donna... those jumpers are wearing Thins Super Duper bras.

Mary.. my daughter got me hooked on American Idol so I will always be a no show until it goes off. LOL

Thin... both of my daughters had their wisdom teeth removed within the last 6 months. One more thing we are alike.
Your weekend sounded like a blast !!! I just read in our little local paper tonight they are having one of those mystery dinners here. But you have to become a character and dress accordingly... that ruled my husband out immediately.

Tina... GREAT photos !!! You brought tears to my eyes with a couple of your statements... but this one was just too much for me.
Quote:
one point, we were sitting in our seats, the sun was on our backs, dh had his arm around me, cars were humming around the track and I just thought, "Can life can any better than this?"
That was just sooooooooo sweet !!!!!! I was sooo wishing that was me at that moment.
To have the unconditional love of the man you love.

Here is the other quote I loved....
Quote:
dh wanted to take the picture because he thought I looked pretty with the wind blowing through my hair.
How romantic is that !!!!! Ahhhhhh

Jen... I am sooo sorry your husband cannot be home with you. I am so happy though that you have a good relationship with your mom and want her with you during your times of need. I love my mom and have a good relationship ... but she is the LAST person I would turn to.

Sandy... my daughter told me to tell you she loves your avatar. She does not read our site but she peeks over my shoulder sometimes when I am posting.

Lucky... fingers, toes and eyes all crossed for you and your new job.

And for the rest... I am sorry but I can't remember what else was on the last page. I will catch you the next time you post... which hopefully will be on THANKFUL THURSDAY.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-27-2003 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2003, 11:41 PM   #8  

Angry Good evening Chick-peas!

Thought I should check in before everyone forgets about me. I'm doing peachy keen over here in Ontario--holding steady at 135 pounds lost with a current weight of 135 pounds! And... that's where I plan to hold it. At 5 foot 7, that seems about the perfect weight!

My favorite activity now, to lift my spirits, is to shop for clothes. I don't even need to buy anything... I just peruse the isles and try on something when it suits my fancy. Just knowing that I could choose from pretty well anything out there, and it would fit, makes me feel great! PLUS... I'm getting so many sweet deals on the more summery clothes that are coming out. I DO have to buy an entire new wardrobe for myself this summer.

Hmm... one of the reasons my presence here has been scarce is because I'm busy writing down my thoughts on weight loss... either content for my eventual website... or a book maybe... who knows? I DO however read all your postings everyday!

Sandy: I laughed out loud when I read your response to 2Cute's experiences with the broken scale. I pictured you blowing it to smitherines with a shotgun!

Jen: I just wanted you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family. I can't even imagine my husband being sent off to fight... and I completely understand you wanting your mom! Hope all the ladies here can provide you with some much needed support!

A big hello to all my other lovelies out there!

Sara
Highest weight: 270
Current weight: 135

Last edited by SaraJoy; 03-26-2003 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:16 AM   #9  

Ok ladies there really is a bike out there with a big seat on it. My big butt fits on it, and it has mountain bike tires so it is plenty sturdy. I have to say riding the bike is about the only kind of exercise I "love" besides swimming and I won't go to a public pool and I can't afford the insurance to own one big enough to do laps in. But anyway, if it is what you love, you can find it. I am eating well and had comments that maybe I look slimmer, well at least I don't look so "full" all the time, and I have really nice family around me. But I do feel better, tomorrow is Weigh in so we'll see, and I will try not to be so dissapointed if I haven't lost. Though I should!!! Will check back in tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:56 AM   #10  

Exclamation Thought we all could use this article

I found this article in another site... but thought we could use it here too.

STALLS -- what's happening and why
Here is an article on what causes stalls and what's happening internally during a stall.
-------------------
WHY THE SCALES CAN LIE

Why we work so hard, but nothing seems to change...
A biologist at Berkeley shared something very revealing about 4 years ago that helps us all through the erratic weight fluctuations you invariably encounter:

Fat cells are resilient, stubborn little creatures that do not want to give up their actual cell volume. Over a period of weeks, maybe months of "proper dieting", each of your fat cells may have actually lost a good percentage of the actual fat contained in those cells. But the fat cells themselves, stubborn little guys, replace that lost fat with water to retain their size. That is, instead of shrinking to match the reduced amount of fat in the cell, they stay the same size! Result - you weigh the same, look the same, maybe even gained some scale weight, even though you have actually lost some serious fat.

The good news is that this water replacement is temporary.
It's a defensive measure to keep your body from changing too rapidly. It allows the fat cell to counter the rapid change in cell composition, allowing for a slow, gradual reduction in cell size. The problem is, most people are frustrated with their apparent lack of success, assume they have lost nothing, and stop dieting.

However, if you give those fat cells some time, like 4-6 months, and ignore the scale weight fluctuations, your real weight/shape will slowly begin to show. The moral of the story - BE PATIENT!
Have faith! YOUR APPEARANCE AND SCALE WEIGHT MAY FLUCTUATE, EVEN BACK-TRACK, BUT YOUR RESOLVE, COMMITMENT AND FAITH SHOULD NOT.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:01 AM   #11  

Good morning from the early bird! I woke up at three and instead of talking my poor husband out of much needed rest until 5, I decided to get up.

I am really sorry I can't seem to make the chat work. I tried again last night as like always, as soon as I try to send a message, the computer boots me off and locks up and I have to completely reboot. DH can't seem to find what causes it.

Sara: We are all so very proud of you and what you have accomplished. I certainly hope you don't feel uncomfortable posting more often because you have acheived what none of the rest of us have yet. We are all thrilled for you!

2cute: Thanks for the article. I sure hope it helps everybody to know their efforts are not in vain!

Deon: My condo is directly across the courtyard from the pool so as soon as it opens and is warm enough, in I go everyday. When I was in Indiana, I loved getting in the pool and doing water aerobics even by myself. When I still lived up there and worked for the law firm, they paid half our memberships to this really spectacular health and lifestyle center. They had water aerobics that I went to 3 times a week so I remembered all the exercises. It is great for me because there is no stress on my knee.

Mary: You always seem to catch the girls incommunicado when you go to the chat room! Hope things with your brother are improving. I know it has to be stressful for you.

Lucky: We keep on praying for you and your job. If it is meant to be it will be. Keep your chin up.

Thin: I am sorry you were yoyoing with me last night. I know you must have thought, "What kind of screwball woman is this?" I just wish I knew what it was about that chat that I cannot stay on.

Tina: Where are you darling? I wanted to tell you that I thought you should wear your hair back (you said wind was blowing) more often. It thins your face quite a bit I think.

Baylee: Way to go with the weight loss. That is terrific!

Jen: I just want you to know, I am giving you a big hug right now! You just concentrate on the time you and dh have until he has to leave and make the very most of it! We love you here and are here every moment for you. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Steph: How's it going girl? Staying OP and getting the huff and puff in?

Today is errand and running around day. I need to go and get my hair cut as it is driving me nuts. I think I am going to run to Walmart's early this am after taking hubby to work and get hair color and do it before I go and get it cut. I usually do it after, but my hairdresser always makes a comment about me needing a color (I think because he wants me to let him do it, but I am not paying $75-100 for something I can do for under $10 tops!) Today is cat shots day! I told dh I am not taking that psycho cat to the vet by myself! I will sure be glad when he can be neutered and declawed next month.

Well, you all have a great morning and stay OP. Don't forget those tapes, walks, bike riding, running whatever!

Donna
Old 03-27-2003, 10:13 AM   #12  

Rise and SHINE ladies !!!!
I did not get up at 3am today but that is only because I did not go to bed until 4am. LOL But it is time to rise and SHINE.

(insert 2cute singing... in tune. LOL)
This little light of mine... I'm going to let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine !!!!

I hope this song is stuck in your head all day.
It is a good exercise we can all do to help build our sef confidence.
Remember.... determination and "enthusiasm" are GREAT weight loss tools.

Today is Thankful Thursday and I am today. I amThankful for...
Thin,
Tina,
Michelle,
Lucky,
Baylee,
Sandy,
Donna,
J-ann,
Duckie,
Kat,
Mary,
Ravyn,
Sara,
Jen,
Moongodess and
Steph. and.....

DEON !!!!
The Kidmeister !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-28-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:46 AM   #13  

It's thankful Thursday and I am sooo thankful for everyone here and all of your support.

THANKS!!!

I am wondering when you guys meet to chat?? Let me know. And when you do, please specify your time zone so that I can translate it to my time here in Germany.

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 03-27-2003, 01:10 PM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hello Hello!

I'm not MIA! I'm here! I've just been so busy the last couple of days....you know, getting unpacked and trying to get back to "normal life."

First things first: I have been a little lax in my eating habits lately and it's time to shape up! Don't get me wrong, I'm not even close to eating the way I used to, just eating more than I should each day and not journaling the way I should. Don't you worry about me though girls...I'm fine. Just time to get back on the stick, so to speak.

Jen: Hey sweetie, my thoughts are with you and your family during this time. There's nothing wrong with wanting your Mom either from time to time. Even though mine's a loon, I still need here too. I think we all do at times. Also, we usually chat around 7:00 or 8:00 est.

2cute: I am thankful for you, my friend. You broke my heart with your last post to me. It is wondrous to have someone to love you just like you are. Remember, although it's not the same, I love you just the way you are. Also, thank you so much for the scale article. How did you know I needed to hear that today?

Donna: Hello my sweet friend. I'm here. Don't send out a private investigator for me yet. I'm undecided about the hair thing. I've thought about letting my bangs grown out so I could wear my hair off my face, but I've had my bangs for so long, I'm kinda scared to let them grow. Know what I mean?

Sara: We are very proud of you and all your accomplishments, but don't forget the ones that need you! Hop in here and see us more often.

Deon: You are a much braver woman than I. The last time I tried to ride a bike, I coasted about 2 feet and then fell in a pile in the driveway. Don't worry though...dh helped me up. After he stopped laughing... Good for you though. I'm proud of you.

Mary: I didn't forget you either, my southern friend. You haven't mentioned the library alot lately, of course, I guess you've had other things on your mind. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your brother.

Lucky: Ok lady...time for a hug. I need a REAL REAL big one, so here goes: {{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}
Ok, that may hold me over for a little while. I have said a prayer for you and your job and if it's meant to be, it will happen. I've also included a little picture for you at the bottom. Oh well, I can't lie. It's for me too.

Baylee: Sounds like you are doing so good on your walk around the world trek! I can't keep up with you though. 8 WATP in 1 day? You rock girl!

Thin: Sounds like you had an absolutely awesome weekend too! The girls kept the thread hopping while we were gone though, didn't they? It's taken me forever to catch up. I've always wondered what one of those mystery weekends were like, and your descriptions were awesome....you took me right there with you. Well, almost.

Duckie: Where are you at girlie? I know you don't get to stop in a lot, but stop in when you can. Remember we're always here for you and think of you often.

Michelle: Now hear this! It's time to get yourself back on track little girl. I was at the track when you had a meltdown, but I'm back now and I'm ready to kick some tail! Mine too! Come on sweetie, we are doing this together, remember?

Sandy: Ok...Ok! I'm here! I know that starting a thread doesn't count as a post, and how did I know YOU would call me on it? I'm very proud of you and your exercise you've been doing lately. It doesn't matter how much you do, as long as your doing it. Your doing so well and I'm very proud of you.

Kat: Ok, I know for sure you have not posted on this thread yet and I demand you get your tail in here right now! Yes, I know you posted on the last thread, but I'm bad and can't remember what you said and I can't go back and look for fear of this stupid work computer telling me I have performed an illegal operation and then shutting me down, so I'll say this, I love you and I need some of your wit. Also, congrats on your daughter getting into the school she wanted. I'm very happy for her.

Ok, I know I've forgotten some and I'm very sorry but Chatty Cathy has been bugging me for the last hour telling me that it is her turn on the computer, at least this way, she might shut up for a few minutes and I can think.

Anyways, I'll pop by later. I love you all and I'm looking forward to a nice long chat.

Here's what I promised Lucky. Hmm, I sure do respect his racing ability.

Old 03-27-2003, 01:46 PM   #15  

Okay gals, I think I owe you a post, I've been in the lurking mode lately, and haven't been posting, so it's time to snap out of it, and post a big long one

Well where do I start, the diet is nil, not trying very hard at all, but over the last month or so I've maintained so I guess I'm doing something right. Finally went and used my gift certificate that I got for christmas, for Pennington's, and got 2 pairs of pants, and guess what to my big surprise, I was able to fit in a size 24 with room. I'm sure the last time I went shopping I could barely fit into the biggest sizes, Show's just how often I get to go shopping. Now if I can get back into the groove and lose some more weight, I might even wear shorts this summer, something I really feel self conscious about. We've been getting some really nice spring weather so I've been out walking as well, So from now on I need to make better choices, and do more excersise, would love to go bike riding or rollerblading this summer.

Were still really struggling money wise and have had to make payment arrangements with the utilitie companys, so for the next 2 months or so we will be pretty much dirt poor, and you know what makes me the madest, DF still gets his smokes, and we have hardly any food in the house, how can some one be so selfish, how do I get it thru his thick scull that we can't afford cigs, and that he needs to quit or cut back drastically, I know it's a huge habit to break, and no where not starving, but it's such a waste of money, when the money's tight, grrr I don't know why but he always seems to get what he want's and I go with out, sewing up the crotch of worn out pants over and over again, and using safety pins for buttons, oh I can go on and on, but will stop here before I get even mader

We got new computers at work, and they sold off the old ones so I bought one ( after telling you of how poor I am, haven't paid for it yet ) They were only $50 dollars, and the monitor were $ 20,
pretty good deal if you ask me, Now I have to get it programed properly, there set up with Window NT, so I'm not sure if I can even log into it at home, it will probalby cost me more to install
Window 98 0r 2000 then the whole computer cost. Oh well still a pretty good deal. An eary Birthday present to my self, I'm sure DF wont be able to get me anything, we don't get paid again till next Friday.

Tina your pictures are great, you look so slim, you definetly don't look like 270lbs, you carry it well, I hope I look as good as you when I lose 20more lbs. Thanks for remembering me.

I think from my mom for my B-day I'm going to ask her to pay for a new dew, I'm in desperate need of a hair cut, need a new look, color, something different, I want a change

They put up a new web blocker so I don't know if I 'll be able to log on much at work any more, what will I do, that's my main purpose for coming to work, ( besides making some money ) I'll be lost, hopefully I can get the computer at home up and running real quick.

Oh yeah I got the cleaning job at my work, so that's an extra $400 dollars a month, one night a week, as well as I'm taking over the pop machine I stalk it and keep what ever money It makes. So things look like they might get better in the near future

Well I better hurry up and post this before it boots me off, just remember I love you all, and look forward to reading each and everyone of your post's, everyone of you have supported me and motivated me in one way or another.
Closed Thread