Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 140/135.8/120

Height: 5'6"

Anyone have any tips on how to stay sane while struggling with bulimia?
Salgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #92  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Berry It's awful when you are expecting TTOM and have all the symptoms, but it hasn't happened yet. Miserable for sure. I hope you get relief soon.

Mamakat We went to the Japanese restaurant that we go to every month. Love the food, but hate the sodium and possible reactions. I have been known to have night sweats (hot flashes). It seems that taking evening primrose oil and vitamin E has helped some. I hope you have a great day!

Moondance It sounds like you had another good day! Great job on the exercise!

Salgal Hi Welcome to the check-in! I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with those issues. I'm not sure, but maybe this section of the forum can be of help. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/ You can still post your thoughts here, if you feel it will help you. Hang in there. I wish you all the best in your journey.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
NY Strip 400 calories
3 orders broccoli 300 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning and TGIF! Have a great one!

It looks like TTOM has finally left the building!

Calories for the day: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.4
Down: 1 pound
Old 06-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #95  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone

Wow, I finally dropped that .8 that I gained last week. Not sure how, I've been eating a lot and not moving near enough. But finally it's gone. I hate that I lost my 100lbs goal. But I know it's within reach.

Today is another high honors award for my DD. My blisters are healed so I'll walk over. DH is staying home to see her get her award, she's been above 4.0 all year, I'm still shocked that's even possible. She takes after her daddy in intelligence, but she's a writer too...so cool.

Although I'll be walking, I'll be doing it slow. I'm having my first in a long time MD episode. Every muscle is hurting, even my palms and toes. I think it's because it's been raining all week and today it dried up. If things go gradually I get maybe achy. But when it's drastic I start crying like a baby. I'm gonna try for no added help (pain killers) but already I'm whining. When it's bad, I beg DH to chop off limbs. I already told him to warm up his saws-all. My right side is throbbing. He said ok and kept on clicking on his computer. Hopefully it will pass soon. Hopefully the walk won't aggravate it, I don't think I've ever exercised through an episode...I usually lay in bed, mopey and high on pain killers. NOT TODAY!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day! Happy Friday Everyone!

Last edited by mamakat; 06-15-2012 at 07:54 AM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #96  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat Sending you strength to get through this MD episode. Have the new socks helped with the foot issue? I hope you have a wonderful day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #97  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Mamakat - congrats to your daughter! But boohoo to the MD flaring up. that stinks! Hope your day goes better than it started!

Diana - hoping the flareups of your allergic reaction get better too.

Holding steady for me - gardening today and tomorrow and Sunday. gotta get it DONE!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Happy Friday!

Working for a bit today (not usual for a Friday). Later today I'm hitting the driving range. Yes...the driving range. I haven't golfed in over 20 years. My BFF finally talked me into playing with her in a charity tournament. Figured I better practice a couple times beforehand! Otherwise, a quiet weekend on hand. Oldest DD is headed to Washington DC for a senior trip tomorrow. She's got a friend who lives there now, so she's staying with them. I'm very jealous!

Mamakat: I'm sure I haven't mentioned for awhile how inspirational you are. Even with your MD flare up, you're exercising. You're not letting ANYTHING get in your way. Don't let the loss of your 100 pound mark get you down. You didn't gain weight linearly and you won't lose it linearly either. but your overall trend is down and continues to be down. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Berry: I'd love to see more pics of your gardening efforts when you're done this weekend.

Diana: Hooray! Glad TTOM is G.O.N.E!!! You haven't mentioned negative reactions to the Japanese food, so maybe your reaction wasn't too bad this time?
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #99  
Trying to live below 200

I thought I would pass this along, in case anyone is interested. The workout program Supreme 90 is at Big Lots for $4. I bought it this week. I'm not going to do the rotation at this time. The system consists of 10 DVD's. Right now I will use them within my on going rotations. Maybe one day I will do a S90 rotation. I really think this is a good deal for a workout program that contains 10 DVD's. I think it has been compared to P90.
Here's the ad at Big Lots: http://www.biglots.com/search/product/8237
Here's the product info on Supreme 90: https://www.supreme90day.com/?uid=1C...18DB0925D7BDE5

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-15-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #100  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Wow I have missed a ton!!!

Berry - So glad to see you active here again... I can't view your picture on work computer, but will be sure to look tonight and bet you are fabulous looking Glad the weight is trickling off for you

Mamakat - Not sure if this helps, but this is what I did for shoes. I went to a running specialty store, had them assess my gait and recommend the shoe that was best (happened to be ASICS Gel 4 for my weird walk), then I went to Kohl's, got them on sale, and used Kohl's Kash to spend only $25 on shoes at the running store were going to run me $97! Just maybe a suggestion to help?

Diana - How is your mom? Been a bit since you updated. I read back so I was caught up. I have been including you and her in my prayers daily and am amazed at how well you are handling it all. Glad your TOM has left you alone.

Moon - So glad to see you back! Missed you

Anyone else I missed, sorry and hi

My parents left yesterday for Maine. They called at 4am today to let me know they made it safe and sound. Amber came home from camp today and has been texting me all her fun adventures. I am holding strong with first week of school and actually have gone ahead with assignments per syllabus. I have kept up with my fitness and then some, except for yesterday and today...and nutrition has been stable (other than a few cheats while the folks were here)...so even with craziness I am proving I can still do it. Belly is a bit upset/nauseous today, so not pushing a workout tonight. I will wait and see how I feel tomorrow. In the meantime, no need to risk getting full blown ill when I don't have time to deal with that. Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Here's an update on my Mom. I made these two posts over the last two days at another check-in of mine. I am just going to copy and paste.
Yesterday:
Speaking of my Mom, I will share a little update. Mind you that she is still very, very sick and things can change at any minute. She is still in ICU, but everything seems to improving, although they are improving slowly. She is still on the ventilator. She is requiring less oxygen from the ventilator and she is breathing more on her own. She has been getting a lot of breating treatments to help her lungs. They are going to do a feeding tube tomorrow. This will enable them to increase her nutrition, which will improve her overall condition and allow her to get stronger. The pneumonia condition has improved. I won't go through all the details and improvements, since things can change so quickly. The Dr's have a plan in place that we went over today. The plan does include alternatives in case we are faced with new obstacles. Everyone originally thought this decision was the best, although I truly questioned it. Today, I have been able to see a culmination of progress and understand the plan. It's interesting how "life support" is different now compared to what it was many years ago. Things have really changed. Again, I don't know what the end result will be with the journey and things can change so quickly. But I can say that I see things differently now than I did weeks ago. Please keep us in your prayers.

Today:
Mom update: I visit her twice a day, once in the AM before work and then PM right before I go home for the evening. All of the news in the AM was really good. That's what I posted about yesterday. Last night there was more good news. My Mom was completely breathing on her own. She is still on the machine, but it is a different mode. She is initiating the breath, but at the end of the breath the machine gives a push to expand the lungs more. Today they did the feeding tube. That surgery went well.

As a family, in general, we have always been against life support. My Mom's situation was different than most life support situations you hear about. She didn't have a cardiac event or any type of organ failure. She developed pneumonia after being sedated from having a scope of her esophagus. If I didn't make the decision that I made that morning, she probably would have died later that night. It would have been a long agonizing death. I'm not sure of anything else they could have done to help her with this. The Dr's don't consider what we did to be life support. It's still the same machines. My Mom has always been totally against life support and I am aware of this. The legal documents she had drawn up gave me final decision on everything. We have a running joke that I don't want to be anywhere near that room when she comes off the machine and is completely aware of what's going on. She will either thank me or kill me.

Berry Nothing wrong with holding steady. I hope you have a productive weekend.

Moondance I hope you had a great day and fun at the driving range. I have never golfed before. I think the issue with the Japanese food is probably the soy sauce and maybe the oil they use to cook. I don't even normally mention my reactions any more because they are not as bad as they once were. They are more tolerable than they used to be. It seems things have really improved since changing over to the Rudi's bread products. My reactions are mostly blisters in the mouth/lips. I also have a little water weight gain and will wake with hives. I don't have the full facial swelling like I used to have.

Itsmyturn Hi It's good to see you! It sounds like you have done an amazing job with all that you have had going on. Congratulations and keep up the great work!
Old 06-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #102  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 300 calories
Collard Greens 100 Calories
Okra/Tomatoes 100 calories
Yogurt 200 calories

Exercise:
Supreme 90 Cardio Challenge w/8's
1000 Jump Ropes
Old 06-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #103  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all - just quick popping in as I start this busy day. TTOM started, so at least I can stop worrying about that - 5 days late - and it's not starting like usually either. And on day 1 of TTOM I drop a pound? I peed forever this morning - so weird... Down to 167.6. Three more pounds to get back down to my all time low.

Diana - Glad to hear your mom keeps improving. Nothing is black or white, is it?

Itsmyturn! - Nice to see you! I know how much you love your parents visit too - sorry it's over!

Mamakat - how did yesterday go?

Moondance - hi!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-16-2012 at 07:52 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 148.4
No Change

Berry It seems like I have went through different phases of TTOM with my weight loss. Overall, mine is not as heavy. I am so grateful for that. I would really like the duration of it to shorten. Some months are shorter than others though. You are so right, things are not black and white. It's funny how your thoughts on things change as you have life experiences. Sometimes things end up the exact opposite as what your beliefs are. Life is very interesting, (and then it throws you a curve ball ). I hope you have a great day and get a lot accomplished.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #105  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Good Morning Everyone,

Berry The walk to and from DD's school went well. DH and I talked about my shoe issue. We found I'm walking on my toes then as I'm stepping off I grip with them then push. So they're working more than they should. I got used to those rocking shoes (I call them boat shoes because of the curved bottom). They work your stability and keep your toes off the ground. Never had foot problems with them. But they were hard to find, I found a pair by Dr. Scholl's yesterday. Hopefully I'll be up and out again for my 5 mile walks. Glad TTOM made it, hope he doesn't stay long.

Diana Thanks for the update on your mom. She is my thoughts.

Moondance How was golfing?

ItsMyTurn Nice to see you.

AsForMe Last night DH had a gig in a small coffee shop, it was fun, but I sat in a hard chair for hours. Not good on my spine or hip. I wore heels and didn't want to stand but I had to, it's just too much sitting. The walk seemed to help not hurt my body muscles, could be psychological not sure. My hands however, have gotten worse. I can't hold anything, I'm used to that though. It's the weekend, I don't have to do a lot of driving.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day!
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote