Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1570 +
Weigh In: 148.4 (TTOM)
No Change

Mamakat Great news on the 7 hours of sleep!

ItsMyTurn Hi I hope all is well with you and you are getting it all done! I know you are a busy lady. Hang in there.

CyberCrystal Good job on sticking to your food plan, exercise, and for the weight loss. That's the way to do it!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #47  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all - doing a quick check in.

This week has been tough and lack of sleep has been the culprit. I just can't handle it with a slightly still too low thyroid and slightly anemic too. I just get too tired and rely on food for energy boosts.

So, this month I basically undid last month's progress. Not "off the wagon", but struggling to find a balance with two part-time jobs and kids school and the home and extra projects.... the end is coming in sight for some of it, so that helps!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #48  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone,
This whole thing with my Mom has been a roller coaster ride. This morning she took a turn for the worse. Her hemoglobin hasn't dropped, which is good news. That means that the bleeding has stopped. Hopefully the meds have helped with the virus in her esophogus. The bad news is that she is having issues with her breathing. They are thinking this was from her being sedated from the GI scope yesterday. I was with her quite a while yesterday and last night. She seemed to have gotten congested last night, but was still doing well. I have made a decision for now. I am not happy with either of my options. We spoke with my Mom this morning. She has made conflicting comments. I spoke with all of her Drs, too. I am giving my Mom one last chance to pull this thing out and make a turn for the better. Once you decide the other way, there's no turning back. My Mom chose chemo, my Mom chose to go to the ER last week, my Mom even agreed to a feeding tube if necessary, so her esophogus could heal. She said she wated to live this morning before they sedated her. After they sedated her she said something different. We have the legal documents that give me the final decision. She has never wanted to be on life support. Earlier today she told me differently. All of the Drs. believe this is a temporary complication with her breathing. Again, I am not happy with either of the options. But I would rather err on the side of caution at this point in time.

I'm sorry to post about this. It helps me to be able to get my thoughts out, though. Thank you for listening. I don't mean to burden you with this. Please pray that I am able to make the correct decison and choices for my Mom. Again, I don't really have any other family but my DH and Mom. This is really tough for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:11 PM   #49  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone,
This whole thing with my Mom has been a roller coaster ride. This morning she took a turn for the worse. Her hemoglobin hasn't dropped, which is good news. That means that the bleeding has stopped. Hopefully the meds have helped with the virus in her esophogus. The bad news is that she is having issues with her breathing. They are thinking this was from her being sedated from the GI scope yesterday. I was with her quite a while yesterday and last night. She seemed to have gotten congested last night, but was still doing well. I have made a decision for now. I am not happy with either of my options. We spoke with my Mom this morning. She has made conflicting comments. I spoke with all of her Drs, too. I am giving my Mom one last chance to pull this thing out and make a turn for the better. Once you decide the other way, there's no turning back. My Mom chose chemo, my Mom chose to go to the ER last week, my Mom even agreed to a feeding tube if necessary, so her esophogus could heal. She said she wated to live this morning before they sedated her. After they sedated her she said something different. We have the legal documents that give me the final decision. She has never wanted to be on life support. Earlier today she told me differently. All of the Drs. believe this is a temporary complication with her breathing. Again, I am not happy with either of the options. But I would rather err on the side of caution at this point in time.

I'm sorry to post about this. It helps me to be able to get my thoughts out, though. Thank you for listening. I don't mean to burden you with this. Please pray that I am able to make the correct decison and choices for my Mom. Again, I don't really have any other family but my DH and Mom. This is really tough for me.
Oh Diana - you are in such a tough position. You want to do the right thing by her, but with things so confusing and 'unsure' how can you be sure of anything?

From what you have said, I think your actions are the path I would have taken so far too. You aren't providing 'true' life support and the doctors are optimistic and think this is a blip.. but you have to be soooooo emotionally drained! And I'm so sorry you are having to go through this! Hugs to you!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #50  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana you are always in my thoughts.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #51  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone Thank you so much for the support. I truly appreciate it.

Total Approx 1370 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ w/weighted gloves

ETA: Back from the hospital. My Mom's vitals are stable. The hemoglobin hasn't dropped. That means she is no longer bleeding. They did a lung culture earlier in the day. It came back that she had some pneumonia. This was probably brought on by her being sedated yesterday and why she was having issues breathing today. The nurse said that my Mom is breathing some on her own.

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-07-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:05 AM   #52  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Enjoy your weekend.

Your heartfelt thoughts mean so much to me, right now. I can truly feel the love through your posts. I am trying to be patient and think positive so the medicine has a chance to work. It's really hard. By all accounts it's the correct thing to do right now. There has been no organ failure or anything like that going on. We'll see what happens. A friend of ours went in for surgery at the first of the year. He had a similar situation and was treated similarly to my Mom. In fact he is quite a bit older than my Mom. He is back to his regular routine and in fact, mows the grass at our business (riding lawn mower). I was scared to allow him to come back after everything he had went through with his health. But I felt it was also unfair not to allow him since the Dr. has released him and it's what he wanted to do. Everything is going well for him. Hopefully my Mom will bounce back, too. I won't post anything else unless there is a major change. Daily updates can be very draining for everyone here. I just ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 +
Weight In: 147.2 (TTOM)
Down: 1.2 pounds
Old 06-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #53  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1520 Calories +

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
Raw carrots 60 calories
2% prepackaged cheddar cheese block 90 calories
grilled salmon 300 calories
2 servings okra and tomatoes 200 calories
Raspberry sorbet 100 calories

Exercise:
Women's Health Ultimate Fat Burn w/8's
2000 Jump Ropes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #54  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Enjoy your weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1520 +
Weigh In: 147.2 (TTOM)
No change
Old 06-09-2012, 09:40 AM   #55  
Life is about balance

Good Morning Everyone

I went MIA yesterday because I slept all day. If I wasn't sleeping, I was eating. The mania has left the building. I am back to my slow sluggish self, who is struggling to think of the next chapter. Man, I was whipping that second book out quick over 90k already and now I can't think...aw well, I'm sleeping!

DH and I and his band mates went to a bar Thursday (this is my first outing since weight loss). The tuba player called me slim all night. He was super impressed. Funny guy. Said I still look so young, no grays. I told him, I colored my hair...black is not the natural hair color for white women, I should say not common. But he so did not know...well I gave him an education on hair coloring, it was a good night.

We went to see punk bands. I love punk music. DH plays angry rock, I haven't seen him in a show since around 2005. Now that the kids are old enough, I should start back going, I enjoyed myself and without drinking. The music was blah, but it was fun to listen to the tuba player (who went to school and trained and was in a symphony for years) and my DH, a perfectionist from a long line of musician, critique the young generation of up and comers. I know nothing about music, only what I like, but watching is fun.

Diana You can come here and tell us how your day went, anytime. You know I figure even the unweight related things relate to our weight. It shows that you are going through a stressful time and still make wise decisions. For those who are just starting out, they might say: I have a busy life, I can't add exercise. I can't restrict myself when there's no 'good' food anywhere around. Or when they think they're lives are so out of control that right now isn't the time to diet and no one would ever understand because we all have easy lives...these posts show that's not true. We all have struggles and although we don't mention, food, diet or exercise in every post, it's in our daily lives. We are fighting to do what's right for us. And staying on plan and doing the right thing will help us to get through this a whole lot better than if we didn't. So never stop venting...it helps all around, not drains.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and healthy day.

Last edited by mamakat; 06-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #56  
Life is about balance

Here's some before and after shots.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hope it works
Old 06-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #57  
Trying to live below 200

Mamakat I am so glad that you were able to get some sleep! Yay for you! I totally agree that life affects our weight and choices. I hope our posts can help someone. You never know when someone is going to read a post that they can relate to and it makes a difference in their life. Your pictures are amazing! You have done such a fantastic job! Congratulations!

Total Approx 1705 Calories +

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (460 Calories)
Yogurt 260 Calories
Oatmeal w/sugar, cinnamon, cream 200 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
Red Rice 200 Calories
Sausage 200 Calories
Apple pie slice 300 calories
Vanilla Ice Cream 150 Calories

Exercise:
5 Mile Mall Walk
Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #58  

Diana -- Sending you hugs and prayers. Tough times that you and your Mum are both going through. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

Mamakat that after shots are amazing in the difference . Well done you.

I have had a pretty big day-- Went for a big ride for the bulk of the day, across town and back. Did about 30 kms in all probably,with a few stops for coffee , lunch etc.

My foodwas not very "organised" as I was out for lunch ( but made the best choice that I could at the cafe) The rest of my meals and snacks were as planned. Off to gym tomorrow in the morning and then to a football game
( will stay away from chips and pies etc )

All the best everybody We have a long weekend here in Melbourne ( hence the football game )
CyberCrystal
CyberCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Make it a great day for yourself!

Calories for yesterday: 1705 +
Weigh In: 147.2 (TTOM)
No Change

CyberCrystal Thank you! Enjoy the game and your long weekend.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #60  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1355 Calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + )
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (700 Calories)
Greek chicken orzo asperagus feta kalamata olive salad 700 calories

Dinner (260 Calories)
Fage plain Greek yogurt 260 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB w/8's & 12's

Last edited by Diana3271; 06-10-2012 at 10:26 PM.