Benefits of weight loss

• I think we should post what we think the benefits of weight loss are. It could be encouraging to think about all the different ways weight loss will help us. I will go first, but boy do I have a list!

No, heartburn, acid reflux, aching joints, heart trouble or stroke. Look better, buy clothing in any store, stamina when walking etc., No being winded all the time, able to play with your kids (or grandson in my case), keeping up with others when you are out walking somewhere. Cleaning your house (big one for OCD me!), learning good nutrition, riding a bike, skating or whatever you cannot do now, Sex (hey I got it in there didn't I? ) and being around for your loved ones!

NOW LET'S HEAR YOURS!
  • You don't always feel the urge to hide when someone has a camera.

You don't dread your annual physical (and you actually go and get an annual physical!).

You feel comfortable wearing clothes that show the circumference of your waist.

You don't look at other drivers and try to find one that are heavier than you anymore.

You can wear the clothes you wore a few decades ago (if you saved them) that are coming back into fashion! If you didn't save them, buying new clothes is fun rather than a nightmare.
  • This is a good topic!
    You don't avoid mirrors, store windows and cameras! You actually want to see your self!

You buy clothes you like not just because they fit!

Your family tells you how proud there are and you can see it in there eyes!

If you work with kids you don't always have to fear they make some comment about your weight!

That is all I can think of now but look forward to hearing what others have to say!
    Beth
  • Your self esteem goes up.

You like going out in public.
  • What a wonderfully positive post!!
    I would say TONS of health benefits-your risk for diseases dramatically lessen and you feel tremendously better-no more little aches and pains and just not feeling "your best." I imagine what we put up with daily because of excess weight is truly amazing!

On a psychological approach, I would say the most beneficial thing would be that you are no longer self-conscious about your appearance. Size no longer matters to you. You aren't immediately comparing yourself to the size of others/checking to see if you are the largest in the room, etc. That HAS to be the most freeing experience! I can't WAIT to experience it!

Here's wishing less of ALL of us in 2003!!
  • KEEP AT IT GIVE US SOME MORE OF YOUR THOUGHTS!

Donna
  • We will live longer with less weight to carry around.
  • I will no longer feel like I'm carrying around another person--I will feel FREE-really FREE...it will be so easy to just get around and I already feel "lighter" that is an AWESOME feeling!! to already feel lighter on my feet!